Al/ck/ general

Drinking and avoiding your family edition

>"I'll have dessert in my room"

Goddamn it it just sucks. I've been drinking for 9 years now and if I have like a handful of beers I sober up what seems like immediately, I can't be drunk for hours without drinking more liquor than I even want to. I wish I could be satisfied with a remotely moderate level of drinking, but it just doesn't have enough of an effect unless I hammer down liquor, and I quit doing that because of how badly it was fucking my life up.

wish these normals would leave so i could go get some food

seriously, it takes too much time and effort to be buzzed even 1/4 of waking hours once you are an alcky. i need a better drug

whoops guess i'm drunk again. weed gets boring after a while.

This

Fuckin weed and it's boring ass burnt out tired shit

Drink cheaper booze. Do you get drunk on old Bordeaux wine, or does your country/state have Muslim tier moral taxes?

>mfw my family thinks i've just been sipping all day but really i'm fucking drunk off my ass and can barely summon the brain power to put words into sentences

>bought a 12 pack of Stella
>second beer in
>fuck this shit
>start drinking me vodka

Thought I could be classy, but beer just doesn't work

unless you've gotten drunk off beer and drink that as your main drink it just doesnt work
my tolerance is so fucked because of vodka consumption it would take me ridiculous amounts of beer to get drunk

>all the food places are closed for thanksgiving
>liquor store is open
It's like they want me to drink away this shitty ass holiday.

why are you such a fucking retard

>I do that

mix with weed

>wake up in the morning thinking that I cleared out the whole case of beer
>Grab something out the fridge
>mfw 4 beers sitting tucked away behind everything else

are 40s a meme

Fuck off newfag

I recommend switching to wine or beer exclusively.

I love when this happens.

I do this every weekend. Don't care for wine but beer is good, except the amount of calories it brings

That's a good thing, it will make you drink less than you do of the artificially empty liquor.

Distillation is what ruined drink for humanity.

haha feel bad for you fuckers, I got thanksgiving over with over a month ago

>superiorcanadian.jpg

Kinda fell off the wagon after a week and a half, but I am meeting with a support group soon so hopefully I can stay on.

I don't know if I'm frustrated or relieved that I can't buy booze here today.

I live on the west coast of Canada where weed has always been around but in the past ten years we've gone from having to call a guy to there literally being over five dispensaries within a five minute walk from my house. I've been a daily weed smoker for almost as long as I've been an alcoholic but it's hard to tell.

getting wasted every day without weed sounds so bizarre to me. The two have always gone together and now that I think of it that's probably why I'm not at death level alcoholism yet. I feel really bad for people who live in most of the world where weed is still actually Capital-I-Illegal.

At what point should I be concerned with a fever? not sure if it's from cutting down drinking or if its because I'm actually really sick (im both), but I have a 101.6 fever. Should I go to a doctor tomorrow you think? and how bad would it be to have a few beers?

Is cheap vodka usually just as good as expensive vodka? Like can I buy sobieski and not be dissapointed? What about gin? I usually get sapphy but i feel like cheap gin will do the job too

I don't even take my kids to the doctor unless it's over 102

>38.666667°C
Don't go cold turkey. Never go cold turkey if you drink a lot and have physical withdrawals.
What are other symptoms?

Cheap vodka is OK, bottomest shelf is crap, but you can pass it through a brita filter and have high quality I heard.

I dunno man. I consume about 8 beers on a week day and I am still 165 lbs at 5'11".

On the weekends I drink enough to have 8 hours of I don't know what happened. When I finish a big job (industrial electrician lol) I buy beer by the pallet.

Ive had strep and a ruptured eardrum from an infection for about 2 weeks. Havent really improved at all and honestly feel worse now. Just stopped drinking a couple days ago and now im freezing and sweating even though im in bed all day. When they took my temp at the docs a couple weeks ago I had no temp, but now I do. Don't know if I should go back or not. I haven't really paid attention to my health for a long time so I don't know if this is bad or not.

