MSc electrical engineering and BSc in math

>MSc electrical engineering and BSc in math
>27 years old, only worked full-time in my field for 2 years
>only passionate about potato chips, not engineering
should i just quit and start a micro-chipsery instead?

>only passionate about starchy hyperbolic parabaloids
What do you find so fascinating about the humble chippy

those chips look great, do you know if they're import-friendly?

they're regular kettle chips

no the bag I mean. It's very aesthetic.

Just make money for a couple of years so you'll have a buffer. Then follow your dreams.

This is the best advice.

those chips are goat-tier

if you make a micro-chipsery and they taste better than that pls hire me

t. also in engineering with no passion for it

Iktfb. I did comp sci, I've worked in the industry for almost two years, but I don't like it and I wish I could just spend all day cooking. I don't want to be poor though, so I just try to ignore my interests as much as I can.

Kock, jobbat på samma ställe i snar 7 år nu, funderar på sadla om. Göra chips vore coolt. Säg till om du är seriös.

>he doesn't have a doctorate

What a fucking pleb

make extra thick ripple cut. Ogrady's in the 80's. its the only thing we dont have. waffle cut are good, of course. the pringles technology was developed by science fiction writer gene wolfe. come up with a new chip.

>but I don't like it
Genuine question: if you don't like the field, why did you spend 4 years studying it?

You should escalate your interest in chips. Look into industralizing the process. You will have to do this part time and keep your full time job, for now. You will have to figure out a way of bagging them and keeping them fresh, but this should be a well documented process. The real problems will be in getting whatever permits you will need to do this in a sanitary and legal way. And you will have to figure out a good nitch to fill. You will probably have to get in good with some neckbeard breweries and sandwich shops. I'm drunk and I'm talking out my ass. Ignore me.

That is a dumb question

>he isnt a proffesor
nothin personnel kid

Explain it to me.

Not him or OP but I did Comp Eng in college just because I was told it would lead to a good job. While I do make decent money now, I'm miserable every day having to work on shit I give zero fucks about. I guess it's better than getting dabbed on by STEM fags while being poor and having an even shittier job.

start turning a profit selling micro-chipsery before you quit your job

So you make good money, but you hate your job, you have no interest in your work, and you're completely miserable.

What does interest you?

Do you think he worked as an engineer in high school?

Yeah, I suppose that is an issue. Though the advice I heard was finding a middle ground between what you like and what pays best, so there's that.

Because it sucks the least

Wait, do Americans really call crisps as chips? laugh out loud

Look OP, it all comes down to dedication. If you're willing tosacrifice a lot for your passion, then do it. I know an electrical engineer who quit and now has his own winery. On the other hand, if you dont know the answer to my question, then keep pushing on. Because I also know an IT engineer who quit to start her own coffee roastery, and it's down to fuck if not already bankrupt.

Not him but I’m in a similar position. It’s about accepting that sometimes dreams don’t pay the bills. I’m not a huge fan of my work but my coworkers make it enjoyable enough and I make mad dosh to do all the shit I want on the side. Could be much worse

Because it's a field that still has jobs available

What's your favorite chip?

nigel...

This is such a non-existent problem.

Middle class jobs are hard as fuck to get. Sure unemployment is technically low, but only if you're willing to live like an animal on the poverty line.

yes