>3 eggs
>half cup, full milk
>1tsp chives
>salt/pepper to taste
>handful, smoked bacon lardons
>1/2 chopped tomato
>1/4 red onion
>1 cup grated red cheddar

any suggestions on how to improve this recipe? I sometimes add a little hot sauce while cooking, but that's really it.

also, how dos Veeky Forums like it's eggs? scrambled, poached, fried?

Use tomato paste so you don't add more moisture. Use a tablespoon of cream, not milk, per egg to not add more moisture.

I either cook them fast on high heat or on the lowest setting the stove can go, breaking up the curds periodically with a fork. Normally I would add butter but you already have bacon and a lot of cheese.

fuck. this is sagely advice, I always end up having to overcook because of the extra moisture from tomatos and milk. this is a game changer user, thank you

that is a lot of milk!
If i make scrambled eggs. I add a Tablespoon of water max. and thats it. salt and pepper after they are done
usually fried in lard, over easy

>>half cup, full milk
NO LIQUIDS

This recipe is for a shitty omlette, not scrambled eggs

you're right about the milk! I'm switching to cream as per suggestions from dam, I could have mine that plain, I love to experiment and add lots of different things, it makes breakfast more fun for me

yeah, it's a bit of a hybrid desu

eggs are my favorite food and I wouldn't be mad if there was a ton of sauteed onions and mushrooms on my eggs. but I'm simple when it comes to eggs.
I just had a couple for dinner. I cut up a english muffin and toasted it in the toaster. buttered it and put a slice of american cheese on top of the the bottom one. then fried a few pieces of left over ham from last weeks dinner and put that on the cheese. and put an over-easy egg on the ham and one on the side of the sandwich.
the seasoning was just salt and pepper. when the eggs where done I cut the yolk to add a little more salt to just the yolks and stirred it around a little.
now eating that is fun to me

shit, that took me on a journey. sounds 10/10 would try

A good way to reduce moisture in tomatoes is to put the pieces on a paper towel, sprinkle with salt, and leave them for 10-15 mins.

thanks user, I'll take that under advisement. I'd rather keep them part of the recipe, than switch them out for the tomato paste, if possible.

my favorite thing to eat with/in eggs is asparagus

Y'know i've never even considered it, should I parboil them beforehand? fry them first? or add them after the eggs have begun cooking?

if you're wanting it with your scrambled eggs, I would boil it then put it under the broiler for a few minutes or saute to put on some color. yeah and add them before the eggs are done
asparagus is really good in regular spaghetti with red sauce too.
also spinach is good with both eggs and spaghetti dishes. I like fresh baby spinach

>red cheddar
wtf is this

gastronomical jazz, baby

Good scrambled eggs ARE a shitty (french) omelette

Cheddar with natural dye in it. An old-fashioned way to make a cheese stand out within a regional rivalries. See: Red Leicester.

on the off chance this isn't a troll, half a cup of milk is infinitely too much
chives, fine
salt/pepper yeah
bacon fine
tomato will make it more liquidy but that's personal
that's a shit ton of red onion
1 cup of cheddar is enough for an entire midwest tater tot casserole or something

what exactly are you trying to make here?
if it's a egg casserole you're gonna need a dozen and a half eggs, not three

I was thinking the same thing. This guys' "scrambled eggs" is some kind of egg and veggie dish.
My recipe: eggs, s&p, half can of spam or whatever veggies you like. Butter in the pan.
And do not over cook the eggs! Remove from pan just before you think they are done

>>half cup, full milk

Bad enough that you're scrambling them, but damn I want to slap the piss out of all the retards who do this

>whokesome ck

Thanks for reminding us it exists

Don't add milk. Don't cook all that extra shit with the eggs. This is scrambled eggs not a stew.

Eggs and butter over low heat. Stir constantly with a spatula. Keep in mind that the egg will keep cooking after removing it from the pan. Spice to taste and add garnish afterwards.

>butter
fatty detected

>chives
for fucks sake, do americunts know there are other herbs othen than chives?
dill compliments eggs way more.

I'm a purist when it comes to scrambled eggs. Just a decent amount of butter in the pan, let it come to a bubble while I whip the eggs with a fork, add the eggs to the pan, and cook over gentle heat, occasionally stirring up the curds until they're almost cooked, remove from heat so they don't overcook (by the time they get from the pan to the plate, they're perfectly cooked), plate, and sprinkle with some flake salt. Served with good toast. An ultimate example of simple perfection.

>perfection
salt on top, none in the egg. no pepper, too?
>perfection
>perrrrfection...
yeah, no.

You don't need to add salt while it cooks, or pepper. Eggs aren't bland. Some nice flake salt on top is just the right amount to season and add another texture. Unless you're eating such a big pile of scrambled eggs that the salt on top would never mix in while you eat. Are you the size of a barge?

You people put all that shit in your scrambled eggs? Have I been doing it wrong this whole time? I just whisk the eggs and cook them with butter and that's it.

>2 eggs
>whisk eggs together in medium bowl
>microwave 30 second on high
wa la

here's your (You)

that's the proper way. this shit is the retarded american way.

SeeNot everyone is fucking overdramatic with their cooking.

>wa la

You people do realise it's "Voila", right?

Welcome, I hope you enjoyed your first day!

holy shit go the fuck back to /r/Veeky Forums or wherever the fuck you came from