Thanksgiving Thursday

Anyone have any good Thanksgiving meal recipes and appetizer recipes?

Other urls found in this thread:

fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-ultimate-thanksgiving-dinner-menu/
youtube.com/watch?v=coYqrXsDPdU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can make some extra rolls ahead of time and have people make little sandwiches with them. Green stuff, cranberry sauce, and saucy meat all make good appetizer sandwiches.

>TG is in 4 days
>No sticky
>Only 2 threads about it
The state of Veeky Forums

salads. bitches luv salads. make some ranch, basic vinaigrette, thousand island, etc.

>Snacks
Peppermint bark
Snicker-doodles
Mini apple tarts
Meat and cheese board
Someone will probably bring chips & dip.

>Appetizer
Waldorf salad
Corn chowder

>Meal
Yeast rolls
Cornbread stuffing
Cornish hens
Mashed Potatoes
Chef John's green bean casserole
Roast carrots
Cranberry sauce

>Dessert
Pecan pie
Sweet potato pie
Ice cream

That's the plan but I'm sure 1-2 people will show up without their assigned dish. Probably gonna end up making a trip to Walmart I'm sure.

It's basic, traditional shit. Unless you want to "SPICE UP THANKSGIVING" there isn't much to talk about. You can only discuss
>turkey; sage; rosemary; thyme
so much dude. I mean I guess if it's your first time making or hosting a thanksgiving that's warranted.

Sounds lovely, user.

I am making Duck L'orange with roast root veggies, plus your typical Thanksgiving sides. Duck has become a tradition since we don't have that many to feed anymore. It's funny how we used to do these huge thanksgiving feasts, then people got married and started going elsewhere. We host every year now, and will be kinda small until the kids grow up I guess.

Everything you said is true, but it's gotta be Veeky Forums's top comfy holiday in terms of preparing, presentation, SPICED UP recipes, and whatnot. It is surprsing there's not more discussion about it

tfw you have a quarry to settle

I learned to cook for two years and have been excited to do the turkey and the helm this year.

My family decided to travel five hours to the side of our family who never visits us and is vegan so Im not fucking going. Ill eat alone.

people would rather be assholes these days than have any images or discussion on and image board. /b/ and /pol/ are leaking into Veeky Forums too much lately.

I decided to de-bone a whole turkey, put a bunch of herbs, garlic and butter inside, roll it, tie it, then smoke it

Also:
Ham
Green bean casserole with bacon
Stuffing with sausage, apple, cherries and pecans
Cranberry sauce
Mashed potatoes
Sweet corn with butter and roasted garlic
Crescent rolls
Lots of gravy

There will also be a pumpkin chiffon pie and a strawberry cherry pie

I can feel myself getting fat already just thinking about it.

Has anyone heard of taking the back bone out of the turkey to let it cook more evenly so it can be juicier and tastier?

I did from a famous chef. Try it

thats drawing and quartering. It's a great way to do a bird.

Ovened Hotbirds
Jelly Bints
Melty Hamlins
Swamp Pie
Wheat Flaps
Crisp Longies
Turkey Cream
Potato Fudge
Cheddar Gibs
Sponged Spice

Are refrigerated or homemade pie crusts worth it compared to the dry premade pie crusts?

I bought three turkeys this year and was planning on spatchcocking one.

Thanksgiving Food Ratings
fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-ultimate-thanksgiving-dinner-menu/

Utter nonsense.
Drawing = same thing as gutting. It means to remove the entrails.
Quartering = cut into 4 pieces.

Cutting out the backbone of poultry and flattening it is called spatchcocking. It doesn't make anything juicier or taste better, but it does change the shape of the bird so it cooks faster and more evenly.

Spatchcocking does change the flavor in that it increases the surface area to absorb smoke or flavor from the rub....

It's an excellent way to do Turkey or any fowl for that matter...

My plan is to spatchcock, gonna save the turkey backbone for soup too.

Do y'all recommend brining when I'm going to spatchcock and put it in the oven?

Any recipes for brines and rubs? Should I do both?

Got a turkey smoked by my favorite BBQ place, gonna pick it up thanksgiving day.

In the meantime, I'm trying to find a decent mac n cheese recipe because someone else normally cooks it, but I'm having absolutely no luck finding anything interesting.

You made the right choice

I am going to make Chef John's mac and cheese but I think i will add jalapenos to spice it up. my family has like 20 people over every year.

youtube.com/watch?v=coYqrXsDPdU

I'd recommend bringing, yes. While I'm partial to your basic thyme-sage-rosemary-salt mix, we also use a bit of olive oil between the skin and meat. We cook ours whole though, so you might be okay with just brining.