How can a person stop a craving sweet food?

How can a person stop a craving sweet food?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1931610/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Use antibiotics to kill all the bacteria in your stomach and then get a poop transplant from a healthy eater.

>tfw day 4 of no sugary food
I don’t really snack but I’m addicted to having a sweet dessert after everything

By growing up.

adderall

Start smoking

You don't.

Just have some self control and limit yourself to sweet food once or twice a week.

op, i managed to quit meat, salty food, snacking between meals, anything with high fat content, but for the love of christ i just can't quit the crystal jew. the fucking crystal jew has me in its grip.

you don't
ye old hunger never stops

I've lost 40kg so far and I'm hungry every fucking second of my life. In retrospect it's not even worth it because I'm still ugly and the cravings are killing me but I'm too deep in the rabbit hole to stop now without seeing it through to the end. I daydream about getting cancer or some other terminal disease and literally eating myself to death with nothing left to lose.

Keep up the good work, user. My best friend lost both parents to strokes before the age of 25. Her parents weren't even that unhealthy, so she figures genes are responsible. This friend exercises daily and basically is always dieting one way or another to keep the fat away. It is a whole lifestyle you simply have to stick to.
I think of bedtime hungry as a good thing. Oh, I'm burning calories, that's what that feeling is. Had a good day of control! Then you have a simple glass of water, decaf spiced tea, or a low cal snack and pat yourself on the back.

Sweets are like drugs. You're going to have literal withdrawals, and mood swings depending on how addicted you are to the stuff. The best way to stop craving sweets is to quit cold turkey for a month and then have something sweet every two weeks. The second you start getting cravings again go cold turkey.

same except I cracked day 2

I can handle no sugar in most things but not having something to sweeten coffee is too much to handle

eat gums

put aspartame on everything... that's plenty of sweetness. I even sprinkle aspartame on toast.

Come to realization that sweet foods have many ill effects on the body; that you'd rather stay (somewhat) healthy by ridding your diet of these god forsaken dishes and snacks.

stop fucking depriving yourself and learn how to moderate and count calories

It amuses me that this is genuine advice.

>quit meat
>quit salt
>quit high fat

Dude you literally did the OPPOSITE of improving your eating

It's a wonderful time to be alive.

Don' t eat it.

A friend of mine stopped eating sweets. Nothing of the sort for two weeks. Now he feels no need to buy them anymore. Been years since that decision. You can try to tell me that "but he still does secretly, right" but at the end of the day he has plain stopped eating anything sweet.

But please go on with your existential tier confusion about sweet craving. It helps you as much as a popular diet.

You seem awfully defensive on behalf of your friend.

salt is also a crystal

Just fucking lift after you're done losing the weight my man. You will have an excuse to eat.

Eat nutrient dense whole plant foods, some being fruit :-)

Take your anti vaxxer science elsewhere

I always keep some sugar free soda like La Croix or Zevia in the fridge.

there is no escape
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1931610/

I had an easier time quitting smoking than I did cutting back on sugar by far.

Smoke opium. You'll have a bigger addiction than sugar.

By not eating it for a few weeks. Seriously. Resets your taste buds and insulin levels. Jumpstart with a 24-48 hour fast, then cut out all foods with added, refined sugars and anything with artificial sweeteners like diet soda. Choose your path: eat only low glucose index complex carbs or go full retard with keto. Highly recommend keeping the carbs low in any case. Up your vegetables and healthy fats, etc. I don't eat sugar at all. I used to love it but it actually tastes pretty disgusting now. Having once been addicted to both sugary junk food and tobacco, I think sugar is more addictive and ruins your sense of taste more. Good luck!

Oh, so every now and then I'll eat a piece of fruit. It'll like knock me out with sweetness. That is all I need. Anything with added sugar is just plain gross though. It's so sweet that it has this nasty bitter undertone and aftertaste like saccharine. Every time I've tried to eat a piece of candy I spit it out. Weird stuff.

Tpbp.

you literally just stop

This

I treat myself once a month.

other than using artificial sweeteners, I've developed a phobia of sugar based on the fact that it is bad for teeth. When I eat sugar, I feel as though my teeth are dissolving in my mouth and a panic a little.

Become addicted to alcohol.
I haven't had dessert since I started drinking. Although that might just be because I grew out of it.
Either way, it's worth a shot.

Fasting.

You have 2 choices. You can abstain completely for a few weeks until the cravings pass. or you can substitute. I did the latter. The only sweets I consume are sugar free gum, and no calorie water enhancers. I kept using less and less of the water enhancers (mio, crystal light) over a few weeks. After that I switched to only unsweetened seltzers. (Lacroix, Polar, etc.) Caffeine is still important, so I drink black coffee. Eventually your palate shifts if you just stay away from sweet shit.