Steak Degeneracy

Are people who think rare is too raw even functional humans?

medium rare is the safe bet because 90% of restaurants fucked up rare and under or overdue it

Med rare is the perfect doneness.

Underdoing a rare still makes it a 9/10

perfection

You're not being the neighbor Mr. Rogers knew you could be

yeah 9/10 chance to catch something

it's like an STD, you have a chance of getting it, but depending on how good it was, it was worth it.

That seems like a bad analogy

I had a nice rare dry aged new york strip the other day.

Looking pretty tender my dude

Where's the outside malliard? Or are you one of (((those))) faggots who poaches it in muh plastic bag.

>Where's the outside malliard
It's clearly got some Maillard reaction going on. But it's also rare, and fairly thick. You can only do so much.

There’s no need for mallards, it’s a steak

The fact you even care how other people like their steak proves you're a massive faggot.
Next time I have steak I'm gonna have it burnt to a crisp with ketchup just to spite you.

this is Veeky Forums, THIS IS ALL I HAVE

At least use the proper graph. Not one of those steaks were properly cooked

Is this your colon cancer that is causing you to be mad about what other people eat?

This, though you should probably learn from experience which places under or overcook. No place really does it correctly. The glorified place I work at always overcooks their steaks. They give you a well done steak regardless of your choice.

>rare please, thank you m'lady
(A-am I manly yet?)

Rare is a worse eating experience, too tender to cut properly.

>cutting your steak like a woman
Fucking soyboy. Pick it up with your paws and tear into it with your teeth.

Don't meme me, I made a valid point and I expect a valid counter-argument.

Rare steak makes for a messy, sub-optimal eating experience with negligible flavor advantages to medium-rare.

>waiter asks for my order
>the table is talking among themselves and not paying attention to me so i continue to look at the menu
>clear my throat and observe the table
>finally more people are looking at me
>I will have the rib-eye
>"Okay how would you like that cooked?"
>make sure the table is still looking at me
>speak twice as loud
>I will have my steak MEDIUM RARE
>stick out my chest until the waiter finishes orders
>the whole restaurant is admiring how manly I am for eating a raw piece of meat

I would unironically get well down out of those. Everything with pink or red is 2mushy4me.

This is why I don't even eat steaks anymore, though.

Anything past medium is degenerate

I did a sous-vide on a tri-tip pot roast at 132 degrees and 8 hours. Most of my family members microwaved it because it looked too pink and ate it with ketchup

Medium Rare because I don't want fucking e-coli.

I like rare steak, but I like to go through and cut out all the tendons and sinew.before cooking it.

>The glorified place I work at always overcooks their steaks. They give you a well done steak regardless of your choice.
Then you live in a shit area or it's not actually glorified at all by anyone who eats steak.

Ruth's Chris is glorified expensive shit, but even they can get a steak done properly.

It was voted best in the state. It is glorified shit.

Name the state.

I've been to ~30+ steak houses around the country eating generally $40-50+ steaks and i've never been served something well done when i've asked for rare.

Well done with sriracha.

If you don't eat blue please order the chicken.

LEss cooked steaks are harder to fake (or hide bad quality of meat). So in restaurant i always order medium rare. At home or when grilling i actually prefer medium.

This is objectively correct.

If your meat is so worm ridden that it HAS to be cooked medium well you shouldn't be proud of it in the first place.

The only way you're going to get sick eating raw steak is if it's not been handled properly.

Steak tartar doesn't make you sick when prepared properly and it's literally uncooked.

It's called well done, because it's well done and rare because it is rare to find such a poorly done steak.
pic related

You're doing a great job, Mr. President.

To be fair, steak tartare has lemon juice which kills off a lot of germs and bacteria.

i like my steecc blue rare