/Official Beer General/

This is the centralised beer thread. Stop scattering beer discussion around. Cease posting in other beer threads, faggots.

>share beers
>share experiences
>ridicule others because you drink more expensive beer
>hate on the amerifats that drink bud lite and the like

I am making a present for my father. Going to assemble 10 good beers for him to try out.

>Maisel's Weisse x 2
(I already know this is a great beer, so I'll take 2 of 'em)
>Founders KBS
>Founderes Breakfast Stout
(both were recommended on Veeky Forums, reviews looking good)

Recommend some more great beers to fill the set with. Christmas-fitting beers are a bonus.

Recently went through a six pack of Asheville Brewing Company’s Lemon Space Dog, an American style wheat ale brewed with lemon zest. Shit is refreshing as fuck. It pairs very well with meat-heavy pizza and fried bar food. Great example of how American styles can actually be really good.

Update:

>Maisel's Weisse
>Maisel's Weisse
>Founders KBS 5
>St Bernardus Christmas Ale
>St Bernardus Abt 12
>Founders All Day
>Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier

All Day IPA is a meme, replace it with something else. All hops, no body. There's nothing else there. I like hoppy beers, I like IPA's, All Day is pine needles in a can with no redeeming qualities.

Here’s the can. Always loved ABC’s designs.

Interesting. People seemed to have hyped it up quite a bit on Veeky Forums . It has a good review rating as well. I'll still leave it, since it's kind of a try-out pack anyways.

>meme
Retard

Will try out

It may be slightly difficult to find outside of North Carolina. They’re a smallish local brewery.

It’s worth trying, and I agree with the other guy it’s like pine needles in a can which I like, it’s a good natural taste. But they are just too watered down for me. Was not able to get a good buzz

Alright, my boys. The list is complete.

>Maisel's Weisse
>Maisel's Weisse
>Founders KBS
>St Bernardus Christmas Ale
>St Bernardus Abt 12
>Founders All Day
>Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier
>Lindemans Cuvee Rene
>Delirium Tremens

Founders is releasing CBS, a special edition beer, in december. basically a cbs aged in maple syrup barrels.

Im partial to pugachevs cobra.

All Day IPA is a "good" beer but not a great one. It's just a decent, fairly low abv IPA, but nothing special.

Founder's different breakfast stouts are very good though.

Quick question boys, I had a spruce tip triple IPA while wearing a flannel a couple nights back, am I walking meme now?

Time of the rope has come, user. Just for wearing a flannel

homebrewfag
>kölsch
>irish red

It depends on how coordinated your outfit was. I pray for your sake it was old blue jeans and sneakers

Not bad.
I love cuvee rene although personally I would change it for 'Boon Oude Geuze Mariage Parfait' but both are great

drinkin these cuz i'm from brooklyn and sixpoint is everywhere, can someone explain why this isn't super bitter to me although its 102 IBUs but founders all day ipa which is 42 IBUs tastes way bitter?

I can get a canned pint of founders all day ipa for $1.73 at my grocery store.

Am I blessed?

Celebrator
Old Rasputin
Two-Hearted Ale

I would say two hearted ale is a big yes. More malty in character than a regular ipa.

Old rasputing is a good intro to stouts but nowhere near as good as some of the stouts he already has in mind.

Mirin' glasses

hate dark beer

thats all session IPAs, its a shit style

It was! That's all I fuckin have

it was a gift and it's starting to get cold

nobody is blessed if they're choosing all day ipa

How do yall feel about New Belgium?
1554 is a great stout, fat tire is a p good amber lager, day breaker is good too, not too hoppy, slightly cheaper as well, the witbier is great too
I hate voodoo and the fruit beers tho, but I usually hate all IPAS
for something you can get nationally, new Belgium is a p reliable choice.

Abbey is a fantastic dubbel, Fat Tire is fine, Voodoo is a terrible series of IPAs and I actually like IPAs. That's all I've had from them.

Anyone else get the mad elf kick this time of year? I've been consuming an absurd amount of that shit, with no sign of stopping

How have y'alls night gone?
Got home and unwound with a Shiner Bock and a bowl of coffee ice cream.

Found out my great uncle is in hospice and drank four bottles of my favorite winter warmer

It's been rough

Stay positive, user. Even if things are bad you can strive to make the best of it.

