Other urls found in this thread:

campbells.com/kitchen/recipes/classic-green-bean-casserole/
youtube.com/watch?v=xRLaPXLjK4w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what is it?
t.bong

GREENBEAN CASSEROLE

what kinda sauce?
And dont the beans get mushy when baked?
I love green beans but i usually just give them a quick bath in boiling water, into ice cold water and in the end i toss them in the pan with a few shallots,garlic and butter.
Or I wrap them in bacon and fry them until the bacon crisps.

In other words, give me a recipe nigger i wanna try that.

im pretty sure this is the recipe my mom uses
campbells.com/kitchen/recipes/classic-green-bean-casserole/
is gud

>trying to gussy up string bean casserole
if you actually wanted a vegetable you could just do green beans with garlic and almonds or something

real greenbean casserole is canned french cut greenbeans, campbells condensed mushroom soup, milk, and fried onions from a container

I like it when it's done from scratch

Fresh green beans, minced mushrooms, garlic, and some curry powder. Some chicken broth from the baked chicken you had the night before, mixed with milk or buttermilk...goodshit

faggot

>j-just buy CampbellsTM condensed mushroom and stop trying to make your own shitlord!

;)

>tfw I had to go back to the grocery store because I didn't buy enough fried onions for my wife's casserole this year

>don't forget to top me or my wife's casserole ever again

I actually made the same mistake with my green bean casserole a couple of weeks ago. I used Prime Now to get 'em, though.

>Mushroom
Into the garbage it goes
What a shame, too. Green beans are GOAT

2/10

wtf where is the meat, is it buried under all that green garbage`?

I always make a thick white sauce, add salt / pepper, and toss in some grilled mushrooms. After, I dump the sauce over the green beans (which have been layered with cheddar cheese after I have steamed them), toss some french fried onions on top, and then bake until the cheddar has melted. It's simple and most likely pleb tier by Veeky Forums standards, but it always comes out tasting good.

It's not proper greenbean casserole without mushrooms, you turd.

I made Chef John's french onion green bean casserole this year. youtube.com/watch?v=xRLaPXLjK4w

Everyone fucking loved it but I was still sent to the store to buy stuff to make a "real" green bean casserole.

never seen one or (as far as i know) known anyone that's eaten one.

that shit didn't breach the weather coast

90% of the American public that eats green bean casserole thinks you need "Campbells cream of mushroom soup" to make it.

My nigga

I hate green/wax beans. The way they squeak when you chew them is like nails on a chalk board. Disgusting.

Had thanksgiving dinner with my friend's family since I'm away from mine this year. She isn't a good cook but I'm from an Italian family, so everything was pretty bad. The greenbean casserole though, still amazing. What a great dish.

Try Turkish green beans. Long braised and not squeaky at all.

well sure you can cook anything to a mush

You've clearly never tried them. They're fucking delicious.

I don't doubt it but I saw the image and clearly they've been cooked to the point of molecular dissociation.

There isn't a single person that isn't white who has ever made this