New Tea?

Help me Veeky Forums, I'm burned out on Twinnings English Breakfast tea. What's your daily Tea?

Other urls found in this thread:

adagio.com/signature_blend/blend.html?blend=16853
thespruce.com/how-to-brew-tea-water-temperatures-766316
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here come the tea autists to set OP straight

not OP but I wish to be set straight regarding tea

I drink Tetley/Red Rose stuff and it's kinda sickening

Yorkshire Gold, sometimes hard to find, but good. Second is PGTips also hard to find. In international section of some grocery stores in the US.

Pgtips, is at Wallmart, Vons, Target....

>bags
Do you not have tea shops around?

No

these are pretty good

I'll try Yorkshire gold, the European food store near me probably has it.

Earl Grey is good. Darjeeling as well. You could also branch out and try Oolong, or Jasmine tea. Green tea is pretty basic, but good. I have a thing for Pu Erh but it's not for everybody (very earthy; kinda tastes like roasted dirt and grass). At the moment I am drinking Moroccan Mint tea though.

Not trying to overshadow OP, but I'm looking to get something from Adagio seen as it's free shipping and I want to delve more into oolong's, was looking for a good type to try that isn't too expensive.

>caffiene free

Most herbal teas are

The tea I drink daily can be any of these varieties.
Twinings Earl Grey
Dilmah Green Tea, and with Jasmine flavour
Rooibos
Matcha

I like Lady Grey, Darjeeling and Prince of Whales from Twinings. Earl Grey is drinkable too.

Get the Irish breakfast tea from twinnings, that's my favourite. 'Asam bold' is quite good too, it's strong and flavorful. Currently drinking lipton, it's kinda shit desu.

In the winter I drink bigelow vanilla chai. Best bagged chai IMO.

my dad downs Lipton like it's water, wish he had the same taste in tea as he does coffee

>What's your daily Tea?
Coffee

Beef tea (Bovril)

buy any loose leaf on amazon it's already a massive upgrade over the best bag tea

Found the britbong.

Guilty as charged

I found this cancer when I was looking at sample packs on Adagio.

adagio.com/signature_blend/blend.html?blend=16853

I knew it. I actually wanted to try some since I say James May drink it on Top Gear. Is it just pretty much bullion and hot water?

James May, presumably. I wish it wasn't so expensive to get here in the US because I want to try it

My staple go-to teas are:

Green Jasmine With Flowers
Dragonwell
Genmaicha
Milk Oolong
Lapsang Souchong

Wow, it's a bit more involved than that. I found this recipe on Normiebook.

HOMEMADE BOVRIL
1½ litre of brewer's yeast
1 large onion, diced
2 large garlic cloves
3 large carrots, diced
1 turnip, diced
1½ celery stick, diced
Salt to taste
1. The solution is to wash the yeast. You achieve this by putting the top fermentation in a jar full of water. Eventually the yeast will settle on the bottom of the jar. Pour off the water and fill the jar again with fresh water. Do this several times to wash the yeast. Then follow the recipe below.
2. After you finished washed the yeast, put the brewer's yeast with a little salt, in a bain-marie. Simmer at blood heat, 30ºC to 40ºC for ten hours or overnight.
3. Then simmer this mixture at 50ºC to 60ºC for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Boil now at low temperature of 90ºC for half an hour.
5. Filter the mixture though coffee papers or a sieve and cheese cloth.
6. Let it cool for a day or two. It will separate further.
7. Filter again. You then want to convert it to a paste. This is best achieved by putting it in a large flat pan and simmering, you can simply leave the lid on pan for a few hours. Keep an eye on the mixture.
8. Meanwhile boil up all the vegetables until they are cooked and very soft. Strain off the liquid, pulse into a smooth paste and incorporate it into the Marmite mixture.
9. Further boil the mixture to reduce into a Marmite like texture. Do not allow it to burn: The entire process takes about ten solid days.
*ask your nearest brewery for the top fermentation.
*bain-marie is a hot water bath, preferably one that works with electricity so that you can keep the heat constant. You may use a larger vessel with hot water, but then you must keep an eye on it all the time and adjust the water to keep same temperature all the times.

No, seriously. It's pretty much a good stock cube and water. I add garlic and onion granules because why drink tea when you can drink meat?

Bonus for added sauce and herb of choice, mixed with a spoonful of instant mash. Because why drink meat when you can drink a whole roast dinner?

If you are not a troll, then I will find you and do bad things

Any S E R I O U S tea niggers here?
How do I have proper tea? Is there a huge difference between tea bags and getting the dried stuff? How do I prepare the ultimate tea?

Davidson Earl Grey Loose Leaf Organic. 15 bucks for a pound on amazon, buy the cheap single serve french press for 8 bucks and have tea for half a year.

Yeah, I'd reccomend getting loose leaf tea. You can find it online. Just buy samples and find what you like.
Based on what tea you get will determine how long you steep the tea, and at what temp. Steeping too long or too hot will lead to bitter tasting teas. But it really depends on your tastes, but here's a good guide to steeping tea.

thespruce.com/how-to-brew-tea-water-temperatures-766316

See
I'm too retarded to include the post I was replying too apparently.

I have some yeast extract. Should I add that in as well?

These dumb niggers keep firing offf suggestions, but nobody has told you that water temperature is the single most important element in a great cup of tea. There are charts. Google them. Also don't fall for meme tier shit...stick to the classics until you have half a clue. You can google those as well.

I just did here.

Gonna second this. PG Tips is where it's at.

god tier Berry's irish breakfast.

currently drink Western Family branded tea. I'm not some kind of tea snob so I have no idea how bad it is

Lidls do a good premium tea for about one twenty a box.

this is made from the sweepings off the floor after English Breakfast tea bags have been made.

Avoid.