Why doesn't everyone use reverse osmosis filters...

Why doesn't everyone use reverse osmosis filters? Tap water typically has ~350ppm of random dissolved solids and a $300 filter on your sink will make it so clean it has 0ppm... why do people buy bottled water or drink shitty tap water that probably has arsenic and chromium and some other garbage in it that's killing you and making it taste like shit? You can even buy RO filters that change the pH to whatever you want and add back in only the minerals you want.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Global-Water-5-Stage-Reverse-Osmosis/dp/B06XKZL76D/ref=lp_9619366011_1_2?srs=9619366011&ie=UTF8&qid=1510799163&sr=8-2
youtube.com/watch?v=9tiZEyH8CZ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How often do you have to replace all those filters?

Autism speaks

Do you also walk around with air tanks on your back?

every 4,000 gallons and it costs $110 for all 5 filters. if it's only yourself, you won't use 4,000 gallons for drinking and cooking for years. you only drink like 60 gallons on water per year. cooking and washing your hands with it won't increase this by too much. even if you double it to 120 gallons, good luck doing that.

My uncle has one of these, it really does taste pure.

solid, ok I'll look into setting one of these up. Would be nice not to throw out 100 plastic water bottles every month. Do I just google reverse osmosis setup and go from there?

>$300
>filters $150

Nigga, I got mine on amazon for less than $150, and it came with an extra set of filters!

RO system in house is awesome though, best tasting water, and use it in any cooking that requires water.

amazon.com/Global-Water-5-Stage-Reverse-Osmosis/dp/B06XKZL76D/ref=lp_9619366011_1_2?srs=9619366011&ie=UTF8&qid=1510799163&sr=8-2

coz if there's one thing I want to outsource to China it's the cleanliness of my drinking water

I have one off eBay, works pretty well the last 3 years. Gets down to 7ppm.

cool, so it measures ppm too?

Because I can't afford to waster 5 times more water.

Sure you can. After all, you can afford silly electronics to shitpost online. That costs far more money than a marginal waste of a subset of your water use.

No, I have a meter. It's mainly for some plants.

RO has shit efficiency, it's not some tiny factor, it's the major concern for not having one. My shitposting machine is 10+ years old, it was a different time.

>$300 filter
fuck that

RO water from a machine is $0.10/gallon here, that's 30,000 gallons - a couple years worth of drinking water

Some countries/cities/counties have better water standard.
I get the idea of at the least using a charcoal filter, if you live in USA or live off a well with mediocre water quality.
Or you live in somewhere that the local tap water is awful. Either due community being too small to filter its water source, and its shit.
Or because reasons. Like India

>RO has shit efficiency
Sure. But who cares? Nobody uses it for large-scale uses of water, like bathing or watering plants. Who cares if you waste 4 cups of drinking water when you get one?

I get by on a 2 stage filter, my TDS is 30-40ppm. Most of you that use cheap 5 stage RO probably have membranes you can drive a truck through.

3 stage for me ---> I don't think it was much over $100ish

Poor people. That's my point. I'm not against cleaner water, it's just a factor that normies take into account.

Remember if you drink RO water it has ZERO minerals in it so you need to supplement with minerals.
youtube.com/watch?v=9tiZEyH8CZ8

1:09:15 for the water guy to come drop knowledge if you don't want to watch the whole episode.

Because I live in a country where tap water is actually drinkable.

good stuff, so you need minerals in your water

dunno how the fuck I'm gonna figure out if my tap water is good though

>will make it so clean it has 0ppm
That I doubt.

>0 ppm

user I...

Yes....?

I drink RO and take vitamins in hopes I am getting my minerals but I wish I had good mineral water. Where do you live?

Mississippi

Northern? Tn bro here

I use alexapure gravity filters.

>you only drink like 60 gallons on water per year.
that's less than a quart of water per day, you must be pretty dehydrated

A membrane filter with activated carbon stage does the work just well.

central, pretty close to Jackson

You familiar with slug burgers? Pretty tasty MS treat for me

definitely down to the single digits in ppm. that's typical

and that's well within acceptable levels as is typical of 5 stage RO

nope had to google it, looks awesome. I'll find one next time I head up that way

I live in a place where water doesn't contain cancer

environmental laws rule

this german guy is fucking fascinating, he really knows his shit and is cool about it

checked

>china
buy filters from the USA then its a standard setup; actually the RO filter from this kit is made in usa the actual tap and tank is all just housings for the filters

California?

I bought a propur filter did I get memed?

Iceland here, drinking tap water from glacier, thats why.

I guess if you live in a country with 3rd world tier utilities you'd need shit like that.

>Year 1 of the God Emperor Trump
>not DuckDuckGoing it
stay pleb, pleb.

So, Chicago in other words. Also Las Vegas, all of Arizona, Florida, and a lot of other places that have really shitty water quality.

You can use the discarded water for flushing or for plants or something. It doesn't have to go down the drain.