As someone who has never had fried eggs before, are there any right and wrong ways to cook them...

As someone who has never had fried eggs before, are there any right and wrong ways to cook them? What do they taste like?

Other urls found in this thread:

cooksillustrated.com/recipes/9473-perfect-poached-eggs
google.com/search?ei=6v8MWvDyDsXEmwG6urPACA&q=how to poach an egg&oq=how to poach&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0l10.6806.14720.0.15805.12.12.0.0.0.0.188.1981.0j12.12.0..3..0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.12.1974...0i67k1j0i131k1j0i3k1.0.U6652O6Gx1I
youtube.com/watch?v=WCKbEoMfUdo
youtube.com/watch?v=QD6zMStRm8U
npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/08/06/430069996/the-basted-egg-a-foolproof-play-on-the-poach
efsa.europa.eu/en/press/news/170307
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>never had fried eggs
how?

The smell like cum for the first couple minutes of cooking but end up smelling delicious when done frying

Like salty chicken. Eggs taste like chicken. You just don't realize it because its deconstructed and I often paired with something else.

don't boil them

whatin the fuckmy raw eggs have never smelled remotely like semen what in the fuck kind of eggs do you get?

That's a nice pic of a french style fried egg.
Needs a bit more butter though.

England’s Best

Brown buttery goodness and cholesterol if you baste them right proper

what the fuck kind of semen do you get?

what the fuck is a "french style" fried egg? a fried egg is a fucking god damned fried egg you fucking fuck

Actually tried doing them for the first time myself today. Used olive oil, heated the pan at medium-high, then waited for a minute or so and turned it down a bit. The bottom ended up overcooked and the yolk all runny and undercooked. Also now my farts smell like a combination of the overcooked bit and olive oil.

Would using butter or sunflower oil instead make it better?

LOL, read a fucking book you ape.

Also tasted pretty bad desu

>eating a single egg

How tall are you and what’s your weight?

>173-178cm, depending on how much I slouch at the time
>51.5-53.5kg

>combining random shit
why do americans do this? Can't you just eat the toast and the mushrooms and the egg separately like a real human bean?

Why are you posting a poached egg in a fried egg thread?

In imperial please

>thinking you can get that shape from a poached egg

Your inexperience is showing.

The fuck? It's clearly poached.

Strain runny eggwhite in perforated spoon
add to simmering water and wala. You get that pic exactly.

Eggs are easy to overcook, so use medium to low temperatures. Grease the surface of your pan and set it on the stove to heat, then crack an egg or two into it and leave it be until the yolk sets. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on it and you should be set.

as the guy who made it I can tell you it's not poached.

>egg in pan
>dash of water in pan
>cover 45 seconds
>plate

it's fucking poached.
cooksillustrated.com/recipes/9473-perfect-poached-eggs

There's no "wrong" way to do one because everyone likes them differently. You've got over easy, over medium, over well, sunny side up, basted, yolks broken, and some people just like them cooked until they have a browned crust which other people hate and don't want at all.

Like this guy, he might hate this type of egg but for someone else it'd be perfect.

>not enjoying runny yolks

???

you're blind, and apparently retarded. it's not poached.

>enjoying salmonella

???

frying an egg is a dry cooking method (no fucking water). You fucking poached your egg. stupid.

less heat and throw a cover on that

>living in the third world where eggshells are actually coated in salmonella
???

poached.

the entire world seems to disagree
google.com/search?ei=6v8MWvDyDsXEmwG6urPACA&q=how to poach an egg&oq=how to poach&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0l10.6806.14720.0.15805.12.12.0.0.0.0.188.1981.0j12.12.0..3..0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.12.1974...0i67k1j0i131k1j0i3k1.0.U6652O6Gx1I

It's a fried eggs you idiots. Re-read his shit. Adding literally a tsp of water to a pan when frying an egg and covering it ensures that the top is cooked and not runny. This is a VERY common method of cooking a fried egg.

Why does it look like every poached egg?
I know, because its poached.

egg + water = poaching.
egg + oil = frying.
considered yourself graduating culinary 101.

My grandma used to use tons of fucking oil to fry eggs and she would splash some of the hot oil onto the top of the eggs. She would also salt and pepper the eggs while the were still gooey so you get salt and pepper mixed in.

I swear to god that woman must go through a gallon of oil a week. She once made pastichio and I literally had to drain the fucking oil out of it before i Could eat it.

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you? Even restaurants will add a slash of water to the grill when frying an egg and cover it to cook the excess albumin on a flat top. This is elementary shit.

I'll remember to go to your Denny's and asked for a fried egg when I want a poached egg.

user, you know you can do both, right? Not just with eggs, either. You can make potstickers this way, too.

Get rekt.
youtube.com/watch?v=WCKbEoMfUdo

5'10"
115lbs.

youtube.com/watch?v=QD6zMStRm8U

And that looks nothing like

lmao manlet

You are not smart.

Because every egg looks the same. Lol wew!
I had eggs look like that on an electric stove top when the coil was slanted to the side.

