Chili's employee AMA

Chili's employee AMA

Before we get into this:
If it says made from scratch or house-made on the menu, it actually is
All desserts come frozen
I don't know why it's gross

I've never been to chili's and my friends always used to talk about how good it was in high school but since i graduated i haven't heard the word chili's once. i dont think there's a chili's around me for miles. what is happening? what's it like in there?

Are the burgers made there?

It's Americanized tex-mex (add cheese and ranch to things) and it's slightly over-priced. Maybe a little more than Applebees. It's higher quality than Taco Bell and probably most actual Mexican places too. It's worth trying a few times; I recommend the tacos above anything else.

The burgers come raw and frozen as thick patties we have to press down ourselves.

i hate tex mex but love taco bell and ive never been to apple bees do you think i try chili's

>from scratch
Did you plant that potato?

Like I said, it's worth trying more than once starting with tacos. The burgers are pretty good too but definitely order at non-busy times.

I just was at one with some friends and the waitress pretty much only ever asked me if I wanted another beer or anything. Did she want to fuck? Didnt leave a tip btw

All waitresses are thots or old ladies at all establishments

How are those 6.99 burgers?

Also, am I the only one who doesn't mind these chain restaurant type places? I prefer going to actual restaurants but I don't mind these chain places every now and then.

>homemade
>implying homemade doesn't mean live-in slavery

lol it's like that at the Applebee's in my town

they go to the same bar as me after work and the chicks are mostly super hot but you can tell they're kinda thotty

You mean you don't bend every latina waitress at your local chile's over the table and spitroast her after you're finished with your meal? you must be black

>tfw no Latina waitress gf

I'm that guy who gets an app as an entree because fuck it the nachos or cheesefries are breddy good. How hard am I judged for this if I ever decided to care?

How the fuck you get those tendies so light and fluffy? What goes into the batter?

Which is the best out of TGIF/Applebee's/Chili's?

Any menu items that are surprisingly good?

I just got a random craving to go to one of these places from this thread.

never tried that but it looks like shit and stop saying tendies you useless friendless faggot nobody will ever love you

All the waitresses were white

pr gud desu

We prefer apps as entrees because it's easier but honestly unless you get a well done steak, nothing is a problem to make

For the original crispers we use tempura batter actually so it gives it a flaky, fluffy fry. It is worth noting however that we use chicken breast, not tenderloin

goddamit, I want one of those burgers right now

Any sex storie mate?

Not a question, just a comment. Those chips and salsa are absolutely god tier.

I used to love Chili's when I was kid, then I grew up
Went about 2 years ago when they just introduced the table tablets and honestly the food is shit
Don't have a question, just wanted to say it sucks

How's it feel to know you'll be getting laid soon?

This company is going downhill, fast.

Honestly which one of them isn't? Just about all of them, including Darden are fucked

The one near my house is hiring. Two questions

A.) Do you think they'd take me if I could only work Saturday, Sunday, and Monday?

B.) What do I say on my application to get hired? I just need a part time job to supplement my regular work and because I want experience to write a book and haven't worked as a server before.

Probably not, most restaurants (chains specifically) want completely open availability. Just be prepared to get shit hours if you don't have that.

The last chain I worked at had me working less than forty hours a week, and only gave me one day off simply because I needed to work opening shifts.

I assume you meant 'laid off'. Your statement doesn't have the same oomph the other way. Sounds like you're complimenting him.

Have you been to applebee's, ruby Tuesday's, or a TGI friday's? If so just imagine one of them but with below average tex mex.

3/10 b8, got me to reply

I FUCKING LOVE Chili’s man. I’ve never had a dish there I didn’t like. I’m guessing this one in particular is probably a premade one, but what’s the recipe for that honey chipotle sauce they put on the chicken tenders? I usually go for a steak or a fajita, but sometimes I order the honey chipotle chicken tenders because they’re better than they have any right to be.

Ruby Tuesday's is the best of the fake neighborhood restaurants by far, even though I feel like an old person when I eat there

Definitely Chili's
Chicken tacos

No but it is to my understanding other employees do shit out back

The salsa is watery, canned-tier garbage and we even semi-make it

I have incredible confidence in my job security because Chili's has been around for ~40 years and has more restaurants in the corporation

They'll give anyone a chance but of course more so if you're experienced. Also *try* for Fridays as that's the busiest day for any restaurant

I will admit the honey-chipotle is good but it isn't house-made. It does come bagged but that's no reason not to enjoy it. A general rule in restaurants with larger menus is trying to maintain consistency so it's probably a good thing. Also don't get steak fajitas, the meat is low quality skirt steak with a marinade already on it. Get shrimp, or, if you have the money, ask for a sirloin fajita.

To clarify, I do mean sexy shit

Where can I get your southwest eggrolls or do you make them in house.

Tell us what you have heard or seen

the salsa is great and just the right amount of spicy, i hate thick salsa

tex mex is already americanized

The eggrolls come frozen. They are actually bean, corn, pepper, and chicken burritos that we deep fry. Hence the lack of any actual eggroll ingredients.

Just heard stories. There is ample opportunities and spots in the back area.

I find the salsa too watery and canned-tasting. Maybe it's because I prefer my salsa to be nearly paste-like

How do I get free food?

Work in the kitchen

Fuck off then, enjoy chilis.

Do Americans really eat this?

Only those who can afford to blow money on trash food.

Hows the ctx oven? I use to be a grill guy years ago made good money 13$hourly

I would prefer an actual grill. A friend of mine told me the foods would be cooked on a real grill with flames and shit. I guess it's convenient for cooking shit tons of chicken and quesadillas. Also, $10.30/h at 5 months

bump for op

worked for chilis for many years.
fuck norm brinker.

I always get the triple dipper with SW eggrolls, boneless honey chipotle wings in some combo of 1/3 and 2/3, and a fresco salad with the lime vinaigrette

I love the queso dip but its too much to eat alone. Sometimes my friends and coworkers make fun of me because I love chilis and have no problem eating there several days a week

the southwestern eggrolls are the best

They are laughing at you because you eat there alone, not because it's Chili's. Also for the 3 way sampler
>tendies
>mini burgers
>SW eggrolls
The onion rings are good too.

Indigestion.

Hi, welcome to Chili's

will you assholes make that fried cauliflower appetizer if I ask or is it gone forever?

The salsa is really good tho. Wish I had the exact recipe

Why don't rapists eat at Chili's???

Used to love going to Chili's when I was younger. Haven't been there since I nearly got in an accident trying to find my way there.