Veeky Forums help

Veeky Forums help

I fucked up and I got 3 kg of italian proscuitto instead of the usual fat ham for thanksgiving. Is there still anyway I can make this honey glazed like people usually do for thanksgiving? Im thinking of baking it and serving thick slabs like people eat at breakfast(usually this ham is cut very thin), but Im sure the cooking time and preparation would be a lot different than the normal recipes

yes, Im retarded, I know

way too powerful for that, I'm pretty sure

Wasn't this incredibly expensive? Just serve it like prosciutto is supposed to be and play it off like you wanted to do something really fancy

Maybe a butterfly cut with some brown sugar, a bit of honey and regular seasoning. Could work but I've never tried it.

For the love of god please do not ruin a beautiful prosciutto with your brutish american cooking.

Would you microwave a kobe-beef? Would you mix Champagne and koolaid? Jesus Christ

*record scratch*
*freeze frame*

So I just bought a shitload of salty ham for Thanksgiving. You're probably wondering how I got into this situation...

I legit would mix champagne with kool aid.

how the fuck did you buy a gigantic chunk of prosciutto without noticing
this, just save it and use it as it is intended, go back and buy a proper ham if you have to

that makes you retarded, congratulations

when you say champagne do you actually mean any sparkling white wine that is incorrectly called champagne? real champagne is pretty expensive and wasteful to just use in a little experiment like that

$55

I paniced when they were showing it to me. I dont usually cook

>I dont usually cook
why are you in charge of a holiday dinner then? I don't mean to make you nervous but that seems pretty strange

Im only making one dish, the ham. I figured since its just putting on the glaze and baking, it wouldnt be too difficult

This is precious but you can still fix this by buying a normal ham. Return the prosciutto if you want or keep it and enjoy tasty charcuterie for months.

you havent even got to the cooking and you've already messed up
just bring a pie or something

Buy some good soft smoked cheese, find very good tomatoes, and somehow learn to bake great focaccia.
Italian sandwiches all day
>the tip is to find very sweet tomatoes, if they are too acidic they will suck

keep the prosciutto for yourself, don't waste it on your relatives. Just go get a 2nd ham and cook it like normal. No matter what you'll fuck up the prosciutto anyway, just freeze it until you get a slicer or something.

55 for 3 kg of prosciutto is too low. must be fake american shit

This, don't fuck up perfectly good meat because LMAO THANKSGIVIINGING!!@!@!@!@ GOTTA MAKE IT ALL PUMPKIN AND HONEY AND TURKEY LMAFOFAO

>keep proscuitto for yourself
>buy shitty ham to serve to family.

yeah this literally probably plastic like what amerigay's make cheese from of

the prosciutto has been already prepared on its own
cooking or glazing it will totally fuck it up and you'll end up feeling even more retarded
just leave it and get another ham

>the constant shitposting this time of year by assmad defectives that are outcast from their family for being shit
Love it desu.

>Projecting this hard

>the constant shitposting each time of year from cucks who buy prosciutto for their families and then instagram blog it on fortune

>get your typical boring ass millenial life explained to you
>y-you're p-p-p-projecting
pottery.

>Amerilard
>Using metric measurements
I'm not saying you're making this up, but you're making this up

Why do 3rd worlders think about America so much?

>get your typical boring ass millenial life explained to you
Nigga I don't even do anything for thanksgiving, my family is literal crackheads

>the absolute state of this user

>the yuro is confronted with someone with the freedom and intelligence to use multiple measurement systems
>this enrages and confuses the yuropoor

>intelligence to use multiple measurement systems
>Buys an amerilard injected and tumbled fake "prosciutto" for $55 retard bucks and decides to honey bake it like a typical amerilard injected and tumbled "ham" that costs $25.
>intelligent

Golden americuck pottery

>$55 retard bucks

>shifting the argument to typical yuro ree-ing about american food when he realizes his measurement system argument is retarded
hmm

>intelligence to use multiple measurement systems
>posts solar system picture
Remind me which country lost a spacecraft because they couldn't convert correctly between imperial and metric units?

>continues moving goalposts

Remind me which country landed on the moon 6 times using the Imperial system.

Did we move them in inches or cm?

Pls relax dude

Since Veeky Forums is hosted in America, we have the freedom to choose which.

>He believes the moon landings were real

>we have the freedom to choose the incorrect type of ham
FTFY

You are one bitter cunt mate

if you're serious, go back and buy a proper ham. Take a picture of it along with the prosciutto, the receipt for the ham, and a PayPal address, and I'll reimburse you up to 55 USD. There is no way in hell I'm letting your faggotry ruin your family's Thanksgiving. Next time, consider reading about the thing you're buying before buying it. I'd also appreciate if you explained to your family how stupid you are so they know to never trust you with anything important again, but that's not a requirement.

Hey, I'm thankful for my bitterness (and also my ability to choose the appropriate type of ham)

With Rocket science imported from Germany, using rockets designed by German scientists. Now you are using Russian space capsules to get into the ISS.

Germans are the largest ethnicity in America. We're an immigrant nation, and our accomplishments are the accomplishments of people who came here.

