what a fucking wanker

>he wants more carbonation in his beer

The fuck is wrong with you

>drinking alcohol
literally why?
>muh i need to wind down after muh job
>muh i need to socialize

>literally why?
Makes my head light and indeed helps me socialize.

because I'm dead inside

>he takes beer orally and not anally
BOOF IT

get out

>responding to b8

>b8 on the food and cooking board
For what purpose? What could he hope to achieve?

I normally drinks straight from bottle

>being a little BITCH

>that`s 100% what`s going on in my stomach
>my stomach is literally being raped by nachos
Fucking nu-males i bet he shits on every beer that`s not craft beer IPA 1000/1 hops-water ratio

He works for anheuser busch

this, it taste better and no need to clean the glass

still, when I buy expensive stuff i drink out of pic related for the aroma

Right, so it means that he can spew out bullshit without backlash.
You won't have a fucking fountain of foam coming out of your mouth or ass without special preparation

Found the no foam faggot

>you need to pour a specific way

NuMales ruin everything.

Beer, if not shotgunned through two holes jammed in the bottom with an ice pick, is drunk straight from it's aluminum can - or bottle if your a fancy fuck, or red solo cup if your a fucking college freshman.

>I actually believe that drinking foamy shit is superior
Found the nu-male

so what you're saying is that if I drink non-foamy beer, my stomach is going to rupture from carbon dioxide?

sshieet

>I drink it for the taste personally

the official stance is making at least 2cm of foam to protect the beer from oxidation, but that's retarded since a beer isn't gonna last more than 10 minutes in someone's hand, so for me it's tastes. I had a old geezer regular that wanted zero foam because he wanted more beer for his money

No, because when you work in a bar here the brewery regularly offers courses on how to properly pour beer with a good head and without any spillage.

Rule of thumb: the foam should always continue to the rim of the glass, and then you can skim it with a wet skimmer. The foam then protects the beer, and the thin layer of water coming from the skimmer adds a layer on top of the foam. That surface tension is what makes sure the beer gets to the customer with a perfect head.
How big should the foam be? Depends on the beer. Any glass that's dedicated for a single brand (which you should have if you're offering a particular brand of beer) should have a marking that says where the foam should start. Tripel Karmeliet for example has a lot of foam, which should start at the tip of the flowers for maximum aesthetic (pic related). Standard Dutch pilsener glasses are called a fluitje, and they should all have a layer of foam that's about two finger's thick, Heineken's star or the middle of the Amstel logo is a good aiming point there. British stouts like Guinness use nitrogen for their foams, which makes them a lot denser, and so they need to be as small as possible, otherwise you're just scamming your customer.

Bottles don't taste as good because you can't smell through glass. Bottles are explicitly designed as containers, not as drinking vessels.
That said, nobody gives a fuck about that if it's 5 AM after a hard day's work and you crack open a nice cold pilsener. It's just a shame to chug a tripel right out of the bottle.

Badly poured beer can really upset your stomach if you're drinking 20 a night. It's not just the nachos, fries and other snacks, it's also the other beers you'll be having.

>chalking it down to hipsterism
man, the serving of beer is old as you grampa, kid. If you went out of the basemen you would see how newbie bartenders fuck up and have to wait until all the foam goes down, and if you serve a beer without foam it will go flat in 10 minutes.

where are you from? we used to have skimmers in spain, always in a mug with peppermint but that got totally banned in all EU

>muh numales
Guess what, on the timeline of beer, you straight-from-the-can chugging idiots are the numales. Everybody before you actually gave a damn about how to prepare and serve it, so that they coul enjoy it more. It's only the modern post-Prohibition era where excessive consumption of alcohol, without consideration for it's taste and effects in mild dosage, is glorified.

Netherlands, right next to the two best beer countries in the world. Skimmers are still allowed here, and in Belgium and Germany, I don't know what you're on about.

I guess you resisted the EU recommendations and the PIGS are the idiots

I used to be really anal about pouring beers "perfectly" and trying to minimize head entirely. Then a month ago or so I watched OP's video and started pouring beers straight in and letting them rest a bit so I can drink and I've noticed I don't get as bloated anymore.

Anyways, has anyone noticed how Sam Adams has an absolutely insane amount of foam? If you look at the bottle the wrong way before you pop the cap it will explode like a science fair volcano. Still my favorite macro.

Trust in old men, they know what's up when it comes to boozing

>the official stance is making at least 2cm of foam
That depends entirely on the beer though, and where you live.

