Whelp Heart Issues

Hey Veeky Forums, I'm kind of new to this board but most of you seem nice and helpful.

Lastnight I had a heart attack. It hit me like a ton of bricks and the ER was very confused as I'm only 28 and in fairly good shape(5'11 180lbs) but it was a real wake up call.

I suppose what I'm here to ask and what this thread is about is suggesting heart healthy foods and even some miraculous foods that could possibly specifically help with heart health.

I'm aware that things like sodium and fats are to be avoided and that things like fruits and veggies should become the main focus of my diet but wasnt sure if there were any special suggestions or any kind of advice Veeky Forums might have for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/17351340/How_Not_to_Die_-_Greger__amp__Stone_(2015)_(pdf__epub)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>if there were any special suggestions or any kind of advice Veeky Forums might have for me.
Yeah:
1) Talk to your medical professionals about this, not a bunch of trolls and idiots here.

2) What caused your heart attack? You need to understand the underlying cause before you can address it. Did the docs tell you what the cause was? Without that you're shooting in the dark.

>Lastnight I had a heart attack
lol

Become vegan. Vegans have low chances of heart disease

Lol

I've already talked to the medical staff at the ER, my own personal doctor this morning and have a stress test set up in the near future.

As far as they can tell it was stress induced and my blood pressure was nuts. It happened halfway through my shift(I'm a meatcutter) and I stupidly just popped some aspirin and finished the night and went to the ER afterwards. I've already cut out drinking alcohol but was never into caffeine or sodas.

I'm not worried about troll responses, just looking for actual heart conscious meal ideas. It sounds like I've been limited to pretty much a vegetarian diet. Which sucks.

Plant based diet. Look it up. Make a vow to change your lifestyle

Shot of olive oil in the morning, every morning.

Become a pescatarian; eating fish twice a week will do you no harm.

>n fairly good shape(5'11 180lbs
Kek you can't out run a bad diet.

But I love porkribs. No I know, I was borderline alcoholic too so a lot of changes are happening.
I already eat fish pretty regularly and have heard that salmon and whitefishes can be pretty good.

Define a "bad diet".

So how does that go down exactly? You woke up from sleep and realized what was going on and called 911?

tl;dr:

1. No trans-fats, no smoking
2. Minimize saturated fat as far as possible, limit alcohol to maybe one glass of wine a day at most
3. Minimize refined sugar and carbs as far as possible, stick to whole-grains
4. Eat more fiber
5. Eat more veggies and fruit

None of this is really controversial, it's pretty much what any good doctor would recommend anyway.

80% fruit and vegetables. The rest in fish, legumes, nuts, seeds, oats. Eat avocados and olive oil in your salads.

No fried shit. Cut salt. Fibre is godly for good poops and helps clean your arteries.

Smoothies is a good start for replacing an unhealthy meal per day.

Did you have any symptoms beforehand?

do you drink?
do you smoke?
use drugs?

Should he cut coffee or is that fine? Asking for a friend, I’m in great shape...

>fibre is godly for good poops and helps clean your arteries.
Too much Fiber is actually pretty bad if you have crohns or any digustive problems.

Black coffee is fine, might even be beneficial, just don't have too much.

Thanks for the responses anons, it's essentially a once over of what I've already talked about.

I think a combination of stress and poor diet almost put me in an early grave.

>OP didn't play sport in high school to find his congenital heart defects.
Good reason to play sport even if you're not good at them.

>tfw have a right bundle branch blockage
>dr. says tons of people have it and it doesn't really matter
>still scares the shit out of me
>what if my left bundle branch just stops working and I drop dead

True. I don't think too much fibre is ops problem tho.

>fiber helps clean your arteries
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Go to nutritionfacts.org.
Best shit out there. Love Micheal me.

Both are killers. Start loving yourself, dude.

Don't, the doctor there is a scam artist vegan

>born with RBBB
>only found out about when I was 18
>cardiologist says he can't find any indications that it's affecting my heart
>still can't stop thinking about it
>wish I never found out

I know the feeling, user

It's true. The water bsoluble fibres bind with cholesterol in the blood. This is why oats is advertised as heart friendly.

Dietrary cholesterol != serum cholesterol

>skeletal bald jew with glasses telling others about being healthy

You're right user. Thank you.

Try to get your fish fresh though. Rancid omega 3 fats wont help.

Your dietary cholesterol isnt directly absorbed in considderable amound for change in your cholesterollevels, but currently theres evidence it affects your own production of it instead. So the result stays basicaly the same...

If you don't mind me asking, what did it feel like?

Weird. I felt it coming maybe 3-4 hours before hand. My chest was hurting but I am an idiot and decided to just not do anything about it.
Got through half my work shift and oddly enough at one of the calmer moments of the day; suddenly he chest began to burn and it felt like my heart was a pin cushion.

Less than a minute into this my vision began to dim and I couldn't catch my breath; I felt nauseous like I was going to pass out but at the same time like I was being shocked with adrenaline due to the pain in my chest.
This went on for a good half hour as I stumbled around my store to find some aspirin which I promptly opened and ate 3 of. About 15 minutes later I was back to reality.

