Ok, your favorite hummus recipes, nothing fancy, simple, straight forward, easy, tasty...

Ok, your favorite hummus recipes, nothing fancy, simple, straight forward, easy, tasty. I'm bored and willing to try to make something new.. And I don't have sesame paste, as I read it's needed, but I do have sesame seeds... Maybe make it, use them since other way?

When I make it at work, it's without sesame paste since we don't have it. It tastes good even without it. What I use is

Chickpeas (obviously)
Canola oil
Cumin
Parsley
Garlic
Paprika
S&P
Possibly some honey

Taste your way to a good result.

>no tahini
try again achmed

This doesn't sound kosher at all.
I'll ask at Temple tomorrow.

Durkastani here.
Wash your hands very well.
Take 100g cooked chickpeas, drained, and put them into a towel.
Rub gently between the towel to loosen their skins for easy removal.
Empty the towel contents into a bowl and add water; the skins will float for easier removal (stir the chickpeas to get skins which may be under them loose and floating).
Drain the water.
For homestyle, chunky hummus, mash the chickpeas between your fingers and set aside.
Grate or pound as much garlic as you'd like.
Whip garlic, 2tbsp olive oil, lemon juice (or vinegar) to taste, salt to taste, 1tbsp white sesame paste and a handful of freshly chopped parsley into the mashed chickpeas then serve.
For smooth, store-bought style, place all ingredients but parsley into a food processor and blitz smooth thin stir in the parsley.
For Israeli style, swap white sesame paste with toasted. Ick.
For 'I'm out of sesame paste; what do???' style, swap out sesame paste for a half tbsp of smooth, preferably sugar-free peanut butter and about 1tsp (up to a half tbsp) of toasted sesame oil, whipped together.

I don't recommend hulling and grinding sesame yourself. It's a pain in the balls to do it.

If it doesn't count as hummus without tahini, fine. I'll just call it chickpea paste.

Use mayo and a pinch of sesame oil as a substitute for tahini. Most people couldn't care less.

Haven't used any special recipes, just the super classic one with maybe more chili because I like it.

They always use a shit ton of oil and it doesn't even taste that good. Take those 5 minutes (plus resting time) and make some yourself, it's really good.

bring chickpeas to simmer
throw in food processor with half the liquid
add some lemon
add some tahini
add some salt
process
adjust flavors and or liquid level (it will thicken with chilling)
refrigerate
top with olive oil and paprika

Google it faggot. Hummus is dead simple.
>1 can of chick peas, drained with the liquid reserved
>1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil, don’t skimp on this get the good stuff
>1/2 cup of tahini, do not substitute or leave out if at all possible, it’s just not the same without it. You could add whole sesame seeds and extra oil, but like I said it’s not the same.
>2 cloves of garlic
>2 teaspoons salt and pepper each
>1 teaspoon cumin
>juice of one lemon, actually juice a real lemon don’t be lazy
Put the chick peas, olive oil, garlic, and tahini in a food processor. Blend it all up until it’s smooth and thick, adjusting the consistency with the reserved chick pea liquid. Add the salt, spices, and lemon juice, then stir until combined. Done.

How long does it take to make garbanzo beans without a pressure cooker?

>live in Hong Kong
>only hummus available is the shitty Australian-branded stuff
>no tahini so I cant make it myself
why live?

if you have the sesame seeds you can just make the tahini yourself.

Toast the seeds, put them in a food processor and make an emulsification with the seeds and some sesame oil. It's just like making peanut butter.

>no tahini so I cant make it myself
why live?

Then kys faggot or make the god damned tahini paste by your self.
>lightly toast sesame seeds on dry pan
>put in food processor
>add oil if needed
>tahini paste done

add zaatar to the hummus

An hour, give or take, at a simmer.

Be sure to peel your chickpeas.

Anyone know the difference between a chickpea and a garbanzo bean?

same thing

Trump never had a garbanzo bean on his chest.

HEYOOOOOO

Dear sand niggers, how to get my tahini liquid again? It say in the fridge for almost a year and now it's solid af and am the oil seperated.