Al/ck/ general

what happened to my alcoholics general edition
no that other one doesn't count

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hzMu2lzEdwE
pastebin.com/6cD0DqvR
youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What happened, everybody quit drinking over the weekend?

Somehow I doubt that

I'm four weeks without spirits and two weeks completely sober so I haven't been in them much. Seems a few people have been the same because they've been a lot slower lately.

I managed to quit. Nine days and not a drop of vodka. I used like 22 grams of weed to make it tolerable. Comfiest week I’ve had in years. Caught up on loads of sleep, no throwing up, no cringe or stress, no doctors or police. Absolutely fucking delicious, and everything is fun high, so zero PAWS.
Ran out this morning, can’t afford more abandon I’d go to prison for cultivating, sooo I’ve just relapsed. Awesome.
Yeah I think people left because of all the /b/. It’s not as friendly as it used to be.

>abandon
*or
Fucking Siri

im here, just woke up and my head is pounding. coffee is my friend for about 2 hours
then breakfast and beer begins

Fresh red blood or dark blood?

Well, at least you're not getting addicted to the pot needle...
Yeah, it's hard to find a positive spin to the situation.

I'm 2 weeks sober tomorrow. That said, I'm probably drinking tonight when I get home from my flights. Vacations ending and getting back to reality is so fucking depressing.

Not sure how other alcoholics can handle caffeine. I'm jittery and shaky enough as it is.

It’s all in the mind. Alcohol WD anxiety is savage, but nothing makes it worse for me any more. Shit you not, I answered the door to fucking C.I.D about a week ago while in WD and having smoked a huge joint of jack herer like 10 mins prior. Turns out they had the wrong address, but even when I thought I was about to be arrested I didn’t give a shit.
I am always rekt on all sorts, I have taken pretty much any common recreational drug you care to mention, always pushed to the point of excess, many to the point of OD, I have been through intense heroin cold turkey like 100 times, have flipped the fuck out after taking 40g of sclerotia and 5 x125ug lsd, I have been up for 6 solid days after smoking 500mg of Chinese glass - I think maybe the horrors I’ve seen have chilled me right out. I chug coffee and burn weed constantly while in WD, and they take the edge right off the fear.
So, yeah, hope that helps you to enjoy a coffee; simply become a dedicated psychonaut for years and years. Yw.
(Point is that you’re not going to be scared if you believe you won’t)

because they drink caffeine regularly

nothing better than a big fat joint and a coffee

>general

>Massachusetts has legal weed
>but you cant just drive up there and buy weed yet unless you have a medical card

fuck this gay Earth

Try living in the UK. Cannabis is apparently “lethal”
youtube.com/watch?v=hzMu2lzEdwE
Really strange though, the (literal) pigfucker Cameron has smoked it himself. Guess it’s a delayed reaction and he’s currently being tortured to a horrific death, poor hash-wreck.

“Incredibly toxic and very very damaging”
This makes me want to fucking kerb stomp the entire conservative government. Vile. The UK is a laughing stock because of it’s bewilderingly ignorant drug laws.
Need to chill, guess I’ll have a nice, healthy glass of poison instead.
>That dislike bar, lol.

After roughly a week sober, I had 20 beers yesterday. Already day-drinking today. Have 16 beers available. If I drink tomorrow I am pretty sure I'll suffer withdrawals. So hopefully I stop by tonight.

Alaska's got legal weed my dude, no card required, come get some. Only like an $800 flight round-trip. Stock up.

Yeah totes, nobody in the airport has drug dogs or looks inside bags during security processes.

>Only like an $800 flight round-trip. Stock up.
How high are you right now?

Nobody said you had to carry it on your person, user. Christ, it's like I'm talking to a wall of retards here.

