Character on TV walks into a bar

>character on TV walks into a bar
>"Gimme a beer"
>luckily the bar must only sell one kind, as the barmen can comply with the vague order

you just get the regular beer on the tap, retard.
every bar has it's standard beer

I seriously hope you don't go in to a bar and ask for "a beer". Are you by chance a millennial or a negro?

I never said I do.
I only order decent belgium ones mostly, depending on where I am.
look, why do you care so much if people just order a beer, not everyone is a snob like us. let them be.

>2017
>still pretending beer tastes "good"
>not drinking wine with your wife in the leisure of your own home
>not being married
>2017

>"gimme a large glass of your house red"
>millennial, fuccboi barman stares at me from behind a veritable forest of misguided facial hair decisions.
>I can feel the seething hatred emanating from his meme addled eyes.

>"p..p..p..please"

get a glass of luke warm merlot that was decent

Lol

What shithole bars do you go to that don't have at least 10 beers on tap?

It's more common than you think

I think you're missing the point. I can't imagine a bar having one single beer on tap. The bartender would immediately ask for clarification on which beer you want, unless you specifically told him you don't care.

>Current year -1 +1
>Why must others continue to hold bothersome taste preferences that I do not?

Significant autism detected. Is your wife actually your caretaker?

In other countries it's very common for a bar to have a basic beer they will give you if you just ask for a beer. It's not that they only have one.

A lot of places will just assume you want the cheapest tap or bottle and hand you a Bud or Coors.

>A millennial
We're into specific craft beers stop throwing that insult around if you don't even understand the stereotype

>always order everything by brand
Most people at bars here aren't there for good drinks. Only numales would get uppity about their beer or booze in a regular bar.

>"Une Blonde Roger s'il te plaît"
>Roger then proceeds to pour me the cheapest blond beer available.
Et voilà-

The house red? Do you even know what the house red is? Are you even an expert on wine? Because, if you're not, I don't know on what basis you venture to order it.
I saw you here last week. I saw you drinking your soup. I saw you blowing and slurping and dunking your bread. We all saw you. We were watching you on the monitors in the kitchen and we all thought you were a dick.

>not living in glorious franconia in germany getting beer from the brewery's own pub
>not having 36 breweries many older than silly america with several good beers around you
>thinking fucking hipster craft beers

i have nothing than pity for you

>I only order decent belgium ones
>belgium
>decent

wow...no words

Those breweries will be shutting down soon so enjoy them while you can and learn to Homebrew if you are an alkie who needs to be drunk

Do amerilards really not do this?

Are you 40 or 15 and what the fuck are you doing here?

Piss off.

>walk into a bar and ask for a lager
>get delicious Yuengling

i sure am enjoying it, americuck. no worries.
sorry, this isn't fucking lardland where we drink the national pisswater. closing down for more than one or two is more far away than you from culture.

>Muh safe space for millennial retards

Jokes on you I'm a boomer. Kindly stick to your picklejerk threads

If you're 60 and spend your time in this shithole I'm pretty sure the joke's on you.

>tv show doesn't want to endorse any particular beer
>op can't suspend his disbelief for something so minor

They will all be shutdown to please your replacements

How long have you had this obsession with America and have you sought help for it?

>bringing political nonsense you read on /pol/ to a beer thread on Veeky Forums because you don't know what to say
i am struck by your arguments, i applaud you

Sorry if i hurt your feelings, but don't worry, the pisswater syndrome is huge out of the usa, too.

she can be both

>he goes to a restaurant where cameras watch you dine

>underage detected
when a customer ask for anything non-specific, then it's understood that they want the cheapest thing. In the case of beer, it means the cheapest thing on tap served in a pint glass.

>He isn't bros with the bartender who knows your go to brew

Beta cuck

>tfw living in America and have several good breweries within a 15 minute drive from my house
>they all have their own bar that usually also has great food
>no shitty meme beers brewed with fruit loops and candy canes, just well made ales, stouts, etc
I feel bad for my fellow Americans who don't live in a city with any good breweries, and only know the taste of pisswater macrobrews.

"house red" is a euphemism for the cheap red that they buy in bulk

You forgot the part where he's served instantly, and no money is ever exchanged. Otherwise, yeah.

This always bugs me movies/tv. I'm completely baffled by these replies claiming this is okay. Even if you were somewhere where the bartender doesn't stand there looking at you like you're an idiot, why would you be okay with getting served their house beer? Totally insane and ridiculous.

That's gross. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

Not him, but all the Germans I have asked have all whined about the influx of minorities and refugees. Never even been to /pol/. I just asked how the country was out of curiosity to compare to my own.

I bet you don't know what a well shot is, either.

look mein freund, I'm swiss and your decent beers come from bavaria. edelstoff for example. so yea, thanks to the crippling Reinheitsgebot you perfected pilsner, but that's it. with all other sorts of beer, belgiums are the best. no need to be mad.
still pretty cute that you think your beers are special

They still have a standard beer if you say you want a beer though. At least in Europe they do.

Do you also play with your fidget spinners while spelling out the name of your regular beer order?

Beer tastes way better than wine

I don't know which state this is

>be bartender
>customer says, "gimmie a beer"
>give him the most expensive beer on tap

Literally 90% of your beers taste like literal horse piss.