I have been hurt before and had stomach problems that I thought were terrible; but have never been so sure of what was happening or that my life was ending.

Now I have to go back to work because no one else can do my job and I am stubborn.

So it's not food related at all.
Deal with your stress directly and leave the diet alone. If anything, arbitrarily making such drastic changes to your diet will only bring on more stress and cause more problems.

Anyone know how telling an EKG is I went the ER for what I thought was a heart attack but they told me it was heartburn and anxiety. They gave me a gastrococktail and a sedative. My GP did a EKG for my ease of mind I had a panic attack during but eventually calmed. He every thing was normal but he's missed stuff before.

If they did an EKG they would have been able to tell if it was a heart attack, clearly it wasn't. If you're worried about your heart though get a full check up and then see where you go from there.

And OP, if you had an okay diet I still have to think something else caused it. Did they say anything about having a heart defect? Anyway, follow the Mediterranean diet.

>Now I have to go back to work
Keep voting Republican too, like a good little cuck. You don't need health care, or a social safety net. Its all about self reliance and small government so we can afford tax breaks for corporations, right?

If he eats healthier, he'll feel healthier inside, which will lead to a happier and less-stressful outlook.

"At least one thing is in control", right?

That doesn't mean never indulging again in your life but maybe a burger once a month will still be okay.

How does it feel working on your bucketlist before 30 years of age?

i recently had a similar scare. not a heart attack, but i learned i have high blood pressure. when i checked into the ER it was 180/103.

i've changed my diet. i've been living off fast food. i was eating what i thought was 'healthy' fast food (if there is such a thing)

i went to the websites of the places i frequented and looked at their nutritional values on the stuff i was eating.

basically, majority of fast food is loaded with salt, fat, and cholesterol.

even the stuff you think is 'healthy' is bad. for example, the cool wrap meal from chick fil a has nearly the same amount of salt, fat, and cholesterol as the chicken sammich meal.

you need to start cooking at home and use less salt.

Did your BP go down? Did you have to go on meds? How old are you, and are you fat?

I'm really shocked that relatively young (I'm assuming you are) people, OP included, would have these issues without some sort of heart defect or genetic issue.

my dr told me i had a heart attack based on EKG results, but suggested it was a false read. he also told me if one had diabetes, a heart attack would feel like heartburn. so for every point, there's a counterpoint i reckon. if it matters, he got his bachelor's in mechanical engineering from MIT before he went to medical school.

bp is back to normal. i'm on 5mg of bystolic. i'm 44 and by gub'ment standards, i'm obese. 5'9", 180lbs. i can run up the stairs at work two steps at a time and not be out of breath.

>alcoholic
Fucking degenerate. Off yourself

Sounds like he’s working on it

Research about avacado oil. Its omega 9s clean your arteries

THIS.

Bump

I'm the OP why are you bumping this?.... The conversation is more than over enjoy your thanksgiving.

>ctrl+f fitness
>ctrl+f exercise
>ctrl+f work out

>zero (0) fucking results
what the fuck Veeky Forums, do you just want him to die?

(still OP here)
Yeah I was surprised too. Mostly shit posting and the same old dietary suggestions.

It was funny seeing these posts though as it reminded me that there are people so disconnected from reality that they don't have to pay for anything or support anyone else.

I already do a bit of sports at least once a week that's pretty intensive but I'm looking more into cardio.

once a week is not enough, frequency is more vital than intensity

The onion is a great way to prevent heart attacks. You should be eating at least 1 a day.

.... Yes that is what I said I was aware of.

looking more into it means nothing literally just stop thinking and do it

Yes and a post on Veeky Forums is more convincing than the fear of heart disease.
Thanks for you input, I am aware.

>he said, typing on a tibetan rock polishing billboard, instead of working out

But you are doing the same thing? You also have no idea what I do in the seconds before and after a post.

I feel like you're projecting your laziness and procrastination onto me and assuming I am like you user; so I'll just let you post by yourself. The threads been over for some time so it's probably just best to let it go.

>he continued to post instead of doing his once a week walk to the end of the road

>a heart attack at 28

i think op said it was stress based, STEMI would be what you're talking about being a blockage but this was NSTEMI sounds like

dude needs less alcohol and more relaxing time

I got heart arrythima from energy drinks. Theads like this scares me.

Get on a whole foods plant based diet :-)

Olive oil is not beneficial, only less detrimental than other extracted fats.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/17351340/How_Not_to_Die_-_Greger__amp__Stone_(2015)_(pdf__epub)

>this went on for a good half hour
>did not call an ambulance or go to the hospital
It’s like you’re some kind of moron

whelp and welp are different words and you should have used the latter

Somebody sure has a bee in his bonnet about politics. Nothing OP said suggested a political position, but you sure found a way to work it into the thread.
You're the online version of the drunk uncle who ruins holidays by constantly segueing into how awful Obama/Trump is. Thanks for your contribution.

sage for can't realistically have an MI before 30 without a congenital disorder or the help of large amounts of stimulants.