>Buddy brings over a six pack of St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout yesterday
>Drain three each
>Breddy good beer
>All gone
>Open mini fridge
>Miller High Life, wife's coolers and some Bud Light Lime cans that someone left after a party
>MFW
Welp. Time to git gud again.

I like All Day IPA a lot, it has a lot of flavor without being too cloying. It's the only craft beer that the club I go to sells, and it's great because it's sessionable without being boring as hell like a pale lager.

day blazer smells like rotten piss

I want to try their Abbey. Have you ever tried their pilsner? I'm a big fan of craft pilsners

Who are your favorite youtube reviewers?

I like Ronald Theriot and Special K (but only Special K himself, his friends provide no meaningful input)

I haven't, the stores around me don't carry it for some reason. Would highly recommend Abbey tho

yeah its beer

He died this morning. Cheers, y'all. He lived a good life

Gregs beer reviews for me but he's starting to look like the I've king lately.

Bought 6 bottles of Bernardus 12 today. I better not have been memed into this Veeky Forums!

>IPA

>not pounding some be double ells with a good brother

I know this is the beer thread but I didnt want to make an entire thread about it, or ask in the alky thread cause it seemed im bad taste.

Is there a good/great gin bar (or bar in general) to go to in NYC? im gonna take a trip there soon and I want to get a nice Martini or G&T.

Who /home brews/ on Veeky Forums?

fuckin I wish

I do. Most fulfilling hobby I've ever done desu senpai

I really don't have room for any more hobbies in my life, but I definitely like to hear from homebrewers in these threads!

All Day as a backyard BBQ session ale is near the top of their game in that particular category. Enough so to warrant a drive 3 hours to get a few cases once in a while

KBS and breakfast stout also nice.
Abt 12 is in my top 10
Weihenstephaner is my usual spring/summer go to as it's easy to find and is the gold standard for hefeweizen.

This.

If you like Belgian style ales there's no disappointment to be had there.

What are we drinking tonight? I'm on my 2nd can of pic related, it's goooood shit

what do you mean by "I've king"

I think I am turning into my dad.

I used to love strange and exciting beers. DIPAs, sours, russian imperial stouts etc.I still dont mind em but i rarely seek them out anymore. Theyre just memey. Give me a fucking pbr or miller light.

I meant to say he's starting to look like the ice king.

lmaooo you aren't wrong

Name the most meme styles everyone jerks off to Veeky Forums

>NEIPA
>DIPA
>Russian Imperial Stout
>sour

What am I missing in 2017 beer?

I hope he does. The ice king is crazy but at least he's immortal :(
Maybe ice king greg will shroud the world in eternal clouds that rain bourbon county and breakfast stout forever

I got memed into rocheforte 10 for like 10 bucks. Tasted like goddamn moonshine or something. It was good but was just so strong. Where's the line between moonshine and beer? I always think of beer closure to tea. Like an essence of flavors.

don't forget
>saisons

mark my words, porters will be the next meme beers

Stouts are just meme porters to begin with

So are winter warmers

my man, good stuff. have you tried lil sumpin extra? its the best iteration of it they make. lil sumpin wild is also great.

hi fellow brewfag here. On /diy/ you can always find a home brew general thread.
Right now I'm working on a brown ale. I tweaked the recipe, I bumped up the ABV and put some mulling spice to give it a Christmas vibe.

Because IBUs are a ...*drumroll.*... meme.

Yours probably has more of a malt profile to balance it out. All Day is literally just hop water. IBUs don't account for balancing flavors, just how much bitter shit is in there. It's why imperial stouts tend to have high IBU numbers even tho they're more malty.

putting IBUs over 100 is a meme, but inherently they're fine

NB is dank senpai, but all the rage here in CO. is WeldWerks. AlphaBits and Hefeweizen are in the frige currently.

Too many factors determine how bitterness is perceived IMO like for example how fresh the bottle /can is, or how you react to different kinds of bitterness, or like you mentioned balancing taste factors, for me to even bothering reading the IBU. Of course if someone is trying to meme a huge number on the front label I notice it but I don't care. For example I tend to find juniper based drinks bitter still but hop bitterness I've almost lost the ability to react to because of habituation.

So This is about to be released soon in Dec.
Im a fan of the original Breakfast stout and KBS stout.
Is this Worth the Hype? its listed as $25 per 750ml bottle.