>our accomplishments are the accomplishments of people who came here.
Americans: Not being able to achieve things without outsiders telling them how since 1776

You seem confused about the history of America.

>hmm should we move it in lengths of a man's foot, or in ten-millionths of the distance between the north pole and the equator?
the absolute STATE of metric fanboys.

Why are u even bothering he just wants attention

You're right, I better go read up on that great victory you achieved against 3rd world rice farmers

>he just wants attention
>Implying I'm American

>3 kg
>thanksgiving

Yes, you are retarded. There is no thanksgiving outside of America.

Lend-lease saved Europe.

>(((((Lend-Lease)))))

Wtf that would cost like $100 at publix

You're welcome.

nasa has used the metric system since 1990...

woops

>Implying Hitler did anything wrong

>implying you would even know what prosciutto is if American hadn’t culturally appropriated it

And we haven't been to the moon since 1972.

>yuropoor
>authoritarian
Makes sense.

>Amerilard
>soy-boy
makes sense

And yet a mix of both imperial and metric was used in those lands?

And yet they started phasing out imperial since the 1980s and majority use metric since the 1990s.

Kinda shows which system is better

>haven't been back to the moon since

really made me think

I don't eat soy.

The answer's obvious: Amerilards are lazy, and there wasn't a McDonalds there

Sure thing pal

>implying there hasnt been any more moon landings because nasa switched to metric and not due to cost/benefit analysis.

what a retard

kek

not true, at least not in mainland europe. it may not be the best there is but you can get some pretty decent prosciutto for that price

>REEEEEing this hard because they can't correctly identify the correct type of ham to ruin with their "cooking"
The absolute state of 'Murica

I'm not OP.

you are in the unfortunate situation of having 3kg of bad quality italian dried ham, for that price it must be super mediocre. so basically there is no good use for it on thanksgiving, if it tastes alright eat as much as you can and gift the rest or make a large amount of baconbroth and freeze it

do NOT bake it, it's going to turn to leather and it will also stay too salty. if you really want to go ahead with cooking it then do the following:

cut it into 1 kg chunks and boil them individually in a large pot of water for about 2 hours. change the water halfway through. this will reduce the saltiness and soften the meat. what you should end up with is something like a brisket that you can serve in thin slices. add a sauce of horseradish + sour cream + grated apples as a side and some good bread.

Use it to do sandwiches with no mayo

>3kg prosciutto crudo
>55 memerican dollars
just throw it away or let the garbage raccoons eat it
I refuse to believe it‘s safe for human consumption

btw is autism mandatory in
the states now or how do „mistakes“ like that happen? shake my head family

just boil the flavor out, a couple hours in a pressure cooker should do it, then it will taste like American ham

This is decent advice.

>Meat is super expensive because I live in yuroland, there's no way it could cost less somewhere else

>returning meat to the store
Do Euroslimes really do this?

>„mistakes“

You dirtmongers don't actually write like this in your goatfucker language, do you?

Idk, but I know amerifats do return meat.

>be at Sam's on Monday morning to return a piece of electronic eqpt. that didn't work.
>2 fagfuck carnies with carts full of rolls of ground beef and hotdogs that they bought on Friday for an event that got rained out where you can be guaranteed they kept it in their garage or travel trailer
>the clerks dutifully accept and scan all that meat for a refund
>stocker paged to pick up and restock shelves

Tread very carefully in meat aisles if you're amerifat.

>being this fucking retarded
OP just serve them proscuitto, I can guarantee they'll love it more than shitty fat ham that they usually eat. Besides you're basically wasting high quality meat (in comparison to ham) by turning it into ham.
>55$
guaranteed if you're American that it's not that high of quality. You can either keep it to eat yourself or just pass it off to the family and hope they've never had good prosciutto.

I'm not American you mong you're just a cunt

It's how most germans use quotation marks, I'm sure some other fruity country does it too.

get some melon and make it a side dish. delicious as fuck.

Oh my fucking lord.

not replying to this post is proof you're a shill

this

>go spend even more money first, and trust a random user to reimburse you
>i don't know what shill means but if you don't trust a random user you are obviously one

Retard

Sounds like a waste. Just use it in some kind of stuffed chicken dish.

>Tread very carefully in meat aisles if you're amerifat.
Especially as someone might have sharted there

>fucked up
WRONG
just buy a couple pounds of grana, some brie wheels, you'll be great

>wow someone who doesn't usually cook is cooking how did that happen it is almost like people have new experiences all the time haha dont mean to make you nervous or anything

learn to stand up for yourself- you paid a 55 dollar bill to be polite. let that sink in.

as for the solution- french bread and lots of brie

>wow someone who doesn't usually cook is cooking how did that happen it is almost like people have new experiences all the time haha dont mean to make you nervous or anything
if someone starts cooking it's usually best to not start out with such a high profile event.

Ever cooked a thin slice of prosciutto? It would basically become a salt lick. How the fuck did you fuck up so royally anyway? Prosciutto is way more expensive than regular ham.

>I paniced when they were showing it to me.

Serve it with melon