I've had old bartenders stick their fingers in my beer. Being old does not make you wise, hygienic, or good at pouring beer.

I only drink it for the xenoestrogens desu

that was an almost illiterate, totally greedy farmer, one of those guys that was raised after the war with famine and now they don't spend a dime

not a good example

I didn't say of that, I said they know booze, as in how to get wasted, ya'll niggas read in too much, this is not sophomore english

No.

I'm curious to start trying this, as I was firmly in the camp of "slide it into the glass at an extreme angle to minimize the head".

>ab inbev educator

Fuck that give me no foam/as little as possible. I'm going to drink it in a few minutes anyway so it's not like the head is going to be protecting anything

no I pour it right down the drain like I'm supposed to

if you think we consume more alcohol post-prohibition than we did pre, you're fuckin wrong m8

>saying chalking it down
it's chalking it up. you must have missed the period of life where you interact with others and find out common idioms.

>actually unironically believing this

Give it a try, brother. I highly recommend.

>Some kid in the [CURRENT YEAR] of our lord is reminiscing about life pre-prohibition right now, in this very thread.

>a simple down-to-earth beverage like beer now has sommeliers
Just fucking end me bros

Amerilard here, would you mind elaborating? What was banned exactly?

Not him but in 1880 there were over 4800 microbreweries in the US, with most bars brewing their own beer. The hardscrabble men and founding fathers who tamed a wilderness were brewing and drinking microbrews. The difference between you and them? Their 10 year old daughter could kick your ass and they weren't cucked by muh big brewing corporation daddies who advertise on your favorite Nascar driver's clothing and cage. You're a disgrace.

You were about to make a great point then
>cage
Opinion discarded

I drink cheapest lager straight from the can like a normal well adjusted person.

I like you.

But Nascar cars are literally cages, moron. Not only that my point was already clearly made.

That's so weird. I always thought they were literally cars designed specifically for racing. Silly me.

>cooking egg all wrong
>eating beef all wrong
>pouring beer all wrong
Fuck this clickbait

>now

t. historylet

I like the one that's a piece of meat covered in refined carbohydrates and sugar sauce

Wait, this isn't the Chinese food thread

I give mine about an inch of foam.

I don't really give a shit if it's going to foam up when I throw food in on top of it, I want to be able to drink the beer without wearing half of it in my moustache.

jesus christ beer has been fucking my stomach all this time literally FUCK BEER this is an eye opener 2bqh

He's absolutely right on the science and reasoning, however, HE STILL POURED THE BEER WRONG. Beer should always be poured with a "flower" on top.
t.someone who worked in a real German beer hall and rathskeller for years

this, in between this amount of head and no head is about right, just some agitation

>Beer should always be poured with a "flower" on top.
wtf does that mean

A flower? Please elaborate, German-chan. A google search returns a bunch of nonsense for somebody not super sure of what they're seeing

I'm guessing the flower is when a glass is completely full and the head pushes out over the top just a LITTLE bit. That plus about half an inch to an inch of head would indicate a properly filled glass

"Flower", meaning shaped like the human anus, it is how German beers are poured

You pour some, let it foam, pour more, let it foam, and you create a thick head on top that reaches over the glass and forms what we call a "flower". I think I still have a few beers in the fridge, in a minute, I'll go pour one and take a pic.
But, the purpose is to maintain the integrity of the beer while you drink it.

This flower idea is bullshit. If you've got a well-adjusted tap, and skim it wet, then your foam will last plenty long enough. Germans have this stupid idea that you need three agonisingly slow pours to create a proper head. Meanwhile in the Netherlands and Belgium, we actually sell beer, so we have to be able to make a beer in less than the full two minutes it takes for a German to tap a single cold brew.

Flowers a shit, just use a wet skimmer and let the surface tension of that water keep your beer seperated from the outside air.

>Confirmed for lacking taste and aesthetic.
Gtfo

>Taste
Flower-type is scientifically confirmed to taste shit, because it protects your beer less
>Aesthetic
Dunno about you, but a cleanly skimmed glass looks more aesthetic (and consistent) than a big pour on top.We're talking about beer here, not frappucino's.

You have shit taste and shit aesthetic. Nothing you've posted has proved that wrong. You take no pride in your craft, and your basic minimalist approach to life creates another giant suck hole in the fabric of culture.

a paddle used to remove foam from the top of the glass