Imagine going into a "getränkemarkt" and only seeing shit beers stapled in crates with a few highlights in between. Still only pilsener though.

Imagine going into a bar, being able to only order a pilsener or weiss bier from one brand. Then hopping to another bar, either have the same choices of another brand that taste fairly similar or the same.

That's Germany for you, my friend. Some very good pilsener, some very good weiss bier, but that's it.

While in Belgium you have a wide arrange of different beers with different tastes arranging from very bad to very good. And everywhere you go you can get that wide arrange of choice.

Ive always found a bit of comfort in this, sure its nice have a huge selection of beers, but at the same time just saying pilsner or dunkel is enough.

Would sir care to see the manager?

>visit germany
>all beers come in 0.5l bottles
>and 0.5l bottles only
>choose between an infinite variety of piss-coloured slightly carbonated wheatwater or cloudy piss-coloured vaguely carbonated wheatwater
>choose between 5% strength and 5% strength
>leave empty bottles next to trashcans so the pensionless elderly don't have to dig them out
>donate empty bottles to beggars in subway stations
>tip the beneath-the-povertyline microjob bartenders with empy bottles
>never even get drunk
at least you have that cheaper-than-vodka vodka-like thing called "korn", that stuff's passable

wine is the second shittiest kind of alcohol (the shittiest is champagne). it tastes like vomit

I hope to god you go to Ireland or England and get your shit beat in at a pub.

Depending where you live there might be a default. A lot of bars either stock Coors or Budweiser, so asking for a beer will always get you one of those. Some places default to a local beer. For example, In parts of New Jersey asking for a beer gets a Yuengling, In parts of Maryland asking for a beer gets a Natty Boh.

I am a millenial, yes. But asking for a beer is not wrong you complete and utter fucking nigger.

kek

It's a reference you memes

That's not true. You'd look like an ass asking for "a beer."

In Spain it was often amstel. Just ask for a cervesa and get a delicious lager. Good deal.

>Harry Potter reaction image
>completely irrelevant part of a story unless you're in a beer ad
>"HA HA! LOOK AT THAT TV FAG! HE DOESN'T NAMEDROP BEER LIKE HE'S IN A COMMERICAL!"
millennial beta soyboy: the post.

>not having the waitstaff/barman asking you if you'd like your beer
plebs, the lotta ya

*39- *22.

>go to millenial bar inhabited by the soi-est of boiz
>at least they have good beer
>order a hefeweizen
>comes in a fucking wine glass
>leave without paying

What the fuck is this? Pennsylvania?

San Miguel is not a delicious lager

I can pee in a bucket and tell him it's beer

OP is a faggot who never heard of beer on tap and can't process basic things like fixed measurements (a glass of beer is the default 33cl) which means that if you go to a bar and ask for a beer, you get tap beer in a 33cl glass. Fucking idiot OP.

>american beer

underage flyover soyboy kys

Belgium has the best beers in the world, while you have the shittiest piss.

David, is that you?

Almost always served amstel. That's what even the bus and train stations had on tap.

>ordering brands

what are you, an alcoholic? just order a fucking beer and let it be a fucking surprise if you have to. what a faggot

does being a certain age on Veeky Forums really make you less of a loser than everyone else here?

kids think this is some kind of a supah sekreet klub

But they don't get very expensive relative to domestic

>tfw regular at a pub
>can ask for a beer and they know what one to give me
>half the time I can just walk in and by the time I sit down they already have the beer open and waiting for em

>character on TV walks into a bar
>"Gimme a beer"
>luckily the bartender actually knows his job and can assume by just one look at your whiny soy-face, that you prefer a glass of piss

OP hasn't actually been to a bar

It's perfectly fine doing that.

If they ask what kind, you answer. Otherwise you get whatever is their standard

100% normal in Europe

Mate, thats perfectly normal. Every region has it's standart beer and beer size and they will give you that standart beer in the standart beer size.

>Obviously just a device used to avoid saying copyrighted brand names

>Not flipping the script and getting paid to product place bud lite lime©®

Why is this "Outside of /b/"™?

You want a beer you get the cheapest shit on tap. There you go.

>See that the bar only has Bombay and Tanqueray
>Order a Gin & Tonic and ask if they have Beefeater

A small bar can't have 10 beers on tap, you need to be in a city AND have a large flow of beer hipsters to not have to throw away the majority of your beer that way.

A small bar in continental Europe will a lot of the time have only one beer on tap, a Pilsner. In the UK they'll need Ales too.

You want a Pepsi pal you're gonna pay for it!

A tab is a thing in many places

>being too poor to pay on the spot

>tfw living in America and have several good breweries within a 15 minute walk from my house

>a glass of beer is the default 33cl
jesus christ amerikkka is weird

UK guy here, many bars will just give you whatever shit they have abundance of, it's certainly not that unusual for people to ask just for beer - but expect anywhere that has a moderate selection to specify - even then just saying house gets you something usually

Why would you say house? Does someone live at the bar?

I'm sorry, what happened to the friendly Australian waiter that was here last week?

I used to drink lionshead a lot when I lived down there

The house red usually just refers to a pretty cheap red wine sold by the glass.

I think it's more about convenience for most people.

It's called the house red because it's the wine that lives at the restaurant. Ergo, it's the wine's house. House red.