You're done kid. Give it up.

underrated

>Because every egg looks the same. Lol wew!
Thanks for admitting they look nothing alike.

>4 fucking minutes to make an egg
Those whites are rubber

At least it's a full egg.
is missing half his egg white.

> is missing half his egg white.

i cut them off with the spatula actually, wasn't very appealing to the final presentation.

Ah so, you steamed your egg and shaped it to look like a poached egg by cutting off the "feathered" whites. So now we know why it looks poached.

might be a little more obvious in this picture, you can see the cut marks on the edge sort of.

So a basted egg is a lazy mans poached egg?
npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/08/06/430069996/the-basted-egg-a-foolproof-play-on-the-poach

legit question:
Do you fry both sides of the eggs? I think americans do.. or at least that's what it seems from the recipees I watched online.

however, Fried eggs with some white pepper and cumin is the way to go

>salmonella
Has been cleaned up for a long time in Europe. Where are you, India?

The heat was too high, I'm not sure how you were unable to work that out logically lol. You also probably used too much oil based on the other thing you said, if you have a teflon pan you really just need the cooking surface lightly coated. Put a drip of oil in the middle, let it heat up and then spread it around with your spatula. Sunflower oil won't add any flavor, olive oil or butter will be better. Also if you don't like runny yolks don't make them sunny side up, flip them halfway through.

No it wasn't, keep track of the news.
efsa.europa.eu/en/press/news/170307

I like mine pretty well done on the outside but with a little bit runny on the inside. topped with salt, pepper, worchestershire sauce and ketchup. some bacon with ketchup. and some mushrooms with bbq sauce

YOU TRICKED US
it's like all the shopped modelling pictures
you're trying to make eggs look different from what they really are
this shallow consumerist mindset has got to stop
let eggs be eggs

thanks mr skeltal

You need to eat more.

Well it is where I live, paki boy

Why is it so hard to flip eggs? None of the pans I have have lids, so if I want them cooked right I have to flip the eggs but it's so hard to do unless I only have one egg in the pan, allowing me to spin it around spastically to create motion and easily get the spatular under it

If there's two eggs in the pan, I can never get the leverage and torque I need to get it under the yolk

Sorry your yuro education teaches you to be content with mediocre results instead of risking failure in search of greatness. This is why the United States of America has the best and most bizarre egg and corn techniques while yuropoor meals look like the establishing shot of a low budget cooking show.

Too high heat causing the eggs to stick to the pan maybe?

Use a bowl or plate

Jaysus you people will argue about anything. Anyway, it's coddled.

kek

>french style fried egg
isn't that just a regular fried egg

>As someone who has never had fried eggs before
are you an alien?

>VERY common
nah, your mom just can't cook, and neither do you

Of course not.

the cheapest ones you can get where the chickens are fed a mix of corn husks and feces

they smell absolutely vile. cage free organic eggs are odorless. it doesn't matter since they both taste the same after cooking though.

>As someone who has never had fried eggs before,
A thread died for this faggot to post his shitty lies.

do broil them

I like frying eggs by using a bit more oil and pouring it over the egg to fry both sides at once.

Is there anything I can do to stop the oil from bubbling and popping? I'm not going to die from it but it's annoying as hell

"click here to find out this zany way to hack poached eggs"

wait, you broil uncooked eggs in their shell?

looks like a perfect egg to me. my father always baked them crispy with a soft top and thats how i do them now.

turn your fire down, they're just eggs, you're not deep frying shit. it'll take a little longer to get to the doneness you like but you won't end up with that rubbery/crispy edge that occurs when you use too much heat.

I like a bit of crispiness(the way my grandma used to make) but I'll try that.

>we have to have a thread on Veeky Forums about how to fry an egg

Do you use a bain marie too?

don't cookshame user

If your yolks are liquid you're a fucking animal

well then just call me tiger

>really want to make croquettes for dinner tonight
>ate the last 4 eggs for lunch
Fuck :'(

I eat eggs a couple of ways:
>scrambled
>crack 2-3 eggs into a bowl, whip a little (don't overdo it, I like the eggs to have a spotty appearance
>melt a teaspoon of butter in a frying pan over medium high heat
>dump eggs into pan
>immediately sprinkle cheddar cheese into eggs before they congeal
>add fresh parsley and fried mushrooms (prep beforehand) immediately after cheese
>mix ingredients with spatula until everything's distributed
>let eggs sit and cook for a minute, then flip over and let the other side congeal
>remove from pan as soon as the eggs are no longer runny, don't overcook them
>eat with buttered toast

Other way
>fried over medium
>crack eggs directly into buttered pan
>let cook until whites are congealed about 50% up through the egg
>flip, cook on the other side for less time
>press yolk with spatula until it feels like about 50% of the yolk is hardened (it won't actually be that hardened, the white hardens around the yolk)
>remove, eat with toast (on toast is better)
>stab yolks with fork so that the yolk runs through the bottom of the egg and soaks the bread below

they look sunny side to me

gotta start somewhere