How are culinary schools in your country?

How are culinary schools in your country?

In my country they try weed out all the anger and hatred from the kitchens. So they pretty much let us do what we want with themes, and team work.

>culinary schools
but why

It's like a trade school you boner

>In my country they try weed out all the anger and hatred from the kitchens
That sounds so retarded it must be from Sweden or some similar extreme left-liberal place

Trade schools are expensive gatekeeping to keep union power structures and tenure in place.

Any jackass dishwasher can be promoted to prep-cook and learn on the job.

Oh I don't know, it seems like they're trying to prepare people for an actual work environment and not a retarded reality show tbqhwy famiglia.

>Oh I don't know, it seems like they're trying to prepare people for an actual work environment

Have you ever actually worked in a professional kitchen, user?

To put it simply, if you have two people with roughly the same qualifications job experience-wise but one is trained at an actual culinary school, he's the one who will most likely be hired. Plus if you're trained at an actual culinary school your employer can be more assured that you'll know how to cook stuff properly, or know what you're talking about when suggesting dishes.

Basically if you're just going to be a line cook forever then sure culinary school is pretty worthless, but if you want to ever be a head chef or heck maybe open your own place it's extremely useful.

>Have you ever actually worked in a professional kitchen, user?
What purpose does being unable to control your temper serve in a professional environment?

>What purpose does being unable to control your temper serve in a professional environment?

No purpose whatsoever.
Now please actually answer my question: Have you ever actually worked in a professional kitchen? You come across as extremely naive about how the industry works.

>No purpose whatsoever.
So what would be the point of reinforcing that type of behavior?

>So what would be the point of reinforcing that type of behavior?
Nothing. Why do you ask? Where did someone advocate reinforcing that behavior?

Oh, and you're still not answering my question, user. Perhaps you forgot? It sure sounds like virgins discussing sex whenever you post.

>Oh, and you're still not answering my question, user.
You still haven't explained how curbing behavior that is detrimental in a workplace is a bad thing.

>It sure sounds like virgins discussing sex whenever you post.
Projecting much?

>You still haven't explained how curbing behavior that is detrimental in a workplace is a bad thing.
I never said it was a bad thing. I think if you can or could curb that behavior it would indeed be a good thing. But, it's also a fucking rediculous premise.

>Projecting much?
Nope. Just trying to get you to respond. You didn't answer the question when asked normally, so I figured that if I explained why I was asking you then you might feel compelled to respond. But at this point it's painfully clear: you are completely ignorant of the industry but are afraid to say as much.

Anyway, while the "let's reduce anger in the kitchen" strategy sounds nice, it's about as practical as trying to drink the ocean dry using a straw.

You guys are both fucking retarded

>But, it's also a fucking rediculous premise.
You still haven't explained how.

> But at this point it's painfully clear: you are completely ignorant of the industry but are afraid to say as much.
Ah, the good old "I can't argue my point so I'll just be dismissive" debate tactic, or rather lack of tactic. Can you make and argue your point in your own words?

My thoughts also

>Can you make and argue your point in your own words?
I tried, but you kept refusing to answer my questions, and instead got off on a tangent with you somehow thinking that I was in favor of workplace violence.

I guess I'll try again:
My point, by user.
My point is that you have no fucking clue how the restaurant business actually operates.
(are we clear? do you understand my point?)
The idea of reducing anger in the kitchen sounds great on paper--and I agree, if it could be done it would be very nice--but is completely impractical in real life, as would be obvious to you if you had any bonafide experience in the industry. It's as silly and naive as saying "why don't we just ban corruption in politics", "why don't people just stop being racist", or "people should stop cheating on each other". The nature of the job attracts the lower tiers of humanity, and a high-stress environment is a breeding ground for anger issues. That problem will never go away, and it's a fool's errand to attempt it. Feel free to try and hold back the tide if you like, but don't think you're going to get anywhere.

>My point is that you have no fucking clue how the restaurant business actually operates.
No, that's what you are trying to use as an argument in favor of your point, your actual point still being unclear. "Training people to work as part of a team is bad"?

>peanut gallery
Goodbye

Culinary school these days is also half business school, right? What with all the training on ordering food, managing staff, payroll, equipment purchasing and maintenance, etc.

>your actual point still being unclear.
I thought it was very clear. I even stated it for you in its own line. I'll repeat it for you again:
>>My point is that you have no fucking clue how the restaurant business actually operates.

>>"Training people to work as part of a team is bad"?
Nope. More like "won't work". "is of vastly insufficient effectiveness", "will get you laughed out of the restaurant", and so on.

I have never workedd in the industry but teverything I have ever heard about cculinary students says that most cooks actively hate them because they often turn out to be arrogant know-nothing shits who lecture everyone else about the correct way of doing things but fail when they actually have to perform on the line.

>My point is that you have no fucking clue how the restaurant business actually operates.
Nah, that's just a go-to when one has no actual argument and is flailing. It has nothing to do with a "extreme left-liberal place" you were talking about, and you still haven't explained how being able to work as part of a team in a professional environment is a bad thing, and you're just evading.

>"won't work". "is of vastly insufficient effectiveness", "will get you laughed out of the restaurant"
Being able to work as part of a team instead of having hysterical outbursts will get you laughed out? Can you elaborate?

>In my country they try weed out all the anger and hatred from the kitchens. So they pretty much let us do what we want with themes, and team work.
Bullshit.

>It has nothing to do with a "extreme left-liberal place" you were talking about
I think you might be confusing me with another poster. I didn't say anything about leftists or liberals.

>>and you still haven't explained how being able to work as part of a team in a professional environment is a bad thing,
That's because I don't think it's a bad thing. I think it's a great--but impossible--thing.

>>Can you elaborate?
Sure. A restaurant kitchen isn't "a professional environment". It's a rough one. Training to work "professionally" wouldn't be of any benefit because it's a total mismatch to the culture involved. It would be like trying to discuss Shakespeare with a class of delinquents....or walking into a rough biker bar and complaining that the music is too loud.

I'm not even sure what else I can possibly tell you. Yeah, it would be nice if everyone got along and behaved in a professional manner. But it's not going to happen. Asking for restaurant staff to behave like professionals is just as unrealistic as asking for politics to be free of corruption. We all might want that, but be know damn well that it doesn't work that way.