Chinese food thread

If you dont like general tso you should die

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vp92BlLLVEI
youtube.com/watch?v=9IZGk_sRF50
youtube.com/watch?v=kL1QbQeB37k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last time I had Chinese take out it made my tummy hurt and had to poop in 20 minutes

It was chicken chowmien and deep fried prawn

I love panda express XD

it wasnt good

is pf changs any good i might go there with my cousin who im fucking tm

Nigga, is that New 1 China?

>all that sauce
No thanks, that's too much sauce.

>No thanks, that's too much sauce.

>No thanks,

>that's too much sauce.

>that's too much

>sauce.

That looks more like what would be called sweet and sour chicken around here. General Tso's should look like this. Note the dried chiles and halfhearted broccoli.

wrong

this is what general tso should look like

>Those small hot spicy peppers
Is there anything better in the universe?

yall bitch ass niggers dont know about the sauce yall don't know how to FUCK

you get you some good thick quality hot sauce like el yucateco and infuse it into that thick sweet tso semen and mix in a giant spoonful of fried rice

a heaping spoonful of this with a piece of chicken, you eat that in front of a 10/10 girl she will literally suck your dick clean off

El yucateco Bro, the fucking black sauce. God's heaven.

Its "Chinese inspired" food.
Do you really think those 3rd world chinks are eating stuff like this daily?
Its very American, which means greatly improved. Call it what it is, American food, based on some Chinese background.

>yall bitch ass niggers
Please from now on say "You'll cowards" instead of that thx

Oh, God, yeah. Drench my deep fried carbs in that sweet sugar syrup.

Can't we all just focus on the fact that we're here for the C H I C K E N ?

I prefer sweet and sour or almond chicken. The sauces come in separate containers at the chinese place I go to, so the chicken remains nice and crisp instead of the breading getting soggy sitting in the sauce on the way home.

my guy. i mix in the xxxtra whenever i order general's. that stuff is like crack.

stop trying so hard

I unironically do. Fight me.

don't project your lame ass on to me.

stop trying so hard

Does anyone know ANYWHERE in LA to get edible General Tso's? Since moving out here I've noticed that these fags only sell Orange Chicken and none of it tastes even close to NY/Philly General Tso's

olives ?

i've lived in both new york city and los angeles before. just wanted you to know

No one does real fried rice anymore. It's always that shit ass awful saffron rice, or whatever that yellow garbage is.

you mean the rice fat mexican women eat that you can buy for like 50 cents a pound costco? i love that

I've been getting really bland Chinese food lately.

God I miss MSG.

Does General Tso's have to be thighs? I swear I've never had a piece that was white meat. Kinda wondered if the recipe specifically called for thighs.

I've only ever used chicken breast and the place I order from definitely uses chicken breast. In fact I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to use thighs because Tso's isn't good unless it's really creamy inside.

I know the feel. Luckily there's one place left really close to me that actually still uses like illegal shit in their foods. Super tasty. They got shut down for health code violations once, though.

It is cheap bastardized versions of expensive foods.

Last time I tried to order a chinky the guy on the phone was relaying my order to someone else. Then it got to the debit card and the guy got sick of relaying the numbers and asked if I could pay cash? I just hung up

you'll ever gone to china town in the LA area and go to that one take out place with a C health inspector rating but every entre is like a buck?

The worse the score, the better the food. That's the rule for Chinese food.

For you

No offense mate, the chilli's are good....but I could think of a metric fuck-tonne of things better than those that are very much obtainable within the universe.

I love them but what the fuck are they?