You mail the weed back, user. You don't fucking carry it on the plane.

i get the impression you Bongs have a hard on for regulating things. As if when something isn't regulated and doesnt have centuries-old laws you guys get flustered as fuck. Shame our lawmakers have to be so stubborn and insistent on arbitrary drug scheduling
>bypass Colorado
>bypass Washington, Oregon and California
>just come to Alaska bro we'll hook you up
on my way bro let me just buy a 69-layer parka first so i dont get frostbite and mauled by a polar bear after stepping off the plane

holidays require recovery for me

What's the point of even going there if you can buy it on the darknet for same results?

i imagine buying a plane ticket is easier than figuring out PGP encryption, configuring TOR, researching and buying a VPN, buying bitcoin, setting up a bitcoin wallet and transferring the funds to a darknet market account and scouring reviews to find legit sellers

I'm working on my heroin addiction, alcohol is more of a bitch to quit. Thankfully I have a great AA sponsor

I can post a guide (albeit not today) for educational purposes if anyone is interested.

please do at somepoint

Will do, I’ll try to do it tomorrow

I got my green card. Whatchu need senpai

DUDE WEED LOL

You keep posting this. Wtf does it mean?

D U D E
U
D
E

Underage memers

Play around with this:
pastebin.com/6cD0DqvR

For a more instant look at darknet markets, just download tor browser bundle and use it to go to
valhallaxmn3fydu.onion

thanks for typing that up
just curious, why are you using Valhalla instead of Alphaba-
>Alphabay was shut down after a law enforcement action as a part of Operation Bayonet against it (and also the Hansa market)
well shit, thats kind of disconcerting. as long as they're still not going after minor weed purchases we should still be good.
sorry to keep shitting up the thread with dude weed posts

sober 4th night, ohhh yeaaahhh
it doesnt get any better desu

There’s always A risk, but crossing the road is risky. Dying from alcoholism is pretty damn risky too.
Google how many darknet market buyers have been arrested.
Hope weed helps you, it’s an absolute godsend for me. The dude who made the video ‘never get busted again’ is a former alcoholic cop, who hated weed users. Upon using it he like myself was able to kick the booze. He quit his job to pursue a career as a weed activist.
Good luck mang.

Has anyone here ever had pain in their liver? It's day 4 for me now. It isn't severe, I went to work today and forgot about it because I was busy, but now I'm home and the pain is still there. I don't even know if it actually is my liver, but considering the location of the pain and my history of alcohol abuse I think it is likely. I know I need to see a doctor, but I'm not sure if this is an emergency or if I should schedule an appointment with my family doctor.

I’ve had pain in my liver for years. There’s always a dull ache, and in recent years it’s accompanied by a stabbing pain. Still drinking, still alive.
I mean, obviously you’re not me, so don’t put off seeing a Doc if you feel you should. Tbqh though I doubt it’s serious.

This fucking thing married Avril Lavigne? Christ

if you have health insurance just go to the ER. a plain blood draw can tell doctors if your liver enzyme levels indicate damage. if you dont have insurance then drive to Canada when you can and get them to do it. unless you're a eurofag and this is a non-issue

Does anyone know anything about making Glühwein?

I want to try making some, but can't settle on a wine and recipe choice.

Don't overthink it, there isn't much to go wrong and it's really not beer or normal wine, with big differences. Just mix the ingredients of any standard recipe in the ratio you think tastes best, or just buy some premix and add orange slices+whatever suits you best.

I figure holidays are a hiccup in the pattern or a hard hit.

Basically guys, I drink 375ml 40% a night or eight beers. Spread over probably four hours. I never have any negatives if I dont drink, and I dont really get hung over, but ive been at it for a year. Whats the over under?

Here it's sold in one litre bottles for 2 euro's. Not too shabby.
Making your own is very Veeky Forums however and probably more tasty.

just woke up after drinking around noon, about to shower and just drink some soju and beer. thinking about getting some food delivered, chinese, italian, or indian?

youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

stop making threads when there already are threads

Guys how do I get drunk and gain a shit ton of weight?

