What grocery or department store smells like this when you first walk in...

What grocery or department store smells like this when you first walk in? I am thinking back to my childhood and I can't remember

The ones that made popcorn. Out of the entire world, out of every store in the entire world, you're asking us which one you've been to without telling us anything. You people are so monstrously stupid.

A lot of grocery stores make popcorn, dipshit. We can't tell you anything about your vague fucking memories. Go fuck yourself.

Target

target

target
oh shit i just saw all the other posts saying target

Farm supply stores.

Besides Target, some K-Marts also did. The ones that had a generic snack stand-type dining area instead of based Little Caesars.

Surprised nobody has said the movie theatres, but then again, in America the only scent there is the smell of gunpowder.

>walk into walmart
>that wonderful smell that only subway can generate
I dont care for subway but that smell is oddly inticing.

i ate a subway in my machine at work and now it stinks like it

i'll probably not eat subway again until i get a new machine

hmmm.. i think it was in the mall. they sold colored popcorn balls. the fuck was that store?

Hills.

Since no one has said it,

Target

you hurt yourself stretching that far?

Ace Hardware always has that popcorn machine with free popcorn in it. It is to advertise it because you can rent it out from the store usually. Nice little gimmick to attract customers in.

My hometown subway used to be in a gas station before we got a Walmart supercenter (eastern KY). It always smelled amazing

Then the subway moved into the Walmart for contractual reasons I guess and he gas station got bought out by pajeets. It stunk like shit, their gas was shit and didn't burn right, and they closed a year later.

I miss when life was simple and that gas station was open

In Tesco, they used to put spicy bun mix, which I think was cinnamon based, into the air ducts.

fuck now i want one of those body pillow sized bags of popcorn

This. I worked at an Ace Hardware for years and customers were pissed when we were out between stock deliveries. Never heard of a store that rented theirs out, we sure as hell didn't.
To this day I still don't like popcorn.

Blockbuster.

A lot of banks seem to do it.

Some bars do it even if its a health code violation.

Karmelkorn?

the movie store and block buster dum dum op kek

this

these--its Target. And its like a sickly sweet smell, too.

Disturbing that I have to be the first one to post the correct response on these threads. It's Target

Gabes

You have to go back

Back in he day it was Kmart

They had the tall blue light flashing next to the Icee machine

Oh it totally slipped my mind at bars. There is a barcade I frequent that has a self serve popcorn machine. How it has not had anyone spill drinks in there in the years it has been open is beyond me but hey.

Same for me, it was Kmart.

>that popcorn smell when you’d walk
>the hope your parents would buy you a Icee
>the mystery of what cool cup you’d get

Damn. Now I want a Icee.

This is absolutely the correct answer. Target and K-Mart came to mind immediately.

k-mart

For my childhood, middle 1960's, the smell of popcorn will forever be Sears.

Dude Target desu

bullseye

Target and Kmart both typically had a mini food court thing right at the front entrance, I think that's since changed though, Kmart is going out of business and Target is trying to de-ghettoize itself, a couple of the targets in my area put a starbucks in where the greasy fried food place used to be.