Anyone feel like they don't know what to eat anymore?

Food nowadays either seems so expensive or not worth the money you pay for the protein you're receiving.
And few of the cheap foods I know of seem worth eating, or actually taste good.
I put aside two large pepperoni pizza last night and while the pizza would be considered good by general standards, it didn't particularly taste great to me and I didn't particularly enjoy eating it.
I'm wandering the aisles of the convenience store and feeling like none of it appeals to me. Even the snack aisles seem to have nothing for me.

tl;dr recommend me some great foods and snacks to eat.

Food is cheaper now than anytime in history and you xir are depressed

Where do you live? I don't need a town just a general area.

Toronto.
In the states maybe. Portion sizes there are disgusting compared to what you have to pay.
Over here a decent meal would be over $20 USD.

I go to Toronto every year on business and I go to this restaurant called "Local" and get the fish and chips with a few beers (pretty good selection). Everything I've had from there is good.

I feel you man

It costs about $400/month to feed two (my sister and I)

Its not like we're eating delicacies; I use cheap cuts of meat, buy in bulk and freeze, make everything from scratch, but it still ends up being pretty expensive.

And it only ever gets more expensive, food prices are just continually increasing.

That's an impressively low number...
Is that USD and where do you live?
I think I'm easily spending over twice what you're spending per month, but it's because I'm a poor and lazy cook.

I live in the west end of Toronto.

I don't have a car, so I have to lug a big bag of groceries to and from the store on foot at least once a week, usually more.

That's seriously an impressive food budget.
Do you just get your meats from the regular supermarkets?
I don't have a car either.

Yeah, the closest one nearby (Loblaws) which is middle of the road in terms of price and quality.

Occasionally if I have free time, I'll take a bus down to the cheaper store, but it takes about 2hrs all-in to go there, shop and get back.

are you talking queen st. loblaws?

No, the one in the middle of Etobicoke

You spend nearly thirty bucks on food a day? I'm British so I gotta convert, but I can easily live on what is roughly 7 bucks a day for just food budget. Could push 4/5 bucks a day if I was in tactical money save mode, that's eating healthy too.

$26.67 is not nearly thirty bucks a day...although I agree it is too much.

I get by (overeat) on about $12 a day, so ~$360 a month....That $400/mo is nice for two people

I don't know what I like anymore so I just buy the cheapest and blandest shit enough to keep me alive.

If I'm feeling kinda bleh, I just go back to basics until I'm feeling better
Soups
Stirfry
Sandwiches
Oats
Etc.

No, 400/30 = 13.33. The original guy was cooking for two.
But on average I'm closer to $18-20 a day unless I skip meals (this is from eating out).
One small box containing two chicken tenders and vegetables costs almost $10 CAD (from the closest supermarket here in Toronto).

I get free food through work and eat nothing on weekends.
If I didn't I'd just eat rice and beans with cheap veggies and spices.

i am spending 100 euro on food every month n the netherlands. just have a large freezer

i buy 10 kg of chicken quarter legs for 13 euro. giant bags of rice and frozen green peas in bulk. with spices i can make dozen different meals. (debone the thighs and i have dark meat to work with) anyway if that was all i bought i would be at 50 euro a month. so the other 50 euro i buy some different stuff to cook with. or buy minced beef in bulk for 3,50 a kg

Eat seasonal and try to make the most of cheap cuts.

aldi

>eating fast food
>buying food from convenience stores
>BAWW WHY IS ALL FOOD SO BAD NOW
Go to a fresh produce market and cook yourself a proper meal

You eat 2 pepperoni pizzas and call americas portion sizes large?

I get two free meals a week at my work. I have to come up with shit to eat all the other times and it's really hard to not just go out to eat because of my work location.

I eat mostly ramen when I give up on food. And shitty chef boyarde ravioli.