I meant not gain a shit ton of weight.

Yes please!

tfw legal dope in Maine but still no dope stores that don't require a medical card

6hrs sleep in the last 2 days. im stocked on booze and codeine so that's all good. showered yesterday, have some decent food.
just need sleep

Diluted pure ethanol, so vodka or everclear. They have the lowest calories, since they only have the calories from the booze. No chaser that contains sugar, no beer. Eat healthy and try to do some form of workouts, even if it is only drunken midnight walks.
Pray to god that you have decent genetics.

How long does it take for your liver to repair itself fully after stopping drinking?

I haven't had a drink in almost a month, not because I had a problem (although I am a daily drinking) but because I was staying with an alcoholic.

Am I getting any additional benefit by staying off the sauce even longer? (besides the obvious $ and calorie savings)

lol... no shit.

According to my GP it takes 2 weeks for the inflammation to go down. Even at that point its just the beginning of the healing

>How long does it take for your liver to repair itself fully after stopping drinking?
Depends, how damaged? But it's more years than weeks.

Hard to find info that isn't just "don't drink it's bad for your liver", but apparently if you *NUKE* your liver, like a partial amputation or massive Tylenol overdose or malaria, it'll almost totally repair itself back to normal within a month.

But I don't think that covers a fatty liver, and the insulin resistance, that are the biggest worries with regular drinking.

shitting liquid red fire and throwing up blood again

it's almost comforting these days as it lets me know my body clock is as regular as ever - once a week, every week

I feel like this is probably where I'm going to be in a few more years. I hope I can manage to still post on Veeky Forums when the time comes. You're an inspiration.

Got fired today. Time to relapse. Huzzah.

Notice how he said the cannabis being sold today (in Britain), and he isn't wrong. Skunk is fucking horrendous and really can fuck with your head.

amazingly I also still have a job - god knows how I'd fund my lifestyle without it

get a kitchen job mate, you can relapse and work at the same time so long as you're functional

It was a dishwashing job, user.

oh shit son, how do you lose that job? I was a "professional dishwasher" for a decade or so to fuel my habbit

I honestly don't know. I had to go home sick twice, but I completed all the work and asked first to make sure I wasn't inconveniencing them. The busy part of the day always ends around 8, and I've always made sure to finish all the dishes from that burst.

It's for the best. Maybe I'll finally starve to death.

nah, trust me, you'll take to shoplifting at the grocery store before you let yourself starve to death, been there, done that

Fresh blood.
Tanks mang for replying.

You should be safe.

Trying to quit drinking. just shit myself in bed. I think I will kill myself tomorrow. Really cant think of a reason not to at this point.

Do not kill yourself think of ya mum.

>tfw can get shitfaced after drinking only one beer over 3 hours.

only thing is I get so drunk I piss myself how to fix?

it mainly depends on how fucked up your liver has gotten in the first place. the typical progression of alcoholic liver disease is fatty liver disease -> alcohol-induced hepatitis -> cirrhosis (-> liver failure).

alcoholic fatty liver and (usually) alcoholic hepatitis are reversible and require anywhere from a week to several months of abstinence, depending on severity. corticosteroids help in the second case. cirrhosis is generally irreversible, but bear in mind that alcohol-induced cirrhosis mainly only develops in alcoholics who have been drinking heavily for 10+ years. is mostly wrong.

if your main concern with falling back off the wagon is long-term organ health, i would be worried more for your brain, honestly

have you tried using a toilet?

10/10 pic btw

>toilet
Get a load of this princess.

Made some highballs out of this, I'm really liking it. Kinda steep for what it is, but I think it was worth the $35 for how much I enjoy it

286 days sober. It's worth it guys.

I'm more interested in the efficacy of those "dry January" type dry-out months for a 'normal' drinker.

