Why does Ramsay sear meat in a non stick pan?

The only argument I've seen is that tv chefs don't care because the pans are provided by the show and thus one use and disposable. Ramsay has a bunch of home shot videos where it looks like he uses the same nonstick pan to sear.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xGUwDi3k-hY
google.com/search?q=carbon steel pan&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwij8aC-nMLXAhUFbSYKHYNYAYUQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1438&bih=800
youtu.be/nRGz2md8l28
youtube.com/watch?v=-av6cz9upO0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does it work?

That's why.

Because cast-iron is a fucking meme

Stick pans are hard to come by nowadays. They also catch fire too often.

That looks like a carbon steel pan.

better head distribution

This annoys me as well. It's impossible to get a good sear on a non stick pan.
I'm guessing because these teflon pan guys are paying him to use the pans on his show. Trying to get people to use their chemical sprayed pans.
As many conspiracy theories there are out there these days I'm surprised that isn't one yet.

>It's impossible to get a good sear on a non stick pan.
Not true

OP here. This isn't a non stick hate thread. I have one myself for eggs. It's that you're not supposed to heat them past 500 degrees. To sear, you're going way above that.

that's carbon steel you dip

it's not, notice the unseasoned ring where the nonstick surface meets the aluminum.

you literally aren't going to even 500 degrees unless you're using extremely high smoke point oil, of which there are like one or two that youd want to risk hearing to 500 degrees

Lol this. Where do these ultra high heat sear fags get their info from?

If you've never seared you meat against the corona of the sun, you just aren't doing it right.

Raymond Blanc uses nonstick too.
youtube.com/watch?v=xGUwDi3k-hY

Are cast iron pans the new water filters?

More like mason jars for cups.

Pans on TV are provided free by companies in exchange for being featured on the show

But they are still able to crust a steak.

That looks like anodized aluminum not nonstick.

Look at the handle. It's seasoned carbon steel.

A lot of people are suspicious of teflon, me included. I came across something one time (maybe Wikipedia for all I know) that claimed a study found teflon in the blood of newborn babies. That kind of freaked me out.

What does the handle have to do with anything?

So you have a fonde for making sauce you pleb

>nonstick
>fond (you actually mean sucs)

unless you're making a fond for further use, there is no point in a non-non-stick pan

Not seeing the correct answer here, so I'll give it.

Typically, it's so you develop a fond for deglazing and sauce creation.

But what he's using is carbon steal, not non-stick. Big difference.

>he's using is carbon steal,
>steal
but he's not. It's shiny where the teflon and aluminum meet.

Lol that's not Teflon.

Think about what hes doing and then think about why you need it to stick.

It's not carbon steel. Carbon steel shouldn't shine.

UUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHH......

google.com/search?q=carbon steel pan&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwij8aC-nMLXAhUFbSYKHYNYAYUQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1438&bih=800

>ramsay uses unseasoned carbon steel.

Sure champ.

a lot of these tv chefs seem to use metal implements on non-stick pans, i cringe everytime

Lol however you want to justify your being wrong.

I'm not the one losing sleep at night.

Still not seeing your point.

teflon emits toxic gas at high cooking temperatures.

I don't see it, actually
not being ironic

higher cooking temperatures than your equipment is capable of reaching

teflon emits toxic gas when put into like a broiler

No reason to season the rim of the pan, dude.

sure, no reason not to, but no reason to believe it not having been seasoned is definitive proof of anything.

here's the info we have:

>searing is shit in non-stick skillets
>the shape of pan he is using looks very much like almost any carbon-steel pan, or potentially a handful of aluminum non-stick pans
>it's colour, both inside and out, is similar to that of a carbon steel pan and have not seen on a non-stick aluminum pan
>he's searing meat in it

there's more in the "it's carbon steel" column than there is in the "it's not carbon steel" column. At best, there's a slight element of doubt. To try and inflate that into "he's definitely using a non stick pan" is just silly. You can safely assume he's using carbon steel.

Pretty sure that's ceramic, rather than teflon.

youtu.be/nRGz2md8l28

no idea why he uses a non stick pan. But i've never gotten a Michelin star so ill shut the fuck up.

see the image in The edges will cook first on the ring of your burner, pulling the fibers making it concave away from the pan. If you use a pan that isn't non-stick it will lock to the pan and won't turn into a dry steak bowl.
You don't need to worry about that with a tenderloin that you're holding to your pan or a thiiick steak with enough weight to keep itself down.

>The best breakfasts in the world are in America
Brits on suicide watch

Was La Galleria 33 staged?

Its all they had as well.. they will never recover.

jimmy olive oil does it because he's constantly promoting his own brand, he only ever uses it. Not sure if ramsay has a brand of non-stick that he's promoting too?

OP back. Now I remember why I hate this board. A bunch of retards who have no idea what they're talking about who still spout their nonsense as fact and argue for pages.

Go to 2:10 for conclusive proof it's non stick. Argument, done.
youtube.com/watch?v=-av6cz9upO0

Carbon steel cucks BTFO decisively

>I'm an expert on YouTube videos