What's your favourite Italian grating cheese?

What's your favourite Italian grating cheese?
Do you feel Pecorino Romano, Grana Padano, and Parmigiano-Reggiano can be used interchangeably?

Romano from the farmer's market. The last one is for finishing fresh pasta and stuff like that. If you are baking with it or like adding it to meatballs you can use cheaper stuff.

I'd rather grate a bullet into the roof of my mouth

>Liking anything from goombahland

Then do it instead of talking about it, fuckwit.

The best thing about you dripped down your mother's ass crack

*spits in your mouths*

are cheese connoisseurs normally this hostile?

Oy vey

to grate over, yes. in a recipe, it depends on the application but when I cook specific dishes from Italy I like to use the local cheeses. my favorite would probably be pecorino. also comte is based

i love chicken permission. so i'll say that.

no, can't be used interchangeably, but I would bet that a lot of things that taste good with one would taste fine or good with another. It'll have a distinct taste, but that might be what you want in certain situations. But romano vs parmigiano are going to create a very different taste grated over pasta, for instance.

>my favorite would probably be pecorino
I'm meaning to tell you this in a nice way because otherwise you might look stupid in the real world. Pecorino just mean's sheep milk cheese, so "romano" (or whatever) is necessary when referring to a specific cheese.

>I'm meaning to tell you this in a nice way because otherwise you might look stupid in the real world. Pecorino just mean's sheep milk cheese, so "romano" (or whatever) is necessary when referring to a specific cheese.
How's life on the spectrum?

>get corrected nicely
>HURR DURR YOU HAVE AUTISM
next time I'll just reply with ">thinking pecorino is a specific type of cheese" and leave it at that

They're not the same but can be used interchangeably so long as your tisms don't get in the way.

Select the cheese based on the region of the dish.

If it's just some pasta and maybe a little oil or butter, I like the Romano. Cacio e pepe is 2ez for a quick weeknight dinner.

Pecorino is so damn good, I can't resist eating it before I grate it.

For me its got to be the Reggiano. Normally pick up a chunk cut fresh from a wheel at a market on the weekend. I love the sharpness and deep flavour. Goes great with charcuterie or over a range of hot foods. Occasionally use some of the crust in a stew.

I never bother getting a chicken's permission, I just pretend like there's implied consent.

Same here. If they like me enough to eat seeds from my hand, I know they're down for some tender cloacal penetration.