New to cooking, reverse seared the steak and sides are from scratch. Biscuits are box mix. How'd I do Veeky Forums?

New to cooking, reverse seared the steak and sides are from scratch. Biscuits are box mix. How'd I do Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GZ4xl7XJM08
thenovicechefblog.com/2017/07/best-creamed-spinach/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

La croix is better than polar
6.5/10

A reverse sear is when you buy pre-seared stake and remove it, idiot.

How'd you make the creamed spinach, I love that shit but have never made it before.

>durrr
If this isn't bait watch this and learn, faggot.
youtube.com/watch?v=GZ4xl7XJM08

>putting butter on steak

Can someone explain this to me? I think it's fucking disgusting

>butter biscuit
>butter on spinach
>butter on steak
Can I get your best butter sketti recipe please?

>all jokes are now called bait
I want off of this timeline.

that's exactly what my steaks look like on the inside when I do the entire thing in a hot pan.

Looks really good. Gonna need a cross section of the st8k though m8.

Use better quality butter. If that doesn't work, get gud because butter is delicious and good for you. Butter, salt, pepper is all you need for a great steak.

Surprisingly easy. Sautee half an onion med heat in butter, add garlic and cream cheese. Take it off heat, add heavy cream, grated sharp cheddar and parmesan. When everything is incorporated, fold in a cooked/drained package of frozen spinach. It was fucking delicious.

I got chu senpai. The other two steaks were closer to mid rare.

thenovicechefblog.com/2017/07/best-creamed-spinach/

>good for you
>butter

This makes less sense than butter on steak

t. 1960's scienshit

What a waste of good steak, tbqh.

Nice. So long as it's not dry it's a-ok in my book. Great job considering you're new. Keep it up yo.

What do you recommend then?

Waste is a stretch; I only order rare/blue steaks when I eat out but this steak was not bad.

Thanks senpai. It turned out better than I expected.

this isn't even medium rare though, that's medium well.

I got chu senpai. The other two steaks were closer to mid rare.

Read the text sperg.

Not putting a god damn lob of butter on a perfectly good steak

Steak should be pure and virgin once it's been cooked, not drowned in sauces/oils/seasoning

Lol what a fag. Butter on steak is fucking amazing

Hope you added some ketchup

Whatever fatty, enjoy dying before you hit 30.

only fags drown their steak in butter. a little bit of herb butter is nice once in a while, but melting chunks on it is retarded

>fat is bad for you

Just because something isn't healthy doesn't mean it's bad for you. Saying butter is "good" for you is as dumb as claiming it's "bad" for you.

What should I put on the steak leftovers sammich? Guide me senpai.

Something along the lines of pic related

I'm getting hungry

Steak cooked nicely, however it looks too wet since you buttered the steak.
3/10

Creamed spinach, nice texture, portion is half the size of the steak, decent amount of spinach
6/10

>Box mix biscuits with steak meal
0/10

Roasted mushrooms
Good choice
10/10

Entire meal...
6/10

Could have at least made a side of steamed vegies for nutrition and some sauce for the steak.

Fucking 4/10 flyover bullshit.

I agree that butter should not be put on steak nor that steak should be drowned in sauces and seasonings but a nice sauce like Diane is amazing with steak.

Day old baguette (toasted)
Stilton
Carmilised onion
Mayo+ grain mustard
Greens of some sort
Radish

Gone be gud

shut the fuck up you fucking faggot
stop ruining steak with your HURRRR NOTHING BUT SALT AND PEPPER bullshit

What's your favorite amount of doneness?

What type of sauce do you recommend? My GF makes peppercorn steak w/ cream sauce, it's pretty good but not what I think of when I want a steak.

Do you mean steak au poivre?

No cognac but yes, it's similar.

>implying i believe in salt & pepper autism

>just because fat is an essential nutrient necessary to eat without dying doesn't mean it's good for you XDDDD

>Just because something isn't healthy doesn't mean it's bad for you.
Yes, it does. It literally means that by fucking definition. The only valid argument is the subjective context at which the statement is true and at which it is false--as when it is given a specific conditional context the statement can be correct or incorrect. The biggest variables for that are usually amount imbibed, time frame, and the specific human's body in question (Most dairy wouldn't be considered healthy for you if it causes you to have diarrhea and an hour of intense gastrointestinal cramps).
However, when you make the statement without the conditional clauses, you instead make a sweeping statement that implies the very item is inherently unhealthy--similar in consistency to arsenic being unhealthy (consistency, not severity), which is unequivocally false.

You are a retard repeating hearsay that you never bothered to properly research.

I usually have Diane or Mushroom sauce but Peppercorn or cream sauce works just as well.
The sauce is usually a taste preference for the individual.

11 is the cutest, 12 is the hottest, 16 is barely legal

And then suddenly women are shit until they reach milf status for mummy sex lessons

You just need a little to baste, anything else is excessive.

>oh god just found out there was some butter in my food
>better go to the hospital, just in case

Pretty good OP. That steak would get you into the bone zone.

Why the braces? Her teeth looked fine.

I agree if you are a new cook don't stop! You have some talent and should use it.

I'd be happy to eat that

sodium is also essential to humans but if you roll up to your doctor and tell them you down 10g of salt a day they're probably gonna make you sit down for a talk

sometimes to prevent them from going to look not fine

>frozen spinach
>boxed biscuit mix

if you're going to phone it in on the sides then don't make them.

>they're probably gonna make you sit down for a talk
>listening to anything a (((medfag))) pirate tells you

Go ahead, I guess, if you like funding other peoples yachts and condos.

That is not medium-well. It is a medium

Fat isn't the issue, cholesterol is.

Oh?

Excessive sodium in the diet is associated with higher blood pressure. Elevated blood pressure from salt consumption has no effect on heart disease, however lower salt intake does reduce blood pressure! Insufficient sodium is associated with high triglycerides, obesity, and type 2 diabetes. We've been playing this game with the saturated fats and dietary cholesterol for a long time. I'm gonna let you in on a little secret: over-consumption of refined sugar is killing people. Salt is fine. Saturated fat is fine. Cholesterol is fine. Sugar is poison.

Thanks Senpai, did receive post meal BJ from the misses.

That's really encouraging, thanks. I've started cooking to deal with stress/decompress after work, so far seems to be helping.

Thank you. Yes, a little more done than I prefer but still enjoyed the meal.

>Veeky Forums shitting on butter on steak
is basting the steak with garlic butter while it is in the pan okay?

Just do what you think tastes good, steak autists are the fucking worst.

Ffs that is almost well done. I hope you like eating leather fuckboy

butter is only bad for you if you're already a lazy fuck not doing shit or working out. fat = energy

what an obnoxious cunt you must be

looks gr8

Do you have a pet goose?

>cook it slow to avoid browning
>this is the result