Still better than saying pop desu

>Those dark green counties of "other"
Wtf do they call it?

No one says pop in Colorado, or Utah
Source; Several years living in both states, in multiple counties

> Boston less "soda" than the rest of MA
> Soder

Were they the no data counties?

Lifelong Ohioan here, when someone says "soda" I think of "baking soda", and "coke" is a brand name so "pop" makes the most sense.

That map is ancient. 2003 was a long time ago.

Imagine being in those counties of NC where your neighbors call it everything from pop to coke to no data.
Tonic master race

That’s like saying you’d rather smell shit than diarrhea

Bubbly water

Cola, seltzer, all the other shit that barely scratches the surface

No
30-100% pop counties

>Seltzer
I would be genuinely taken off guard if someone asked me for a seltzer.

>2003

Soda's probably made inroads in flyover country, since both NY and LA use it and they're the only cities that matter.

Tonic
That sounds fun, makes it sound like an old west cowboy drink

lolnope haha
popvssoda.com/

>no option for carbonated sugar water

nth for this being inaccurate, and i've said the same every time i've seen it on this website for the past ten years. people do not call soda "pop" in WA

Man, NM and VA are a really mixed bag.

it was originally called soda pop. pop is the cooler sounding short hand, enjoy your ridiculously high cost of living you pretentious coastal mexican.

Compared to the 2003 chart, soda is taking over in upstate NY, the area around Austin, Oregon, and Colorado. Basically anywhere in the process of gentrification.

Oh, and Detroit to some extent.

it is hersey to ask for a pepsi in georgia.

I grew up in Austin longer ago than I care to admit, and it was already pretty rare for me to hear anything other than "soda" used generically. Not unheard of, but rare.

"Soft Drink"

From the south.
Coke is mostly singular.
Soda is mostly plural.

I would say soda is more common but coke is used quite often.
If someone asks you what you want to drink you typically tell them exactly what you want. You say you want "a Sprite". You don't say you want "a soda" or "a coke".

This right here.

I'm from NY, I've never heard anyone call softdrinks by any name other then "soda" in my entire life. I think this is fake.

I don't get it
Why does it fucking matter what you call pop

Same with Washington. Every time I see one of these graphs, it says we all call it pop. I have lived in this state my entire life and not once have I heard of it referred to as anything other than soda. I'm convinced that there was a group consensus to lie to the census, and I'm not in on the joke.

So:
Pop - Germans
Soda - Mexicans & Anglos
Coke - Blacks

This seems to hold true here in AL.

Lazy lazy OP

Pop is Serbian you fucktard

it's an online quiz so for example the top "other choices" for Alabama are "soft drink", "Dallas was her", "drink", "dildojuice", "tarzan slam", "sodapop".

I don't give a fuck what you call it since I don't drink it anyways.

That settles it for me all carbonated drinks from now on are dildojuice

Weird, I use soft drinks

The real question is is what do they call /sips/

In britstania they're called "funzy wunzy fizzer fazzles."

White people call it pop, as evidenced by the map.

Is this fake? Am I being tricked? I've lived in the South my whole life and never met someone who didn't call it soda.