Everyone goes crazy over avocados

>Everyone goes crazy over avocados
>Every time I have some it just "tastes" like mushy tasteless paste
Why are these popular again?

I have half an 'cado in my fridge, what should I do with it?

It needs some seasoning if eaten by itself. Or use it as a spread type thing to put on other foods. It's still really overrated though.

A squeeze of lemon and some salt and pepper is nice.

Dunno. Potato is better.

Mash with sour cream and salt and chili power. Dip tortilla chips in it

Figured they have a mild taste similar to cucumbers but with a different texture. So... Vitamins and shit, yo.

It's high in fat but also a "vegetable" so it's "healthy"

teehee

It's best used as a condiment. Did you eat underripe avocados like in your pic? Try using mashed ripe avocado in place of sour cream or mayonnaise, it not only tastes much better (for my taste, at least), but is healthier. As with any popular food, there are people who don't like it very much, or even hate it, but that doesn't mean that it's objectively bad.

I have the anti-cilantro gene, but I don't make threads about my dislike for it. I just ask to not have it in my meals in restaurants and don't buy it, and it's never a problem unless I'm eating with a retard who can't comprehend that someone doesn't like a certain food.

>He doesn't know about the differences in mono, poly unsat, and saturated fats.
>even more impressive, he doesn't understand the health effects of different saturated fatty acids
>in the year of our lord two thousand + 17
Fuck these people need to just die of heart disease and stop trashing up the internet.

It's a reddit food. Much like bacon.

I know the difference, which is why I have a quarter cup chia seeds in my breakfast.

>ah yeah, watahs what dem reddit fags drink, I ain't drinking that piss splash
imagine being such a faggot that you won't eat something because someone else from reddit did

Why are people acting like they've just discovered something that's been in most white supermarkets their whole lives? Do they just never spend any time in produce?

found the metastasized damage control redditor

>someone called me a faggot, they must be from reddit waaaaaah
imagine being this much of a delusional faggot - someone should throw an avocado wrapped in bacon at you

awww now it's trying to downvote me how sad :^(

It's spicy if you're a 大豆の少年

Your semen slurping ass seems to know an awful lot about reddit for a faggot using it as an insult - never used it myself, fagmaestro, just taking your word for how it works. Imagine being such a fag, though, that you limit yourself because it's cool to hate something since you can't think for yourself.

>redditor's first false flag
pathetic

try cutting out sugar for a week, then give it a go. it's a lighter flavor that is easily drowned out by a heavy processed, shit food diet.

HyeuuuuuhhhWYTE mans first time trynna cut up sum spicy

Hey look at this awesome Reddit cake I saved it from Reddit, which happens to be one of my favorite sites! Sometimes I tell the sophmores to check out this great site too! Good thing I'm 18, and a Senior in highschool so I may view this humble place~ Wow this cake is so cool I LOVE Veeky Forums! Yo where are the lieks on this bwahaha.

>HyeuuuuuhhhWYTE mans
I guess you missed the nails and the tits, eh?

He is obviously American look again those are the tits of a stagnant tv viewing BOOMER. WAKE UP NEWSFLASH

Because the majority of the people dicking around on Veeky Forums are probably in their 20's and just starting to go grocery shopping for themselves.

This.
People need to lay off the flaming Doritos it mutes the fuck out of natural foods and makes them far from appealing.
I went Keto for a month once as an experiment and also happened to give up smoking around the same time.
cucumbers, tomatoes and bell peppers was like tasting them all for the first time.

They generally need some seasoning. The standard is a sour, a spicy, and a salt. Usually I use lemon juice, grated fresh raw garlic, and salt.

Cut one in half, take out the seed and stick an egg in the empty space left behind, bake till cooked, salt and pepper to taste.

Could you try using it as lube?
Just curious

They're fatty, so they add that profile to whatever they're with, but shouldn't be eaten alone. Treat it sort of like butter.

>why millennials have no savings: the post

>eggs and avocados are expensive

what? those are like two of the cheapest things in the grocery store lol

And you eat it with the skin?

you dig it out with a spoon

Same reason people like butter

There are some varieties you can. I've never seen them at the store tho

Haha this is the cake I made for my cakeday! I never thought someone would save it. Have some gold for your recognition my friend :)

There is a fork right there

Interesting

you can use a fork, but a spoon is easier

Why are avocados popular? Mexican food is very popular right now, and they're pretty common there. Also they're easily spread on toast to create a breakfast item suitable for vegetarians and vegans, so they've popped up on the menus of the kinds of cute little places that do a brisk brunch business. Add to that they're considered a superfood by the kinds of retards who believe in superfoods. Anything that gets labeled a health food gets a moment of popularity as a result.

This. Not to mention that avocado works as a vegan substitute for animal products in many recipes so that gives it a lot of traction too.

It's fat. It's a carrier of flavor. You eat it in combination with other things. You wouldn't eat a stick of butter and complain about your experience. Oh wait I guess you would do that considering that you are mentally challenged

Avocado? Oh you mean bitch butter.

>You wouldn't eat a stick of butter and complain about your experience
>Because avocado is the exact same as butter

>Just ate a cup of flour, its terrible why do people use it
>Just ate a cup of lard, why would people use this its terrible
>Just ate a cup of yoghurt, who the fuck eats this trash
>Just ate a potato like an apple, dont really see the appeal
I could go on, its not that butter is the same exact thing as an avacado. Its that an avacado is more of an ingredient (albeit heavy in fat like butter) than a food

Raw potatoes are perfectly fine to be eaten alone.

Maybe if you're a slav.

I hope this shit stops being such a meme food in the US.
Fucking redditards are to blame for the high prices here in Mexico.

I don't think I am. I can't squat for shit, despise vodka, can't handle cold weather, and don't act like a nigger. But boy howdy, do I love raw potatoes. It's like a perfect apple without the sugary bullshit.

Make guac

i've enjoyed them for 30 years and was always made fun of by everyone for eating "tasteless mush" until literally the last 2 years and the price has fucking tripled

i wish all hipster cocksuckers would die

>price tripled to 80¢ per fruit
Poor people don't eat fruit, quit lying.

I'm not eating them alone, every time I use them in something I just think "I could've just skipped the avocado in this and it would've tasted the same and costed $2 less

yall don't know bout that guac life

Jeb!