What is the most poor meal you've ever eaten/cooked?

Dumpstered pantera bread bowl and some cambell's soup.

rice.

butter

I'm going for a chicken breast, elbow noodles, chicken broth, bullion and a carrot today it seems. This is bad by no means but the cost is $3 for probably 6 days of food.

The worst I can remember was getting ripped and thinking it was a good idea to put ranch dressing plain on doritos.
Go to poor food has to be straight grilled cheeses and tomato soup, can't beat this shit.

>pantera bread

lmao did it come in a dimebag

>cheese
>for poor people

It might be an inexpensive meal but as long as it has a fancy name you are eating a 3 star meal.

Slow roasted pork over hand made pasta tossed in a creamy aged cheddar sauce with a roasted arbol coulis

I tried to make rice once with a bit of cinnamon and sugar because that's all I had and it ended up being overcooked and I had to throw it away because it was so disgusting.

Ah ha I see what you did there nice one my dude

As a kid i used to always eat raw spam in a home made flour tortilla or a hot dog in a corn one. Those were some comfy times user.

Cheeseburger Ramen

It was strangely delicious as it was utterly disgusting

He probably means Kraft singles dude. Eating legit cheese at home is not common place in America

Sort of is my man, deli cheese is $6/lb which is about 15-16 slices, so there's that, but poor people cheese is always an option.
We have half pound bricks of Amish cheese for $2.50 here so I have not a lot of trouble throwing 5 bucks or so at 15 grilled cheeses, a dollar per meal I guess. It's more laziness vs calories for me, you can crank out grilled cheeses pretty damn fast.

>Kraft singles
>$5.50, 12oz
>$8.25/lb

>Brick cheese
>$5/lb

>Deli cheese
>$6/lb

Hey sorry dude but that's nowhere near close. Even Velveeta is about $10-12 a pound.

>ITT: Anglo lower middle-class losers mistake cheap, over processed trash for "poor food"
Real poor people eat beans, rice, grain, vegetables, and fish. You people aren't poor, you're just Americans.

But Kraft Singles are expensive too. At least in Leaf Land they are.

Do I follow u on twitter?

Clean your fucking kitchen you animal.

crackers with ketchup. for two days.

post your kitchen queer

A piece of wheat bread holding a baked potato as if it were a hotdog.

Process slice of ham wrapped around a kraft single, microwaved and eaten with mustard.

boiled rice

A turbo sandwich. A layer of bread between 2 layers of bread.

>Rocksalt and popcorn
How has the sodium not killed you yet?

ice in mixer with lemonade plus popcorn

>Peanut butter and jelly made with store-brand ingredients
>el cheapo tortilla chips
>Pabst Blue Ribbon to wash it down
Nothing really says “rent nearly cleaned me out this month” like that meal to me.

Tortilla cooked in oven with ketchup as "pizza"

tortilla and honey
oats and peanut butter

We can't all eat mommy's hot pockets

WELL I GUESS YOU TOOK MY SOUP, AND GAVE IT ALL AWAAYYYY!

Your mums hairy moot lol

Sup dinotendies

The big heaping bowl of hot water I had for the one meal I ate yesterday.

My go-to when I'm broke is store brand pasta with salt and pepper. Sometimes I'll splurge and throw butter or olive oil in so I'm less likely to choke and die from dense dry noodles.

What a way to go that would be

ramen with cut up hot dogs

Congratulations, you invented ghetto rice pudding.

Lentil kroutbierock

Filling = fry a bunch of white onion and garlic, add in lentils or ground beef, then a shitload of shredded cabbage and cook it down

Dough = flour, sugar, salt, milk, water, yeast

Put filling into dough pockets and bake

This is more of a legit poverty food in that my Volga German great grandma immigrated from Russia after the 1917 revolution and would make a lot of these for her kids, and my grandma/mom/aunts would all get together a couple times a year to make big batches and bring them home to keep in the freezer for when money was too tight to buy new food.

The scrapings off a jar of peanut butter on a stale tortilla

Would eat
Although Russian poverty is no joke

I eat ramen noodles with egg, ranch dressing and hot sauce every day of my life.

3 packages of ramen, a cup of ranch, a half cup of hot sauce, and 5 eggs. All microwaved together. Feeds for me the whole day.

The funny thing is that these are actually really good (especially if you have mustard), but are nonetheless ridiculously cheap and probably cheaper than most of the 'poor' food that gets posted here. Like each bierock is probably ~700 calories but costs about $0.25. White onion, lentils, garlic, cabbage, flour, sugar, all extremely cheap. The most expensive thing in them is probably the milk.

Sounds great, I'd totally eat that with pleasure.

That's the difference between poor people and a poor culture.

The average poor person won't try to improvise too much and just buys whatever's cheap and easy and cooks that. Which is why you see so many poor people eating junk food and instant noodles and other garbage like that.

But when poverty is so widespread that it becomes part of your culture, people are going to find out what's good and cheap and that gets popular sooner or later, so you end up with much better and more efficient dishes. A lot of dishes from poor countries are good and cheap, though not all of them may be appropriate for us Westerners since some "exotic" ingredients might be hard to get over here.

I would argue that a person who eats "junk food" isn't really poor, they're just stupid. Most junk food is horrible value for money. If someone can afford to buy fast food, box mixes, instant "heat and eat" sort of stuff then they are far from actually poor, they're just lazy.

>That's the difference between poor people and a poor culture.

Yeah, that makes sense. See also: vegetarian food made by Westerners vs actual Indian food or other vegetarian food made by religious requirements during fasting periods. Lenten orthodox foods, for example.

>though not all of them may be appropriate for us Westerners since some "exotic" ingredients might be hard to get over here.

There's actually quite a lot of Volga German immigrants (at this point, more their descendents) in the midwest and inland northwest. Things like bierocks were great because they were made with stuff relatively easy to find, and could be eaten with one hand and packed with little fuss by factory or farm workers.

A can of $0.68 chili and a cup of cooked white rice.

OBSESSED