Food Budgets?

yesterday, some guy on another board was saying he spent 400 dollars a month on food. It was fucking ridiculous and other anons started posting their budgets.
So I wonder, what does the cooking board spend per month on food and on what?
I spend from 200 to 300 a month at the grocery store getting food and other household stuff that's needed for me and my wife. That's including getting takeout or going out to eat every once in a while. Not sure how much I actually spend on food, but it'd be much less if I didn't buy soap, toilet paper, and whatever.

How much soap do you eat?

I spend around 300 to 400 dollars per month on food. Almost all of that is groceries, with maybe $20 from eating out. It could be much lower, but I like seafood, relatively expensive fruits, etc.

Nyc(even the outer boroughs)+food for gains= about $70 a week on groceries

It depends on the season but i try to keep it close to 100. I have roomates so we buy a lot and split the bill. It makes for a lot of variety.

????
I spend 600 a month on food

>relatively expensive fruits, etc.
this kills.
I stopped buying avocados when they went over 80c per. Also avoid blueberries that are over 2.50 for one of those containers. What are you buying, cherries?

Are you eating a lot of beef? 97% beef is 5 dollars a lb and what I always get.

Roommate and his gf do $40-50 a week for groceries but he's skinnyfat and she's fat fat. They also buy a lot of capri sun, snack foods and whatever. Also do curry, chicken, pasta whatever
I hate grocery shopping so I sporadically buy cans of soup, frozen cancer food and ramen. The Kroger across town has better clearance bakery stuff. Frozen vegetables and chocolate soymilk if im feeling fancy. Drink a lot of tea. Anywhere from 20 to 60 a week depending. Unfortunately that's not counting meals out which is a habit Im trying to kill
If youre interested in budgeting I've heard that for groceries it's best to go by $ per week instead of per month for some reason i forgot.

>>relatively expensive fruits, etc.
>this kills.

I just don't buy. There really is no cheap fruit.

You can make delicious food at minimum cost of whole produce, meats, as long as you aren't meme-buying the organic variety. You just can't treat fruit the same way. All I see is $$ signs if I see a plate of fruit. It's unfortunate, because it's the best stuff. I get craving for something sweet and short and a fruit smoothie would be perfect, but it'll easily cost up to $5 a day doing that (approx $2.50 a sizable serving)

Still being one of the bigger bites into the food budget, I've settled on cheap juice blends, getting the sweet fix + vit C.

approximately 400 a month for my wife and I, including toiletries. We average 80-100 a week at the store. The 100 side of things is a week when we need paper products/misc household items.

My wife and I are about $600/month for the two of us.

£160 a month including drinks and toiletries

I really enjoy fancy nuts. Pistachios, cashews, and macadamias are my favorite.

Unfortunately I can't buy them all the time otherwise I'd be homeless.

$30/50 a week. I eat the same thing for breakfast (eggs and oatmeal) and switch it up for dinner, so the bulk of my costs come from fresh veggies, meats, and cheeses

150-200 about a week. Washington D.C. I'm a neet. I go to the farmer's market every weekend.

My budget is $600 a month. I'm a single male who has too much disposable income and very few expenses so I buy all of the organic shit at my supermarket. Really could give no fucks because I still save like 30-50% of my paycheck.

as much as it takes to grate on the toilet paper to season it

i'm one person, i spend a hundred a month on food and i eat pretty much whatever i want.
beer is something like two hundred bucks so....total grocery bill is about three h.

I eat work provided food so maybe $50 a month max.

300/month. Wait, are we including alcohol? 700/m. For 1...

About $120 a month. Stop buying soda, junk food, and alcohol. That will probably drop your costs significantly.

My budget/spending fluctuates with the time of year, ranging from $100/month to maybe $600. During the tourist season I make beaucoup bucks between commission and tips, and have a combination of more money and little time, thus I eat out a lot. In off-season I have more time to cook and less dollary-doos to spend and so cook at home almost exclusively.

>pic related, average dinner during the lean times

One of the things I've tried to work on is pantry building and bulk staples so I don't to make as frequent trips to the store.
The more I go to the store, the more likely I am to buy something unnecessary.

that's a wicked good dinner and makes you actually worthy to post on Veeky Forums unlike a lot of these losers

Here are our weekly averages for me and my wife, both vegetarian:

Beer: $30
Wine: $50
Groceries: $80
Eating out: $40

That's one meal out btw. So about $800 a month. San Francisco prices are high, but we do spend on some nice cheeses and wines.

