Can one be held legally responsible?

As a service tech I see many kitchens. Recently I came across the filthiest kitchen I have encountered in 15 years of service. It is an upscale assisted living facility for the elderly and re-hab patients. Can the individuals working in the kitchen that refuse to clean be held legally responsible if they expose 200 people to foodborne illness?

Dude, you're asking the wrong place. Even reddit or avvo would have a better answer for you than mcchicken posters. Maybe try

Obviously it's going to depend on the laws in your country/state/city/etc; but in most places this could be criminal negligence, which is a crime.

Anyway, has a point. Asking us doesn't help anything. Call your local health department or whatever the equivalent is in your country/state. There is always some government entity whose job it is to inspect and oversee restaurants.

They have protection by crooked DHEC inspectors.

If you suspect that then call a different authority, like the police, and explain your concerns of bribery. Or better yet: take pics, leak it to the media and let it get handled by the court of public opinion and online SJW's.

Hmm Lets see. DHEC official bribed to keep letter grade of the kitchen and dining area at an A. 1/2inch grease on the walls. floors, and the staff leaves food on the floor each night. The Staff cries out they aren't paid enough to clean, just run their machines. All black,2 hispanic staff with 3 shift managers. Do you think law enforcement would listen when everyone else just takes the bribes?

>As a service tech

I'm a nigger with zero skills or abilities, but I'm too good for this job. I'd rather collect my Obama welfare checks & live the ghetto fab life.

t.entitled.American

Yes negligence is against the law when it harms others

That is not OK. Kitchen staff should clean more than anything they do. It is not hard to scrub a floor with a brush. How can one not care if they may spread contaminated food from filth to low imune elderly? Maybe the true question is...... How many people have died at the facility due to being weakened by food-borne illness?

Leak it to the families that have rwlatives there. Not all will be outraged (a lot of folks stick their parents in those assisted living homes specifically because they don't care), but at least some will be, and if it's upscale, they might have the money and connections to make it blow up or hit the media. Recently some family secretly put up recording equipment in their dad's room, and the facility got in a ton of hot water when the cameras showed staff lied about helping him when he was dying.

Hell, you could try a prosecutor looking to move up the ranks. Cracking down on a shitty assisted living home and exposing crooked DHEC could potentially be a big boon for their career.

Should it just fall upon the facility, and the management? Should the staff not have to shoulder any responsibility? I would hope their kitchens at home do not look the way of their workspace.

Just call in and report the place to the health department. Liability occurs when deaths are traced back to foodborne parthenogens.

Take pictures and then mail them to the press citing suspected bribery.

Yes you idiot. Call the BBB and local health inspector and inform them of what you've seen.

Dumbass, the BBB takes bribes to give you a positive rating... they are a private for profit company... they don't give a fuck. Stupid as a Gump.

>implying that a company will be willing to give out a bribe to cover a disgusting kitchen and incompetent worker
Are you a retard?

you should become a vigilante and go out by night. clean this town one kitchen at a time.

The richest most powerful people run this place. I am playing with fire. their main goal to acquire all assets of the residents that stay there. In my town DHEC is worthless. Law enforcement will protect them and I may wind up in jail for whatever they can plant on me.

Take pictures and post them online revealing them.

also
>the richest and most porewful people run this place
It's a fucking retirement home you dupe...

Privately owned, and most people do not fuck with the group that owns it. They own most of the county I live in. In the South you should know the good ole boy system can be beneficial or it can be dangerous.

Then take pictures and expose them. If you already know you have no options here why the fuck did you even ask.

DESU I am not sure why I even asked, but I haven't been able to sleep since walking in there. They know I took pictures as I quoted some equipment repairs.

obviously you have to blackmail them.

Or just tell them they seriously need to clean their shit or they're going to have a fucking plague outbreak.

I am not looking to commit a criminal act or endanger my families well being to help those residents. It does not bother me to watch a teenager working at McDonalds drop pubic hair in your food as you can choose to go somewhere else. These residents have no choice other than starve. My parents will never see the inside of one of these places if I can help it. I will just pay for in home care.

Who do you usually report this stuff to?

>or endanger my families well being to help those residents.
nigga they're not the mafia

I generally keep my mouth shut. I like to grow my business. I just hate seeing old people done this way.

I would wait a month or so and gather names of some of the residents and then send pics anonymously to the family members

>Leak it to the families
this is a good idea, they will have more clout when they complain since its their money paying for this hovel

You need to go in and shoot the place up. When the public find out how disgusting it was, they will let you off and you will be a hero.

>recently
2 years ago, you mean?