/cawfee/

Coffee thread now!

What coffee related memes have you fallen for this week?
I bought a manual burr grinder and spent a whole week doing it by hand.
Coffee started feeling like a chore so I went back to my cheapo $10 blade grinder.
The coffee tasted pretty much the same.
I don't even make espresso, why what do I need autistic grind consistency for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w_hcNPzmYBk
google.co.jp/search?q=コーヒーロースト
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pourover. i keep getting a dirty, sediment-y cup, it makes me fucking grimace to see it being poured in a regular mug. so i just use my travel mug until i figure out why i fucking suck at this.

How?
Paper filters are supposed to keep sediment out.

i've got an old braun grinder that works like a champ most days, i grind for pourover medium-coarse. it could be i'm using a mesh filter? but even when i doublefilter with a paper one, i still get this shitty diarrhea sediment on the bottom of my cup. i'm shuddering thinking about it all just sitting in my fucking gut.

mesh as in... metal?
just use a paper one
i doubt you're grinding so fine as to get past the filter
I only ever got sediments with my blade grinder back when I used a french press.

it's not the grounds themselves, i don't know what else to call it. i hate it, i hate looking at it and putting it in my body.

you sound like you have emotional problems

well, yeAH.

Who /decaf/ here

why would you do that?

decaf is like drinking non-alcoholic beer or eating vegan simulated meat products

>buy wholesale green beans from import supplier
>country of origin? who cares just make it up
>how old? lmao who cares
>mold?? that'll come right off
>just buy a used $3000 industrial roaster and get to work
>roast to the second crack (dark roast) in order to cover up the shit quality of your beans
>make up the tasting notes and claim it tastes like chocolate and citrus and wine (all coffee tastes like this)
>you don't even have to practice
>just sell your trial and error shit as your first batch
>come up with a catchy brand and sleek packaging

that shit sells itself
Why haven't you become a microroaster selling expensive bags of "artisan" coffee for $20 a pound to retarded hipster cunts?

Anyone here use any madebyknock grinders?
I have a Hario Mini Mill that I a got a little bit ago and did that mod for better grind consistency where you wrap the tape around the rod. The tape has since fallen off and I'm noticing how bad the stock consistency really is.

I was looking at a Baratza Encore but then I found out about these madebyknock hand grinders, being told that they have much better consistency at the same pricepoint albeit being hand operated, which I don't really mind.

good thing nobody who isn't a retard buys dark roasts

First of all this Second of all, you're using a shitty blade grinder which produces a lot of dust. Unless you change your grinder or get better filters like the Hario V60 ones you won't see any difference.

How much money do you have to spend and which part of the world do you live in?

that's an awfully hot coffee pot

I'll post here later, I haven't had my coffee yet

Hotplate Moka here, should the coffee in the top of my pot be boiling? When I open it theres still water in the bottom but the rop is boiling.

>burr grinder

same here. i didnt notice a difference

to summarize for those who dont know, an electric grinder will:
1. be very cheap
2. cause an uneven grind, which could alter the taste of the coffee.
3. the blades can heat up, causing the coffee beans to change taste, possibly burn.

a burr grinder will:
1. electric: very expensive
2. manual: cheap, but takes way too much effort for a single cup of coffee. forget making more than 1 cup at a time if you have guests.
3. even grinds,
4. far less heat generated

ive used both electric & burr. i prefer the electric grind due to simplicity and speed and notice literally NO difference when brewing the same type of coffee.

just make sure to pulse the grind with the electric. if you dont pulse and just hold down the button for 20 secs, the grind will be WAY varied and the coffee will taste like water.

this vid shows a basic pulse grind.

youtube.com/watch?v=w_hcNPzmYBk

I just hold it down for 15 seconds until the grinds vortex starts slowing down.
I get mostly a decent consistency this way.

Americano > Cappuccino >>> Mocha

Don't forget to descale your kettle!
I squeeze a whole lemon and add water and swirl it around for a bit and then boil it with the lemon water.

Id prefer to only spend around $100, I'm in America.

I started adding a pinch of salt to my Cafe Bustelo/Chock Full 'O Nuts blend and it's really cut down on the bitterness. I was surprised but I would actually recommend it.

Nothing like that first cup of cawf in the morning!

I live in Japan now, and idk what coffee to buy. Help please.

google.co.jp/search?q=コーヒーロースト