>General Tso
>Chinese

my general tso always comes out kind of bland and i don't know why
here is the recipe i use for the sauce
1/4 cup chicken stock
2 spoons of sugar
2 spoons rice vinegar
1 spoon hoisin sauce
1 spoon sesame oil
a teaspoon of dark soysauce
and a teaspoon of cornstarch to thicken

had a real a feast this afternoon

That pc image

>Can't figure out the difference between American Chinese and Chinese food

All kinds of dumb. Bet you bitch about Tex-Mex too

what if I dislike him as a tactician? MAny good men died because of his strategic blunders on the battlefield, his delicious chicken notwithstanding

Spicy corn syrup isn't good food
vague meat sticks is the superior choice
is it chicken thighs?
is it pork?

>tfw I have been back to europe since February after half a semester abroad and I still haven't sorted out my pics in order to post the dishes I ate on Veeky Forums

I have so much authentic chinese food on my HDD, goddamn

>pf Chang's
>overpriced
>nasty food
Are you fucking retarded?

I grew out of general tso's. It's not great to begin with plus they make for terrible leftovers.

MSG isn't illegal

do you have autism?

West Coast "Chinese Food"? (They just dump Oyster Sauce on everything and call it a day...).

That's Kung Pau Chicken...

General Tso chicken is for plebs
real patricians get the bbq pork

China view is best local Chinese place

Neither, it's "Teriyaki Beef"
Gotta love going to a "Chinese" restaurant and ordering a "Japanese" appetizer

youtube.com/watch?v=vp92BlLLVEI

I have personally seen chinese food workers siphoning used oil from receptacles in the backs of super markets.
Not saying they all do it but it's turned me off from chinese entirely.

Love me some bbq pork and mongolian beef

That's why you go to the one in the strip mall that they can't jack shit from their neighbors
Also
>mfw I walked around the rear of my nearest chinkie and saw a planted garden right next to the rear exit

Oh they will drive an hour with a few 5gallon jugs and 10 people in a van to get their oil for the month.

So has anyone tried making their own general tso's sauce?
Got a decent recipe for it?

Get on my level. Sichuan duck I ate on Saturday night. Nearly every dish there is drowning in chilli oil. Daddy likey.

I never got into duck, too much fat to meat ratio and none of these small shops can make it properly

inb4 150 comments about white people and obsessing about Americans

pic is absolute garbage

This x1000. Anyone who eats that kind of 'chinese food' is a fucking retard. Looks absolutely disgusting.

panda express taste disgustingly cheap. some of their dishes are very plain tasting. I've had better chinese food at local chinese restaurants. panda express is for faggot plebs like you.

This. And to make matters worse, it's not even cooked to order.

The only thing they make that's decent is their Chicken Egg Rolls, thems tasty

>this afternoon
But it's morning user...

that shit looks gross. no wonder you had to go to the shitter so quick. those sauces are overpowering too. disgusting.

PF Changs once upon a time was the best American chinese food you could get. MBA fuckheads came and reduced portions, quality, and everything else while at the same time raising prices.

Even with all the shit they've done to it its still better than a lot of Chinese places

Chinese food is vastly underrated and under appreciated. Maybe it needs a new name like Tex-mex different from Mexican.
It depends where you are in America, if the reataraunt is good ( even in good areas their are at least 3/10 4/10 crappy Chinese) and where the family originated from.
Much like pizza, America. Chinese food is especially good in nyc/nj. If you want to be a real stickler north Nj is much better than south. I’ve tried at least 5chinese places almost every county just inadvertently over the years in north jersey and I gotta say it’s on average much better than south.
Pork fried rice and chicken wing, boneless spare ribs, general tso chicken , shrimp and broccoli or chicken and broccoli are all the gold standard for chinese. You know it’s good when they have fried plantain too!
A lot of people say the quality isn’t any good but it just depends where you are. This one places used a salamander for the boneless spare ribs and comes out with a fantastic char flavor. The pork, char siu styleish, they used for pork fried rice is cooked under that salamander too and taste very fresh. Bright green onions and plenty of bean sprouts and the pork fried rice taste pretty fresh.
Shrimp in lobster sauce done well is a sign of a highly good Chinese place. A good dollop of soy sauce and your favorite fermented chili oil and it’s elevated.

