When was the last time you ate something you killed?

when was the last time you ate something you killed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FtspCxIfWuI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You do that basically any time you eat yoghurt so i dont get the point of the question?

Last week. Venison summer sausage. Drinking coffee on the last morning of the season up in my room. Saw a buck walking by. Shot it. Threw him in a wheelbarrow and walked back to the house. Neighbor saw me do it and wasn't even pissed that I shot in the direction of his house.

Couple years ago I shot and roasted a squirrel. Breddy gud

this doesn't count because i've never killed anything but flies and ants. ate a deer for the first time a week ago that my dad killed. i eat meat but also felt bad about it till i became an alcoholic and i lose my inhibitions, instead of fucking strangers like most drunks, i eat things i'd never eat.
8/10 would eat again.

I know a guy that does that. Bought a giant section of property out in durr country, drinks his morning coffee near a giant bay window while his .270 sits in a benchrest thing. His idea of hunting is sitting his ass down, sipping coffee, waiting for a deer to walk out of the thicket about 150 yards away. Guy even waits to finish his coffee if he manages to get one. Surprisingly effective, wife fuckin hates it though, the concussive blast shakes the whole house.
Sounds like bliss desu

oh ho HOOOO

Fpbp

spider last night.

2 months ago I picked some lettuce out of a garden if that counts.

I shot and butchered a deer a couple weeks ago so I've been eating on that. But yesterday, a fat ol' bunny was munching on some clover in my yard so I nailed him with a .22. Stewed him like you would a tough old hen. Delicious.

One of the perks of the job when you're an abortionist is that you get to keep the remains. You can make a great stew.

I shoot squirrels off my balcony. Slow cook 'em and eat 'em. My birdfeeder is out there just to draw them, actually.

About 3 weeks a go. Went over to a Mexican coworkers house to slaughter a goat for its meat. Goat meat is really fucking good and taste a lot like beef.

god damn that is hilarious

you seen that show meateater? There's an episode where this dude goes around with his squirrel dogs and racks up dozens of squirrel in no time

he gives the heads to the dogs and fries up the rest of it himself with some biscuits and gravy, comfy af

youtube.com/watch?v=FtspCxIfWuI

>taste a lot like beef

Interesting. I always assumed it would taste more like lamb. I've seen it at my international market so I guess I'll pick up some next time I'm there.

Goat does not taste like beef.
I've only ever killed and eaten my own fish. Gutting a bucket of crappies with a beer next to you is pretty relaxing desu

I said like beef. It's similar but that might be due the fact these were grain fed.

The goat i've had was very different to beef. Which part of the goat were you eating?

That might be it. The African place i used to eat at had stewed goat over rice and it was awesome. Can't think of another animal I'd compare it to though since I've never had lamb

When I was a kid i liked to eat these.

About a decade ago when I was a kid getting close to his teen years, my dad took me and my brothers trout fishing at a trout farm up in the mountains. Catching them was kind of easy, them being farmed trout who’ve grown complacent over their lifetimes. I helped kill and clean them, then we took them home and baked them up with lemon and thyme. Damn good eating.

I go fishing so I had some trout in butter a few months back

I used to fish for bass, I used to live 5 min walking distance to a dock in the local creek that fed into a major river. small mouth and large. Fry em up. 5+ years ago. Haven't killed anything since

Lol no it stinks

I took a tomato and killed it just to watch it die.

Bob is my sourdough starter. Like some Promethean cycle, I kill half of him a few times per week then feed him to get him back to his old self.

Otherwise, a few weeks ago, I cooked live muscles in a green coconut-based sauce/gravy. Had them with rice. A few months ago, I boiled baby ducks in their eggs alive then shelled and stir-fried in tamarind sauce.
Never killed a mammal for food myself, but I have gone down the wet market, selected a rabbit, did some shopping elsewhere, then came back to pick it up, killed, gutted, skinned and drained (I assume in that order).

Fully grown, male goats are not tasty and do indeed stink. They're only good stewed a good, long while in a heavily spiced sauce so as to cover its distinctive odour.
Kid goats taste fine and are good roasted, even plain with just salt or pepper. Tastes of mutton, but not as strong. Or lamb, but slightly stronger.
Nanny goats are more useful for milk as well as making more goats so I don't think I've ever had one.

Some eel earlier this year

Not that dude, but I've always wanted to try goat. I don't think that's likely in my area, though.

>salt or pepper
Err... salt AND pepper, rather.