Supreme. Can’t sleep through the night. 4th night in a row I’ve had to wake for an enormous shit. Too pissed off to get back to sleep.
Is insomnia the worst thing about being al/ck?

>Woman silhouette in al/ck/ op

saged

Don't be retarded

Veeky Forums is too childish for a community like this. Too many ranting brats screaming “retarded”, too many deluded faggots hoping to fuck straight guys, too many conspiracy babbies screaming niggerjews and just too much teenage cringe. Real shame.

But there's lots of girls here.

You could always return to where you came from.

this image hits home hard

There really isn't. Just because there's marginally more women or retarded men who consider themselves women on this board then a few other boards, doesn't mean there's a lot. It's over 3/4 male.
I swear this girl on Veeky Forums thing is becoming a shitpost people do to derail threads. It always turns into a bunch of people telling that person they're wrong while that person just basically repeats no u ad nauseam.

.t niggerjew

Coming up on 2 years sober here, gents. If you ever want to quit, it helps to spend the holidays far the fuck away from your family.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

just survived thanksgiving without a single drink

holy god it's been 6 hours since they opened the crown royal up and im still sweating

Passed out from the benzos I needed to survive the dinner with the family (stealth-drinking isn't nearly enough.) But at least now I'm back on my normal drinking schedule - gin and tonic for weeks.

>woman alcoholic

hue hue hue.

Women can't be alcoholics, They literally live on easy mode daily. What is there to be sad and depressed about? Too many men to choose from?

GTFO

Nice.

I'm at 26 days without spirits and 12 days without beer. Trying to make it to Christmas without a drink at which point I might treat myself to some drinks with the family.
Goddamn, it's tempting to buy beer though.

>i might treat myself

aaaaaand you're enslaved again!

Don’t be pathetic user.

Yeah, that's obviously a worry. It would be bizarre to have Christmas without booze. I bet you my family would all remark on me not drinking. They don't even drink, it's just that I really enjoy a boozy Christmas. Last year my mother made subtle remarks about me drinking too much.

poor bait.

Good for you, user. I know how much it sucks when the thirst just won't go away even when it seems like it should've long passed. The worst is over though, you're gonna be okay soon.

You can do it man! I know it seems like you're upending your whole tradition but every day you don't take a drink is a victory, even on Christmas.

>You can do it man! I know it seems like you're upending your whole tradition but every day you don't take a drink is a victory, even on Christmas.

I guess. I host Christmas so it's really comfy spending the day between the kitchen and living room, beer in hand, having a great meal and settling into night watching Carols with the family on the tv followed by National Lampoons Christmas Vacation accompanied by bourbon.
I've got my mom staying with me for two weeks too. I love her but she can be trying and alcohol makes her continued presence in the house way more tolerable.

4th day no booze, just shitloads of weed. I have madeira in the house for chutney, ale for oxtail stew, white wine for chicken and cognac for chocolate coated cherries. Still not drinking any, probably the longest I’ve had unopened bottles for years

Stick with weed, buddy, it won't kill you. 4 days with a clean liver is a good start. I'm proud of you, user.

In the last few days I hit a point where I get a deblilitating and blinding migraine each time I consume even one or two drinks. It has finally all caught up with me and I have a solid reason to quit for good. Been a fun ride, good luck fellas.

Don’t think about what you’re going to do on Christmas just focus on not drinking today. I stopped back in April originally for only two weeks. Once the two weeks was up I said I would go for one more day. Next thing you know I was sober for six months; went on an all inclusive family vacation, got wasted, and woke up the next morning and realized drinking wasn’t that fun anymore. I’ve been sober since then and I know I’ll drink again, but it’s not going to be today.

Stay strong brother.

no nigger you should only pay $50+ per bottle of alcohol and ideally $90+
do you want to be rejected online for drinking a certain brand or something?

Welp.....

It was nice knowing you lads

I find that you really don't get to that next level of despair if you don't get into daily liquor drinking.

