Anyone refuse to pay for water when eating out?

Anyone refuse to pay for water when eating out?
I'll always ask for a glass of water, now I pay first for good measure. I've gone to other places after buying food because I couldn't get water free where I was at.

Only place I've ever laid money down for water is Mexico.

I'm not european so I ave literally never been asked to pay for water at a restaurant

Talking fast food too

I'm not sure anywhere actually charges for water, unless you want fancy mineral water or something like that. In the US it's Federal law that restaurants have to provide tap water at no charge.

Fast food joints don't make you pay for water either

When has any fast food joint ever charged for water?

They make you pay a quarter for the cup. This only happens in diverse areas

Uh, even in the U.S. they do charge for cups. It's like a minimum fee, but they don't actually charge you for the actual water. It's usually south of a dollar, though I don't know why you wouldn't just seek out a water fountain somewhere.

No, if you ask for water they'll give you it for free. Cups cost you when it's for soda or juice.

>drinking water when eating out
what's the point?
if I'm going to spend money for other people to cook my food, I'm getting iced tea at the very least
soda fountain water always tastes like shit anyway

Iced tea has very similar or equal sugar content as soda so I skip it, I also don't order fries and other shitty sides to my meals to lower carbs and completely worthless calories

If I order more than two burgers say from McDonalds (ie 3/4 mcdoubles) I'll throw two on the same bun to lower carbs

Just because I eat out doesn't mean I can't use some intelligence behind it

>Iced tea has very similar or equal sugar content as soda
No, sweet tea does. Iced tea has none.

also
>worrying about sugar or carbs when you're eating literal garbage in the first place

Is this a coastie thing?
In the midwest I have never heard of them charging for a cup

because I am cheap but also like good food
I am willing to pay for good food, but I'm not going to pay for some shitty sugary beverage

I have never been to a place that made you pay for water unless you asked for a bottle of water.

I only drink soda when I'm drinking liquor. I'd rather just have water any other time. Plus I'm not paying 2.50 for something that costs the restaurant 10 cents.

I much rather be skinny fat with some health risks/issues then be overweight friendo

I only pay for bottled water when in a third world country

I've been charged for water in both west and east yurop multiple times. They either sell you overpriced bottled water or give nothing

no water without purchase at Starbucks and McDonald's here (large city westcoast USA)

Bottled water is a dick move I can see a few locations getting away with on a technicality here and there but for the most part, even working at KFC, even the scummiest of bags say giving water is law.

Can’t say the same for Europe though.