I'd like my eggs over hard, sir

>I'd like my eggs over hard, sir
Do people really do this

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Excelsteel-Stainless-Non-Stick-Poacher/dp/B002CGSYBM/ref=sr_1_3
amazon.com/dp/B01LXBW1UI/ref=psdc_3737251_t3_B002CGSYBM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I haven’t found a single form of eggs that I like other than scrambled, and I’m pretty meh on those too.

>cropping a certain scene from a girls' cartoon featuring two overly disgusted girls to turn it into a reaction image to upload onto Veeky Forums and diss people who like their eggs differently
Do people really do this?

I bet you've never had soft boiled or poached. Pickled is also amazing.

Poaced I have not, but soft boiled I have. Mostly in the form of the tray of deviled eggs my family makes every Thanksgiving. The rank smell of boiling eggs literally forces me out of the kitchen.

You're fooling nobody, barneyfag

you know just because somebody orders their eggs hard cooked doesn't mean hard cooked is the only type of egg they can stand. why do americans have this tendency of picking a preference and refusing to tolerate anything else, it's like the whole country is a 300 million person sized autism hospice.

The OP pic is from Littlest Pet Shop, not ponies.

I like over medium

Same reason more than half of Europe's cuisine is fried. Preference.

Only plebs with no taste.
Over hard is never acceptable. Even in a breakfast sandwich, it's preferable to have over medium to over firm, but not hard, eggs, or a folded omelet. Over hard is over cooked.

>preference is the reason americans are autistic about preference
fascinating causal analysis

i fry or poach eggs hard to put in an egg and tomato sandwich because it's quicker than making hard boiled eggs. sometimes having a firm, grainy yolk is nice, especially when mayonnaise is involved.

I'm not falling for your multiculturalism, Merkel.

Deviled eggs aren't soft boiled. They're hard boiled eggs in which the yolk are mashed with a variety of seasonings, mustard, and mayonnaise or sour cream, and piped or spooned back into the whites. Soft boiled eggs are either eaten in an egg cup, or very gently peeled and eaten on toast or in soup or as part of a dish. You can't devil soft boiled eggs.

What would be worth buying on Amazon to into poached eggs?

>firm grainy yolk

Would a pan with metal cups be better like this:

amazon.com/Excelsteel-Stainless-Non-Stick-Poacher/dp/B002CGSYBM/ref=sr_1_3

or silicone egg cups:

amazon.com/dp/B01LXBW1UI/ref=psdc_3737251_t3_B002CGSYBM

?

yeah you can, it just wouldn't be very nice.

you don't need either.

You are wrong. You can devil soft boiled eggs. What you'd end up piping back into the whites would be a bit more runny though.

They are doing it wrong. You don't boil eggs. You boil the water, turn off the heat, add the room temperature eggs, cover and let sit for 12 minutes.

No stinking sulfur smell, perfectly cooked eggs.

I always order over medium because I've been served raw egg too many times.

Same channel though

And, the whites wouldn't be firm enough to hold. So no, you really can't
>unstable whites
>runny filing
NO.

See

you can make the whites firm enough on the outside to hold up if you start at a high boil and taper down the heat. i've done firm white plus liquid yolk a million times, it's how i do scotch eggs.

That still won't be useful for deviled eggs. Saying "you can, but it will suck", is the same as NO.

Also, those whites still wouldn't be firm enough to hold deviled egg filling, since it's denser and heavier than just the yolk.

It’s adtually probably lighter

>this triggers the American

I'm pretty shit at poaching eggs, I don't see why not.

12 minutes for soft boiled or hard?

you just need someone who's good at it to come over and show you. it really isn't hard. it would be a shame to buy something that costs you money, takes up your cupboard space, overcomplicates the process of making eggs and prevents you from making them confidently in another person's house when they don't have the same kit.

if you plan on poaching eggs, freshest is best. if you crack your egg open and the white is thick and doesn't run out all over the place, you've got a good poaching egg. this is equally true for fried eggs. it's not like your egg will be a disaster if it's not completely fresh, but it gets closer to that the older it is. the first thing to do is make an effort to buy fresh and keep it in your fridge.

if it's an older egg, you don't want to fuck around with it. don't do a whirlpool or any of that crap. just get into the habit of cracking it into a mug or shallow bowl, then gently lowering and tilting it into some boiling water. fuck the people who tell you your water should be barely simmering. when you cook at home you usually cook in a relatively shallow saucepan. they take less time to heat up and are less of a problem to clean and put away. if you're using a shallower saucepan, you need a relatively violent boil to lift the egg up from the bottom of the pot so it doesn't flatten out. slip it into boiling water, let it set up without touching it for about half a minute, then just turn the heat off and walk away. it will continue to cook off the heat, and you can test the egg by lifting it out and gently touching the yolk to see how much it's cooked. you can use this method to take it all the way from barely to completely cooked, and it is a stress free way to do it.