$200-$240 on groceries only per month

How is the trout cooked and what's on the bread? Looks wicked brother

It's smoked mackerel, actually. The other stuff is just cucumber, tomato, Polish mustard, and dill. Pic related was breakfast the next day: basic mackerel hash over rice. All proof that plebeian food can be tasty.

I spend about $80 a month on food and only eat on the weekends.

Thank you for posting lettuce cat. Good luck on eating out less.

No clue how much exactly, must be 150-200

Since moving out I have barely bought any soda or candy, I do buy dark chocolate I guess, but that stuff lasts 3 days on average, while even the biggest bag of m&ms will only last a few hours and make me feel sick.

I don't get why you wouldn't buy fruit tho. Bananas are really cheap and you can also get cheap apples if you're not too picky. I've started eating one kiwi a day + an apple or a banana, because I realized I might not be getting enough vitamin C, and fuck oranges desu.

I spend like 30$ a month on food. I grow a lot of my own shit (hurr durr not possible wah wah wah, fuck you I live in a crackerbox apartment) and just buy a lot of bulk goods that last for months like rice and flour and shit.

for how many people? i just buy for myself and spend 120 maximum, usually just spent 30 a week

literally jut spent 150 for a month plus worth of food

7 singles of oui yogurt
loaf if 21 grain Dave's bread
12 chicken quarters (drum and tight)
7 navel oranges
2 lbs roll of Amish butter
14 pack of probiotic drink
24 pack of water
1lbs of black forest ham
24 eggs
1 gal of 1% milk
6 bags of pop corn
1lbs of roasted peanuts
3 pears
6 packs of bidseye frozen proton blend
4 cup of frozen butternut squash
2 pints of ice cream
2lbs of grapes
2lbs of carrots
1 pack of trident gum
4 fish steaks
sack of onions
sack of potatoes
sack of apples

I supplement thus with my buckets if dry beans and Jasmine rice, medium grain and brown rice i buy in bulk.

maybe around 150$ per week for a family of 4
not including restaurant only groceries
canadian $

if you have the money to spend (and time) go to your local farmers market much better

We're about the same, in north east ohio. Where do you live?

I can do $130 a month with $40 on the first trip for sauces and a bag of rice/pasta/potatoes and $30 each week after

>tfw I spend 500-600 CAD every month on takeout
>Still buy groceries but throw them out a week later
I hate myself

nigga u pathetic
u also probably fat

Where you at? let me come and take your groceries pls

About $300 every month. So, $75 every week. How are you guys paying less than $200 a month? I do mostly groceries (only eat takeout about once a week), buy bulk brown rice, eggs, chicken, potatoes, what am I doing wrong?

55deg north up in Canada

Probably has more to do with our food choices / lifestyle than the price of stuff up here. We both worth more than full time hours, so we eat out more than usual and when we cook at home it's usually not that cheap - decent amount of meat, good cuts, etc. Fruits and vegetables are pretty expensive though, probably 4x the prices that I see advertised in most of the states.

I'm also in Massachusetts btw, if that affects why my grocery prices are so high.

well you're not wrong. I can't cook for shit and when I do, it doesn't taste as good

nah, I don't hang around with poorfags

About $900/mo including beer.

Brooklyn, cook almost every day and eat mostly vegetable matter. Spend about $40/week to feed two at least two meals a day. But I'm a particularly thrifty bastard.

When I started cooking (a couple of months ago) I spent a massive shitload on groceries. Mostly it was spent on one-off sauces or ingredients etc for very specific dishes, or recipes that caught my attention because I was literally ravenous and wanted to cook everything I read about. I think I spent at least $150 per week on groceries, including some alcohol, for a few weeks. Then I started getting tired of cooking completely new meals every single day and honed in on a few good ones that i enjoyed and were easy to make. I still cook new recipes but maybe once a week or so, not every day. Also, I live downtown in a big city and was shopping at expensive places like Whole Foods.

>ne ohio

I spend a maybe 2/3rd of that and am also there, what do you typically buy?