Osso Bucco

I'm thinking of preparing this dish for a dinner party.

Never made it before. Any tips / tricks?

also I'm gonna dress and act like Hannibal
youtube.com/watch?v=4cXfK68_ZPA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ERf2QUejG0c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I make it a lot, but I use beef and red wine rather than human/white.
I don't really have any good tips, though. It's practically impossible to fuck up.

do all of the cooking in one dutch oven. salt and pepper discs, dust discs in flour, oil dutch oven and brown on medium-high heat, and set aside. you can use kitchen string to tie around them before browning so they keep their shape, but it's not really necessary.
finely chop 1 large onion, 3 carrots, 2 celery stalks, 4 cloves garlic. melt 2 tablespoons butter in same dutch oven. add veg and saute for 7 minutes or so until starting to brown and soften.
layer shank discs over bed of veg flat side down in single layer. add about 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, sprinkle 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary, thyme, and oregano over discs.
add 1 tablespoon tomato paste and 1 14 oz can crushed tomatoes over meat/in between the spaces of the discs. you could add 1/4 or 1/2 cup red wine here if you want. not necessary, though. pour in enough beef or veg stock to fill spaces between the discs and come up to just barely touch the top of the discs. don't submerge them entirely.
cover with tight fitting lid and cook for 4 hours at 325 degrees F, check liquid level every hour. if it's down add more stock to reach 3/4 up to top of discs.
serve discs over bed of couscous and lightly garnish with minced parsley. fool proof once you do it a few times.

don't use human

use human

>serve discs over bed of couscous

not really my thing, I will probably serve it over mashed potatoes
anyways, solid recipe

>serve discs over bed of couscous
op didnt mention being gay
>mashed potatos
Disgusting.
Risotto.

It's "osso buco" not bucco, shitters

you need to brown the shanks much more than he did in that vid. deep carmalization is what sets it apart from just braised meat. deglaze with sherry and cognac. put the most vegetables over the meat so that it releases juice over the meat and keeps it from drying out. gremolata is recommended.

Quality post, user. Really added something there

It's "ossobuco" not osso buco, shitter

I mean it's true

Whatever, I just wanted to say "bucco" doesn't mean anything, "buco" does.

saffron rice.
serve with gremolata for a nice sharp contrast.

Yep, take the time to make a proper risotto Milanese. Stir in some of the bone marrow from the osso and make sure you've got proper saffron.
And don't forget to top with gremolata using the freshest moistest garlic you can find.

its one of the easiest dishes ever, youll do just fine

That's Le Chiffre

youtube.com/watch?v=ERf2QUejG0c

is cooking in clay the biggest meme or is it actually worth it?

it literally is not

It is unless you like to mangle words
or rather like pointed out it's ossobuco, not osso bucco.

>mashed potatoes
>risotto
>rice
Creamy polenta for fucks sake

>polenta

You're meant to serve it with risotto milanese you philistines.