Vegan food thread

Vegan food thread

Needs anchovies, sardines, or chicken.

I eat meat here and there, but i think it's best for my stomach to give it a rest with a vegan meal.
>ibs
>blog posting
Here is a dish i just made off of ty's conscious cooking website.
Some mushroom "clam" chowder

Needs clams.

Without meat, i think it just needs more tamatoes/cherry/grape tomatoes and maybe purple olives instead.
Wonder what dressing you put on top.
Like a vinegrete or something

my goto dish is potato tofu curry. press and cube your tofu, saute in 3 Tbs olive oil for 5 mins. Add one diced white onion and continue to saute. When tofu is golden and onions translucent, add 2 Tbs yellow curry powder and saute until fragrant. Add cubed potatoes and stir till coated. Add 1 can coconut milk, and equal amount of veggie broth. Simmer until potatoes are soft and serve over rice.

This is a Vegan thread if you dont want to talk about vegan food get fuck out trolls

I love steak! Who else loves being vegan!

My dinner last night was fried chicken, my favorite vegan meal.

Has anyone got any vegan stories? Let me share mine.
>be me
>order a medium rare steak
>is my favorite vegan meal
>comes out
>green PLANT BASED GARNISH AND SPICES
>scream I can't EAT THIS I AM VEGAN
>throw it onto the ground
>run out of the restaurant and leave a 1 star review

Has anyone else been neglected by a restaurant because they are vegan? When they ask if I want a salad I get offended because I AM VEGAN AND ONLY EAT MEAT.

This is a shitposting thread if you dont want to shitpost about food get fuck out cu/ck/s.

Nice

Are you complimenting his gyno?

Is weed vegan lmao

fish- "Oh no!"

Sure is smoke it every day

Imagine being this much of a faggot

is this the /soyboygeneral/ thread?

Incidentally, these gyros I made were vegan.

Cultured soy milk 24 hours to make yogurt -> strained to make greek yogurt -> turned into tzatziki

For shawarma, used soy curls rehydrated in hot marinade then pan-fried with garlic and spices and basted in butter bean puree for juicyness (blanched butter beans pureed with lactic acid, canola oil, miso paste, as a butter substitute).

Put together shawarma soy curls with tzatziki, fried leeks, tomato, cucumber, in a pita.

When folded for eating

* butter beans pureed with lactic acid and soy-milk while simmering to achieve a very smooth consistency, before adding in oil and miso paste and salt and such.

looks good soyboy, I'd even give you a reach around to say thanks

looks good but all that soy would give me diarrhea

Why?

I literally eat shitloads of soy and gluten and I've never had a single problem.

>Vegan food thread

I really wish somebody told me that a heavy vegan diet leads to 40% higher colon cancer rates than meat eaters.

At least the meat industry will tell you that eating bacon every day is bad for you. Why does big Agra keep hiding the facts abou their pesticides and cancer risks?

> Long term vegetarian diet changes human DNA raising risk of cancer and heart disease
> By Sarah Knapton

Long term vegetarianism can lead to genetic mutations which raise the risk of heart disease and cancer, scientists have found.

Populations who have had a primarily vegetarian diet for generations were found to be far more likely to carry DNA which makes them susceptible to inflammation.

Scientists in the US believe that the mutation occured to make it easier for vegetarians to absorb essential fatty acids from plants.

But it has the knock-on effect of boosting the production of arachidonic acid, which is linked to inflammatory disease and cancer. When coupled with a diet high in vegetable oils - such as sunflower oil - the mutated gene quickly turns fatty acids into dangerous arachidonic acid.

The finding may help explain previous research which found vegetarian populations are nearly 40 per cent more likely to suffer colorectal cancer than meat eaters, a finding that has puzzled doctors because eating red meat is known to raise the risk.

>At least the meat industry will tell you that eating bacon every day is bad for you. Why does big Agra keep hiding the facts abou their pesticides and cancer risks?

> Monsanto
> Telling the truth about their food risks

Pick one

>The finding may help explain previous research which found vegetarian populations are nearly 40 per cent more likely to suffer colorectal cancer than meat eaters, a finding that has puzzled doctors because eating red meat is known to raise the risk.

“In such individuals, vegetable oils will be converted to the more pro-inflammatory arachidonic acid, increasing the risk for chronic inflammation that is implicated in the development of heart disease, and exacerbates cancer.

Except that study doesn't mean what you think it does.

You don't accrue genetic mutations boosting arachidonic acid at an *individual level* by going vegetarian. You accrue those changes at a population level over many generations of vegetarianism.