The most stupid simple way would be to sous vide them. Crock pot and an Inkbird plug-in controller. Set it to 145, cook the whole egg for 30 minutes, then crack them straight onto toast.

>those horrible fast food Egg Patties that are cooked over hard with a broken yolk then stuck in a drawer until you order it

People eat runny eggs here all the time. What the fuck are you on about?

Looks good to me?

How would youuuu know?

30 seconds in a microwave in a small glass bowl.

Perfect every time, I swear to god.

I do. I like the texture.

That's a statement not a question

no, it's not the same as saying no. it's still useful to know you can cook the white and keep the yolk runny.

It's not overcooked. It's nice and firm unlike your dad's cock in your mouth, you fucking faggot.

>advising user to egg his microwave
Evil.

>order an over-medium egg at literally any restaurant in the U.S.
>hand me a over-easy egg

Every fucking time.

It works as long as you don't put to much cooking spray in the bowl. I've only ever had one explode.

As someone who has never liked eggs what sound I try

Breakfast cook here. I have only had a single person ask for over hard and it was an old guy who had a tremor and couldn't eat runny eggs because he would end up getting it all over his shirt.

>eggs in microwave
>cooking spray

Go to bed, mid-aged housewife.

I order my eggs over hard. I am not a fan of runny eggs. It's a texture thing. Call me plebeian all you want.

Over hard is the only way to eat fried eggs if you’re not a disgusting fucking animal. Anybody who likes runny yolk should be fucking incinerated.

Are over hard eggs equivalent in meme status to well done steak? Both are horrendous ways of cooking otherwise good food

Not being able to enjoy the god-sauce that is warm egg yolk? You're actually worse than plebeian, because that means working class. You're just defective.

>well done steak is bad
This is the real meme and you should be ashamed of thinking otherwise.

over well > over hard

dont break the yolk

over easy is such a shit choice compared to over medium

I don't like making a mess when I eat.

Fucking american retarded manchild
Even Japanese chicks are making fun of how dumb you sound

Why the fuck would I care what the Japanese think? Their food is repulsive.

Muh superior weeb culture!

You kidding? I'm American and I was raised on this.

poaching isn't hard at all. It just takes a little practice.

use a larger pot than you think you need. Add a small amount of vinegar once the water is up to a simmer.

Crack your egg into a ramekin. Don't just crack it into the water. You need the whole egg to slide in at once.

Stir the water to create a gentle whirlpool, and slide the egg into the middle of the whirlpool.

Let it poach for around three minutes and remove it with a slotted spoon.

Season and enjoy.

Over hard is the easiest wat to cook them. I like it when customers over em that way

Who?

I like my food fully cooked. The last thing I want while eating a sandwich with egg is an undercooked yolk running down my hands.

>sure as hell nothin beats my gud ol' burger
>I won't eat anything if it's not flashy and visually appealing! !
Have you tried growing up¿

This

get the fuck out

My qt3.14 asian husbando does this for breakfast sandwiches so that egg yolk doesn't drip on his suit or bowtie. Almost divorced him instead of cooking that morning but the logic is pretty sound.

dont talk to me and my lesbian daughters ever again

I’ve been to japan you fucking autist, literally did not have a single good meal there. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, was flavorless and bland at EVERY establishment I entered.

Can't stand runny eggs. Soft boiled or sunny side up. Over-medium fried eggs is about it.

I FUCKING LOVE EGGS PLEASE

I do this if the eggs are on a sandwich or burger.

>when you cook the eggs in the bacon fat instead of buttering the pan and the outer fringe fizzes and browns

Hard boiled is the only way to eat eggs. While they're still hot of course, cold hard boiled eggs are gross.

I'll eat them that way over toast because I want to avoid a mess.

I'm not picky though, I generally love eggs

EGG WHITES MASTER RACE

>tfw can't find a scotch egg anywhere that has a runny yolk