Fuck me, I’m so tired. I wake at 3.30 every fffffuuuuccckkiinngg morning, have to have coffee, a joint, a fap and about 8 units over 2 hours in order to sleep for a few more hours. I can’t take much more of it, I HAVE to get some undisturbed sleep, does anyone know anything about general anaesthetics?

Sounds like a good time for a break though, you need to listen to your body. The liver can take a shit load of abuse and heal but if you ignore it one day inevitably it will fail or be permanently scarred. Then you can throw your chance of being a healthy person again out the window. My neighbor is waiting for a transplant and it made me think about the dull pain I have had occasionally over the years when drinking more than usual.

>waking up in the middle of the night to drink coffee
I wonder why you have trouble sleeping, that's so strange

I think it kinda lifts me up and makes me more active, which in my already exhausted state, rapidly wears me out and I’m more able to drift off. It’s actually something the local alchie counsellors suggest we try. Seems to help.
Has to be extra cosy coffee though; I have a spoon of Nescafé, half a spoon of cinnamon, one of cocoa, half a spoon of honey, some coconut fat and a dash of brandy if I’ve got some. Pretty cosy tbqhphammalama

>tfw trying to stay compliant with Antabuse

C'mon son, that shit's meant to be drunk neat.

I’ve been drinking about three bottles of wine a week for a while now.

Is this full normie territory? Am I a moderate drinker?

I think this coming week will be the first time I don't drink during the weekend. I've been a weekend drinker for as long as I can remember and I've been exclusively drinking on the weekends and holidays that land on Monday. I started last week with drinking 5 days straight on Wednesday night and I'm just sort of bored of it but the reason I drink is because I get bored doing nothing. I'm around a pretty heavy drinker who drinks practically everyday and falls asleep on the couch so in my situation it's hard, and on top of that December is going to be a bitch with family parties and shit to go to.

How long, if any, WD symptoms will I expect to encounter? I don't fuck around with liquor and beer has been the only thing I've touched. I've been in this same cycle of weekend drinking for 4-5 years

Yeah that’s fuck all. Like 30-40 units weekly. Drink twice that much daily for years, you’ll understand why people here feel so fucking destroyed.

>be the most intelligent person ever to live
>I’m of 300, speak 40 languages, go to Harvard aged 11
>drink
>life ruined, arrested constantly
Wew. Wonder what I’d have become were it not for alcohol

Yeah I’ve cutting down from liquor all day to this. I was just wondering at what point I would have completely normal, undetectable habits from a civilian’s standpoint.

actually, three bottles of wine weekly is more like 20 units/week. which reinforces you point, but still worth mentioning.

that's moderate drinking. you're safe if you remain there. technically, it exceeds the scientifically accepted definition of moderate drinking at ~14/week for grown men, but close enough. would not be detectable to outsiders.

Probably depends where you are. In the UK it’s normal to drink every day. The queen drinks throughout the day.

Its good neat too, sometimes I just want something easier to sip.

The hell kind of wine only contains 7 units per bottle?

uh, most kinds? a standard bottle of wine is 750 mL (25.4 oz), a standard drink is 5 oz.

I don’t touch wine any more, but when I did it’d be chateauneuf du pape, 11 units/70cl. 7 is pitiful, I get 3.8 from a pint of 89p cider.

weird. must be some kind of fortified or dessert wine, because most wine rarely exceeds 15% abv.

i'm jelly as fuck that you can get alcohol in that small of a container for that cheap.

If you drink 3 bottles per week you are either leaving some for the next day or taking nights off. When you start to finish one and go down to grab another it's more dodgy

I usually drink a bottle of wine a night and no dramas. It's not much more than a 6 pack really. But when I start to binge I'll go buy a second or just buy two preemptively and I won't go to bed with some still remaining.

11-12% white wine is around that, something like a good cab sav might be 14.8% and more like 8 and a half drinks. Where I live you can buy 18% alcohol port 750 mil for about 6 dollars or 5 litre casks of wine for 10 dollars.