Honestly, there's a massive amount of 20-some dollar 750ml imperial stouts out there--if you like the style, you'll probably like most of them if they have a decent following/hype. I don't fret over getting KBS or CBS because I know there's a $22 vanilla coffee imperial stout released by my favorite brewery every winter that is much more available to me.

So I guess I'm saying, grab it if you see it but there isn't much that makes it stand out from the crowd, other than being sort of maple-y.

The trippel is good. I liked slow ride and the imperial IPA but they replaced them with the voodoos which I just don't get. Trying too hard to do something different maybe. The rest are all very sub-par to me, fuck fat tire especially. Never had the pilsner

are they? I've had winter warmers that aren't opaque or even that darkly colored in general.

Really? I've never seen one that wasn't dark. Hell I've seen a brewery re-brand their winter warmer as a seasonal porter. I'd love to try one like you describe

Would skip the weinsteph if you already got two of Maisel Weisse. The Abt 12 is amazing, the abt 10 as well.

I will not in any way call myself "good" beer-lover, but with almost 2000 different beers tasted, I have some experience. Some of my favorites that should be possible to get is:
> La Trappe Tripel
> Goose Island Sofie
> Brewdog Black Eyed King Imp(overpriced tho)
> Saugatuck Bonfire Brown
> Ballast Point Watermelon Dorado

Not sure if these are possible to get in the US, but they are still amazing:
> Nogne O Imperial Stout
> Omnipollo Noa Mud Cake Stout

beer-knower*
Apologies for the horrible english. Already deep down in the third quad of the day

Great to see a real beer-thread. Any beers/breweries i should try or visit when driving through Maine(Boston-Acadia-Quebec) and NY/Massachussets(Niagara-Boston)?

Im a big Ballast Point guy, any anons on here who've drank this brew? If not, ill stop by there brewery in san diego, if you're ever in CA. I'd recommend the following aka my fav beer list:
>Sculpin: Grapefruity IPA
>Commodore: Oatmeal Raisin Stout
>Dorado: Imperial IPA
>Barmy: Golden ale with apricot and honey
>Manta Ray: Double IPA
i dont get how eurofags don't really see our actual good beer especially if stone brewery opened up in berlin

>watermelon Dorado

>he thinks Ballast Point and Stone are good

You have any suggestions, im trying to branch out

>stone
>good
this is why I usually avoid these threads

I mean, im not a big fan, i wouldn't really buy it, but apparently that's what sells around here, im more of a ballast point guy, like i said, but im not loyal to that brand, therefore, anyone got any suggestions to any good beer, lemme know

Picking some up for the weekend, got pretty high expectations based on everything I’ve heard so far.

If only there was some sort of app or website where people could rate beers from breweries. Then you could just look up your local/regional beers and see if any of them are good!

Gee I hope someone invents this thing, it could be really useful!

Where are you located? Stone and Ballast Point are so widely distributed you could be anywhere, and people in your region could give you better recommendations

Stop letting these faggots bully you. Subjective is subjective.

why even bother posting this?

CA , Socal

In LA: Monkish and Firestone Walker

San Diego: Modern Times, Alesmith, Mikkeller

all make some great stuff, try out the styles you like and see what you think!

Alright, luckily i frequent both cities every other week, would make sure to pick some up :)

So, how much and how often does a good beer snob drink? Daily, weekly?

I guess it would be hard to maintain a reputation as "good beer snob", rather than alcoholic, if you drink daily – at least if one drinks more than a unit or two

Two-Hearted is an absolutely disgusting beer and I am astounded it is so popular. I've had it in the bottle and out of a can, both times fresh, thin body with no malt and a pine needle taste. Hopsecutioner is the same way.

do Americans really pay $20 for a stout?

For something high-ABV, yeah, on occasion. I've only done it once personally, I prefer to find it on tap because a glass while out with a friend will be cheaper and more fun than drinking a whole bomber on my own

>being this wrong

Though I'm interested, if you like IPAs, what are some beers you like?

Thats interesting, I find bells two hearted to be an ipa on the maltier end of ipa.

I disagree. Two-Hearted isn't as bitter as some IPAs but I wouldn't call it thin

Hopsecutioner is pretty meh yeah

holy shit and i thought £7 for a craft beer was pricey