Additionally, this is a genetic adaptation to the vegetarianism in their *traditional diet*. Adding loads of high omega 6 vegetable oil a la Western diet, instead of sticking to the traditional vegetarian diet that they evolved around, is the problem for them.

>At least the meat industry will tell you that eating bacon every day is bad for you. Why does big Agra keep hiding the facts abou their pesticides and cancer risks?

You don't know Monsanto at all do you?

lol @ Monsanto shill desperately trying to convince people that pesticides are "healthy"

This image is completely true, but also justified. Animals are worse than us, we have the right to do what we want with them, and when aliens show up with technology we can't even comprehend, they have the right to wipe us off the face of the planet.

>they have the right to wipe us off the face of the planet.

lol @ dumbass liberal 'Mericans thinking aliens or animals give a shit about our aritrary "rights"

lol

liberal brainwashing at its best

How did you get there from what I said? I'm not talking about laws, I'm talking about morals. If aliens show up with god-like powers, it's perfectly acceptable for them to do as they wish, because they're the better beings.

This looks delicious my guy nice work

Oh look another brainwashed millennial

>Oh look another brainwashed millennial

ignorant redneck. Monsanto was being protested by your fucking mommy and daddy for the same exact shit long before those dirty hippies decided to make you.

Hello "Well Informed" Redneck Americans.

Here's a Fun Fact for the day:

Q: Can you guess who the head of the United States Food and Drug Administration is?

A: None other than the Ex CEO of Monsanto.

dumbfuck americans don't even understand what "conflict of interest" means.

Why are you still showing up in vegan threads pushing this article when it was already proven that the author misinterpreted the study she was citing?

Some other food I made a while ago - popcorn cauliflower

Another one - jackfruit ceviche

I simmered the jackfruit in a broth of white miso and wakame, then shredded and used in place of fish in a normal ceviche recipe

Some porkchop-style seitan I made

Different slice of the same roast

This one was a spiced, roasted cauliflower steak and roasted asparagus.

Bean chili and muffin-tin cornbread with vegan butter and battered/fried tomatillo

This is a green curry soup made with green lentils and yellow potato

Africans are vegan, right?

Some garlic bread I made with home-made vegan butter

>seitan
>satan
not a coincidence, vegans will bathe in lakes of fire for eternity.

Different style of seitan I made, more beefy

Retard.

Beef-rib style seitan I made

Pretty simple dinner, polenta with spiced lentils, red onion and cilantro

whatever floats your boat sinner, i'll be looking down at you from heaven as demons rip your skin off in shreds

For comparison, the sort of thing I ate before going vegan

Layer bacon and sometimes egg then shredded cheese, pour hot bacon grease over top to melt cheese.

No wonder my LDL was over 200

Is mayonnaise a gender?

Literally a bowl of cheese stick, shredded cheese, and pepperoni in the microwave

I feel my kidneys shriveling remembering this

There's a big hair in your tzatziki

looks amazing!

recipe please?

I don't have a particular recipe, but basically it was just a batter (flour, flax egg, salt, water) that I (well, my gf in this instance) dipped cauliflower chunks into, after dredging in a mix of soy milk and lactic acid (to approximate buttermilk) and flour. The pieces were fried in some oil, then topped with sweet & sour sauce and cilantro.

So I can put a piece of myself in you ;)

A few years ago I had a supervisor who was very obese before becoming vegan. He told me his favorite thing to do was
>get large pizza
>place bite-size chocolate snacks (snickers, milky way, reese's cups) on top of pizza
>re-bake it until melted
>dunk in garlic butter
I miss you, Phil.

Does anyone here cook with tempeh? Any advice?

>raw mushrooms on the salad

Its garbage

Why does Vegan food try to emulate meat-based dishes and plating? I know that it is good and blah, blah (The Cauliflower steak looks good) but why imitating when you can create? If you want these dishes and cuisine to be respected you have to be more than an imitation but your own thing
>PD: Eating highly processed slabs of mass is stupid AF, if you are going vegan you might as well avoid things you could not make by yourself

Hey im a gay vegen if i suck my boyfriends cock does that go against eating meat?

>Hey im a gay vegen
There's some other kind?!

is this vegan

Guys I want to make my own vegetarian (not necessarily vegan) sausages.
Is that even possible or would I need like a sausage making thing and some kind of vegetarian gut to put the stuff in?
Do I just use tofu or do I need something else

bls help, i tried those linda mccartney veggie sausages recently and they were amazing

The intellectual level of your average anti-omivore everybody

ebin
How about you give me a proper answer if you know better you twat?

post tits