I wanna try ethiopian food tomorrow, what should i get?

I wanna try ethiopian food tomorrow, what should i get?

nothing

Look like shit for varying stages of colon cancer.

lamb

Thinned out indian food

get some of the meat goop and some of the veggie goop

Doro wat. Lega tibs. I forget what is in these dishes but somehow I remember the names. Also anything veggie is awesome.

they need all the food they can get eat a different food

Why?

Get the slop on the flabby bread that you eat with your hands like a cave dweller.

We just got a bit of everything and all shared when I tried this. Would recommend. Tastes pretty good.

authentic

bread is crap.

Misir wot and fitfit

tastes good, no idea what the names of the dishes are but i didnt really care for the pancake bread shit.
The beef and lamb stews are really really good tho.

The bread is just an edible utensil; it's nothing more than a vehicle for eating the rest of it.

atakilt wot

fly soup and mud cookies
thats about it

any of the humanitarian MREs steve1989 reviewed looked pretty good

>I wanna try ethiopian food
so do they

Lmao.

kek

Every time I go to an Ethiopian restaurant I ask the server for a recommendation. I've found Ethiopian restaurants are the best at giving them, I suppose because they're relatively uncommon (unless you're in DC) so they kind of expect most people to be unfamiliar. I do recommend getting the honey wine to drink, that's always really good.

/pol/edditors are absolute cancer killing this website, but cringy fucks quoting 234832842394 posts as a responce are more or less on the same level, neck yourself

4th line

Could easily filter any post with 5 or more quotes, just losers fishing for negative attention.

FPBP

>if you insult my precious Ethiopian food, you should go back to /pol/!!

Kill you are self my dude

This explains a lot if it’s real.

Dirt cakes

I took my naive little liberal vegetarian friend to Mudai Ethiopean restaurant once where she swore she would love the food... lol

She ended up throwing up and making a scene at the restaurant. lol Fucking embarrassing...

this

and this

You should have accused her stomach of being racist and watch her cry even more. lol

it's just weird paste foods, everything is oddly spiced and there is a 100% chance the restaurant you pick will either be run by actual filthy ethiopians who never wash their hands or hipster faggots who will just serve you vegan shit

lamb tibs. trust me on this one.

This.

The meat is very tasty, so are the vegetable dishes, as well as the lentils. So best to have a little bit of everything, especially if eating with a group.

As for the flatbread (Injera) I think its ok, it is very sourdoughy, but some of my friends swear by it and buy some to take home; at the very least it's good with the other food.

You'll probably like it or at least most of it, but you are definitely doing the right thing by trying it.

It might look like that, but it probably prevents colon cancer.

>high fiber
>Probiotic bread
>Spices that stimulate digestion

gored gored

Don't forget to wash down with some honey wine.

that looks like poo

>What would you like to order, sir?
>Doro wat
>Wat?
>Yes, doro wat
>You want wat?
>DORO WAT

Immodium

a long ass wait, if it's like most ethiopian places

TIBS
I
B
S

WOT
O
T

DORO
O
R
O

WOT
O
T

ALICHA
L
I
C
H
A

WOT
O
T

Basically get everything with wot in it and some tikil gomen (cabbage) and some misir (lentil) on the side with plenty of injera (sour crepe) to scoop them with.

This is exactly those dishes on a platter.

I'll also recommend doro wot. If you get it at the right place it'll change your damn life.

Nigga Ethiopian food is fucking DELICIOUS
Find a place that has a buffet desu so you can find out which goop you like the best

you usually get injira (sour-ish pancake thing) and just eat it with the different curry-things

There aren't any cheap Ethiopian places near me otherwise I'd go regularly. Also some Ethiopian restos will have fresh coffee, its usually quite good.

Fleshlight full of macaroons.

>Ethiopia
...They have food?

That's the joke

Kitfo with a glass of Axumit.

This, Ethiopian coffee is usually really good. Can recommend

I am surprised so many people on this board have eaten Ethiopian before.
I thought you guys only ate McChickens.

People have made this joke for the last twenty years straight. It was funny in the 80's and on south park, now it's just fucking tiring.

Oh, another good thing is kitfo ayibe. This is the steak tartar with mitmita and spiced butter, and it's mixed with a cheese that's similar to cottage cheese. I like these raw beef dishes, and they go good with the Axumit that I mentioned before. Chicken and vegetarian dishes go well with the honey wine, which is called tej. The honey wine isn't too different from European honey wines. The Axumit is kind of a sweet red wine with a thick mouth feel. The taste is somewhere between Manaschewitz and a Shiraz. Good stuff.

lol what a chode but yeah kitfo is good if raw meat is your thing.

Most places will cook it for you if you're a pansy.

Malaria

don't be selfish, they need it more than you!

Red shit, brown shit, black shit, and a little bit of yellow shit all on some tortillas. Mmmm

aids

Try the Em'ggombak and Ajemplukko. Literally the best of ethiopian cuisine

Its all pretty good m8. Last time I went to one I had chicken tibs and lamb wot before that. Don't be a faggot though, get that shit spicy

I only know the bread tastes very weird.

I used to live in D.C. Whenever anyone came to town, it was a novelty to go to one yet again. So, my advice?
Go ahead and try it user. Take friends so you can order more off the menu. Have a bit of everything for a balanced dinner that has you sampling the various flavors. Get the coffee! You can then say been there, done that, and then never have to eat it again.

My opinion?
It's wanna be indian food, like if someone wanted that pulsed up mush kind of dal consistency as gravy, but had no idea the right spices, and dumped the wrong things into each dish as a kind of joke. I do not find their spice profiles complimentary nor crave-able in any way. It feels like someone tried to ruin nice produce by covering up the flavors with sugar. Then, they add hard boiled eggs to the final slurry. The spongy injera bread is just their answer to not being able to have normal flour. It's gummy, sticky, and the texture is like an undercooked blini pancake with the flavor of poi (for those who have been to Hawaii).

The one that looks like poop

kek

Silly OP, ethiopians don't have food.

Looks like sloppy shit on flat trash bread

This is sad.
>ewww it looks icky

user people who grew up in the first world don't like eating things that look like feces

>but murdha hoppa binchurmunschjg is so good!

save it for someone who wipes with their hand

That sounds fucking terrible. Why would you willingly eat something that is the main part of the meal and still considered a 'edible utensil' to wave off naysayers.

make sure to bring your own knife and fork, they don't have any

What an idiotic complaint though. You're complaining about food being mushy and brown. That's so incredibly childish.

A bullet.

whats the problem here, just looks like deconstructed mexican...

I wonder how these people feel about chili.
>"Yeah, it looks like shit, but it is AMERICAN so it is okay!"