Are copper skillets really worth it? I'm seriously thinking about getting one...

Are copper skillets really worth it? I'm seriously thinking about getting one. I don't want to have to grease a pan just to make eggs.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_toxicity
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Copper is a luxury thing, it looks nice and is a great heat transfer but expensive. Also isn't straight copper poisonous when cooking food with it? I thought it should be restricted to just the outer wall.

Eventually you wouldn't really need one.

>he thinks copper is nonstick

That's brass. Don't smoke weed out of brass plumbing pieces

Why wouldn't you want to grease the pan anyway? Butter is delicious.

>>he thinks copper is nonstick

the skillets sold at my local fry's claim to have a nonstick coating too

laziness, I don't have a dishwasher so I have to clean everything by hand

He's right about copper, actually
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_toxicity

You don't need a copper skillet
You just need a dish wand

are nonstick pans in general worth it?

No, unless you're too lazy to use oil and clean a pan when you're finished.

You won't develop the same kind of crust/texture with a nonstick that you would with a standard pan.

It takes like 10 seconds to clean a teflon or ceramic pan though

No.

why not?

Copper has nothing to do with nonstick.

Most actual copper cookware is tin lined or stainless steel lined. Super high end stuff might be silver lined.

Copper is about it's thermal conductivity. It provides very quick response to temperature changes so if you turn down the heat your pan will very quickly cool as well, same if you turn the heat up very high, it will very very quickly heat up evenly.

Food will stick like any other stainless steel pan.

1. That isn't copper, that's some garbage with a copper-colored coating
2. The conductive material of the pan has nothing to do with its stick properties

If you want an egg pan pick up a teflon pan from a restaurant supply. Eagleware is good bang for buck

I doubt you can afford copper, no offense

"copper"

If you're too lazy to wash a pan, you're going to fuck up a nonstick pan in about 2 weeks. They're single-purpose pans, I use mine about twice a month. You treat them nice and they'll last you a few years. You treat them like shit and they'll respond in kind. Btw, every few years is for a home user. That's why you don't spend much. $30-40 will do the trick

Almost everything I do other than eggs is on stainless-lined pans, either aluminum or copper, depending on which pan it is (I've got a variety of both). Those pans you can spend real money on because they'll last practically forever

Get less lazy or cooking is going to be very expensive for you

The nonstick coating doesn't last long on this, then it just becomes a regular pan

Buy a tfal anodized aluminum pan

GF has a set and they heat up slow as fuck on an electric stove. They also have curved sides and another curve at the top so less flat space and spill prevention than a regular nonstick pan.

I bought a $20 copper skillet and it lasted like 8 months before I couldn't fully clean it. Definitely don't go cheap like I did.

I have the very pan in your pic, you still need to grease your eggs

If you don't, it will stick to the pan. It works as a pan but the shit they show you in infomercials is bullshit, it is literally just a pan like any other.

Just by all-clad and stop being a faggot