Of course you can fuck yourself up with beer but being a vodka drunk is way worse.

on the easy-to-fuck-yourself-up scale i think weed is about a 2/10, beer is a 5 and liquor is an 8-9

>tfw fucked myself on all of them, individually

Welp

Fucking withdrawals kept me up all night and I have work later today. Busy as fuck on Fridays, and it is black Friday to boot.

Tfw can't call in sick because I don't know the fucking number

Is it possible I'm immune to alcohol withdrawal symptoms? Most days I drink at least 500 ml of vodka, I've been doing this for months now with the occasional 3-day break where I don't drink at all. I never get hungover and I never get withdrawal syptoms when I stop drinking for a few days.

Id rather be fired than go to work hung over. I have to stealth drink at all times.
I used to know builders who’d drink 30 pints of bitter a day, 10 of which they’d have at lunch time, before going back to work knocking down houses. F u c k that. I’m too much of a delicate trainwreck to open my damn eyes.
Beat yourself up, shove a condom up your ass and lay unconscious in a public place. It’ll get you out of work and it’ll feel better than going in.

Sherry is underrated.

Feels like upper class day drinking.

It is dirt cheap. It is anything but upper class.

It's just a type of wine, it can be both dirt cheap and very expensive.

But I feel pretentious drinking it. I like it.

I'm guessing you don't drink during the day.

Probably more of a late bloomer than immune.

I think withdrawal symptoms only start appearing once you try to go sober and relapse and gets worse each time

I'm in a similiar situation to you, 750ml bottle of vodka everyday for over 9 months and when I stopped cold turkey I didn't have any withdrawals

Could have been something in life

But here I am drinking my life away to the bottom of the bottle

What's your favourite cocktail, al/ck/?

I've been enjoying Harvey Wallbangers (2 vodka : 2 orange : 0.5 galliano, dash of bitters if you like) and vodka martini's lately (2 vodka : 0.5 martini : twist if you can be bothered). In both cases they seem to be good for week day drinking and still being functional in the morning.

Time you enjoyed wasting wasn’t wasted time

The problem with most likkerbois is that they no longer enjoy it though.

You need to stay somewhat moderate in your drinking for alcohol to be fun.

I don't even enjoy my life sober

why do you think I drink

to enjoy it?

lol

So bored and want to get hammered. I wish I could drink in moderation.

what's a cosy country with cheap alcohol, preferably in europe

i have a job where i can work remotely pretty much and my only hobbies are drinking, reading and excessively posting on the guardian comments sections

Slovenia, Estonia, Czech Republic

Get paid in dollars, or keep your savings in dollars, and move to the uk. Once this brexit shit is over you’ll be rich.

Christ, Amanda Bynes really didn’t take well to addiction.

sat waiting for this Garth Marenghi paedo glasses phase to end

who cares

the trend will just move onto some other dumb shit

because i like women with good facial bone structure and these things make everyone look like fuckin cabbage patch kids, this fad is directed at me personally

do cute girls post on alck?

nigger mountain

Good looking people look good in anything m8

you think they wouldn't?

though being an alcoholic generally means you are less attractive

i live in the north east of england, they're pretty thin on the fucking ground

British girls can be unconventionally attractive even when they're a bit goofy looking.

i already do get paid in dollars & already do live in london

My work here is done.
Alternatively I’d move to Spain. Housing costs nothing, food and booze are cheap, you can grow weed legally and the age of consent recently was 13, can’t be bad.

>its another americans assuming everyone lives in america episode

Im an average looking lesbian, but the booze is giving me moonface. Probably irrelevant to the question though since i assume you meant girls who could, in theory, potentially suck your dick.

>booze is giving me moonface
sounds like a load of bullshit to me

It's common for alcohol to make the face look less defined and more bloated. Just look at chloe moretz. Used to have pretty visible bone structure but now her face is moon central. Pretty sure she's a heavy drinker.

I have become a master at drunkenly doing this, sincerely a glorious way to start your day