I have crown fried chicken and local good black fried chicken establishments and while their amazing, good Chinese food places do the BEST hands down fried chicken. Crispier than korean.

I don’t eat it much anymore and would only eat it if it’s good. It’s a shame it’s looked down upon when gyros, crappy pizza, and other low level foods are seen as more fresh.

*westernized chinese food thread

Post some "authentic" chinese food then

there really isn't much of a difference, even the quality in the states is better than you would get in chinaland, stop being a hipster faggot

There is a massive difference between traditional recipes and westernized ones.

>>even the quality in the states is better than you would get in chinaland
Utter nonsense. Both places have everything from shit-tier poverty food to high end megabuck banquet food. Except that some of the really good stuff you can't get overseas due to legal restrictions. Jinhua ham, for example, cannot be imported into the US.

pretty much this.

it seems when they attach a brand to it, it becomes crappy. like dominoes, pizza hut etc the quality of pizza isnt any good. pf changs and panda express are jokes of their own with crappy flavoring. I've had local chinese joints where they make the staple pork fried rice, general tso and boneless spare ribs or lo mein that blow those fastfood chains out of the water.

also, what do you mean by salamander for the boneless spare ribs?

A salamander is another name for a broiler.

Imagine a flame hear sourcethat is on the ceiling of an oven so when it cooks it carmalizes and crisps. Rather than circulating hot air u have a direct heat on the top of what ur cooking, aka charred crispy boneless spare ribs.

Fun fact also I base a Chinese place on if their young chow is good. It’s usually off menu but good, they better ask white or fried rice!

4 football players explore their faggot fucking fantasies

needs more salt

>No msg
>No chillis

There's your problem. But for real that sauce looks a bit small for a standard amount of chicken

-The dried chilis are a must.
-The stock needs to be Chinese stock, not westernized (French) style. If you're using storebought "chicken stock" or bullion cubes it won't taste right. You want stock made with no western herbs. It should be chicken, ginger, scallions, and sugar.
-MSG? Yeah, that would help, but better yet use pic related (doubanjiang, sometimes written toubanjiang)

>my guy

your guy?

this

first of all fuck new york and philly. and LA chinese restaurants have general tso chicken everywhere and it tastes way better than the bitter cold eastcoast

I love the burnt taste of boneless spare ribs

>tfw ever since went to china westernised chinese food tastes like bland shit

I feel like the prawn is where you messed up. I go to my local chinese take out place often and Its decent but I would never trust them with seafood.

.....story?........

Amen.

Nothing will beat cha siu with white rice.

Where did that strawberry come from lol

If you lived around san jose in ca back in the 90's and early 00's Mr Chau's was the go to place for greasy fast food. They had places everywhere.

youtube.com/watch?v=9IZGk_sRF50

Not sure what happened in the later 00's and early 10's. They closed down nearly every one of their locations. Not sure if it was something they dd to their food or smaller portions. Maybe it was panda express moving in and fucking over every chinese takeout place over but the business is a former shell of what it used to be.

Anyone know how to make that spare rib glaze?
I've tried ah-so sauce and I've tried mixing hoisin with cherry pie filling, but nothing seems to work.

youtube.com/watch?v=kL1QbQeB37k

Strictly dumpling's char tsiu video is mouth watering. Just the chopping of the meat, the stacks of meat, and the delicous glaze
White rice and meat , what else do you want.

skip to 2 minutes in....the 3 minute mark with the pork belly holy shit

I don't get the big deal with them. Their fried rice sucks, and to me, fried rice is what makes Chinese take out.

I'm sure it is in yurostan.

>being this fat
Do you have any self respect or are you content on being your parent's failure?

I'm going to be in Queens briefly next month and am thinking of stopping by Flushing to get legit chinese.

What should I get? I'm looking to try regional cuisine not from Szechuan or Guangdong since I'm more familiar with them