Growing up, we ate roast kid sprinkled with salt and rubbed with a paste of garlic whipped with tallow, lard and/or oil and mixed with freshly powdered black pepper, chili, rosemary and dry zest of lemon, often for Easter. Actually, this goes for a lot of meats we eat, now that I think of it, just not for beef.

Where? Anywhere there are brown people should also have goat meat for sale somewhere. Where I live, a few supermarkets carry it and an abatoir sells whole kid for $119 each (used to be $79, but oh well).

A month, it was an oyster

When I swallowed a spider in my sleep

Was it the one at Alexandra, just by the Goulburn river up in the Victorian high country?
I have same settis with my dad if so

a lake fish when i was 6 years old

prolly the ol' goatnads

Never, I eat deer a good bit but I've never hunted (aside from killing birds with bb guns i guess), and when I go fishing I just let them go. I think I might start cooking my fish though.

Nice. Venison is amazing. You're neighbor must be pretty shill, I'f be pretty livid if someone shot at my house.

I raised and killed the turkey I ate today. I have 3 more left to butcher, but t hey are laying eggs, so I'll wait until they are done laying. Odd time of year for laying eggs though.

I used some basil from my herb garden then killed the basil plant with neglect about a month later.

Brook Trout caught fly-fishing. Lightly floured, with a little salt and pepper and pan fried and served with toasted almond slivers. Just perfect.

The trout were gravid and next year I'll make some smoked trout roe.

I eat bacteria by the millions everyday. Am i cool yet?

Whenever I moved out of my mom’s house when I was 16. Used to shoot feral chickens out of my bedroom window, scald, pluck and cook them for when she and my brother came home.

It's not like any lamb I have ever eaten. Or any cut off a cattle either

Most of our goat is tough, free roaming type mountain goat. Tastes pretty good in a curry but it is never served outside of a curry

3 days ago.

Deer steak, Taken with a .308

i broke the neck on a turkey with my hands that was in my yard on Halloween lats month and cooked and ate it 7/10 eats

One time I picked some tomatoes and ate those in a gazpacho, that counts right?

ya technically they are alive

That is the typical Easter dish in Portugal, seasoned exactly like that.

yellow perch caught this summer, my dad cooks it though, he's a fish wiz

had a nice loli steak yesterday

last winter
killed and butchered 2 rabbits, made rabbit stew, was very delicious. i am just glad they didnt scream

Took a hate for stew in, I think, August. They're pretty skinny and gamey and I can afford steaks, so I rarely bother. I just kind of happened to have a bow and some broadheads on me when I spotted him.

*HARE ffs. Goddamn it.
I've definitely taken hate more recently than August.

I boiled a lobster a month ago. I also steamed some mussels two weeks ago if that counts.

Bruh, have you heard of accutane? I think it could really help you out

oysters probably

I go crabbing a lot, and used to work in a seafood processing place where I had to completely kill and clean a crab in 5 seconds, back to back to back. I never did the math, but it had to have been hundreds a day.
Never went hunting though. That's next.

>farming in JRPGS

5 seconds MUST be hyperbole

Not that guy but for soft shell crabs (at least the ones i have worked with) to "clean" them you just have to cut the gills and the head off with a pair of scissors.

>eating the offal coming out from bareback whore hatchet wounds

Probably had crab or something last summer. Can't remember.

>~13 years ago
>in high school
>school is located right beside forest
>motherfucking lunch period
>usually spent my lunch break sleeping on this mossy rock outside
>head out the back doors
>see a big grouse just standing there by the trail leading to my rock
>go to grab a stone to throw at it
>no stones
>have to run around the building
>grab a couple stones
>come back
>grouse is gone
>head over to where I last saw it
>I can see it in the bushes through a bunch of trees
>its still walking away
>don't even have a clear line of sight
>gonna take the shot anyways
>Make a silent prayer to Artemis to let my aim be true
>throw that fucking rock
>manage to not hit a tree
>somehow manage to hit that grouse right in the head
>not only that but the rock carries its head to the ground and pins it there
>literally perfect throw
>dash through the bushes
>grab that fucker
>twist its head off
>go knock on the lunch room window
>one of the lunch ladies answers
>ask them if they will let me keep this grouse in a bag in the fridge till I go home
>they let me
>have it with pasta later that day

I can clean a crab in about 20 seconds and I only eat like 10 a year so I can see someone who does it all day long cleaning one in 5 seconds.

what kind of a faggot says "hatchet wound"? are you afraid of pussy, faggot?

Summer of 1999; I caught, filleted, and fried a smallmouth bass.

Yesterday. Your mom's pussy.

i slayed your mom's pussy then ate her out the next day