Dennys

Americans, is Denny's good? I only ever hear good things about it from non-Americans. Cheap coffee, great breakfasts

Am I being memed by my fellow non-Americans? I really want to try Denny's now, fuck

t. visiting the USA in a week

it really depends from each location. like a five years ago it was utter shit but most locations have remodeled recently so they are usually clean. Typically I only go there for the shakes though.

It's not great quality or anything but it's dirt cheap and fairly tasty. Their coffee sucks.

I mean, it's a diner. The food's not great but it's decent enough for the money. Denny's is like a very slightly more fancy Waffle House though I don't find the food as good.

Never been there. Go to IHOP instead. Far fewer degenerates there and the food is to die for.

American here. It's just ordinary food you could make at home, but a lot more expensive. What really bothers me about it is that the menu is mostly breakfast-oriented, yet they don't have real maple syrup. What the fuck is the point of getting a bunch of pancakes and whatnot if all they have to put on them is imitation butter and imitation syrup?

About the only reason why anyone ever goes to Denny's is because they are open 24-hours and are tolerant of drunks. So it's one of the few places you can hit after the bars close.

If you're visiting the states on a trip it's perhaps the very last place I would suggest visiting.

Lol, I would go there @ 5 PM, and order Prime Rib (now discontinued) and I must have been the only one that ordered it because they knew what I was going to order when they saw me and they would give me about a five pound piece of meat... leftovers make killer Carnitas! So no, I really can't complain.

The good thing about Denny's is that it's honest about what it is. You go there at 2 AM and order what you want by pointing at the picture on your menu.
There are plenty of places that serve Denny's-tier food but try and dress it up and charge more for it.

The first and last time I went to Denny's was at Niagara Falls when I was a kid. I went with my cousins, who are black, and I remember them not serving us for like at least an hour. It wasn't really busy so none of us at the table could figure out what was up. My mom ended up flipping and accusing the waiters of racism.

I remember being really embarrassed

You can do it if you want to say you've been there i guess but it's just a shitty chain diner. Local diners are (usually) much better. Head to head against IHOP it's inferior. And IHOP is just passable.

This
If you're visiting and want a meal there's no reason not to try it. It's pretty affordable just don't hype it up too much in your head. It's not a life changing experience. If you're visiting NorCal go for a Mel's. It's the most American diner experience you can get.

How did you convert beef to pork, user?

The only acceptable time to go to Denny's is after the bars are closed and you want to keep bullshitting with your friends and get something greasy in your stomach. If you want a solid greasy spoon diner breakfast, most cities have better options. The only real appeal to Denny's is that it is open 24/7.

>there's no reason not to try it
Sure there is. Opportunity cost. Instead of that shithole he could eat somewhere that's much better, more interesting, or both.

>>go for a Mel's. It's the most American diner experience you can get.
That. A local place, ideally mom-n-pop, is going to give a much better "diner experience".

It's okay for how cheap it is, but you can find better almost anywhere else.

Chinese method.

Mel's is top tier for 24 hour diner food. There's one 3 blocks from my house, and I can't tell you how many times that place has saved me at 3 in the morning. And the food is actually pretty good. I have a serious addiction to their loaded Mel Fries when I've been drinking.

Forgot my pic, dammit.

Grand slamwich is k

If you can get to a regular diner, do that instead. Denny's is pretty low-tier breakfast food.

I have friends who have cooked at Dennys and they say it's "You get what you pay for" it's really tasty but a lot of the things are already premade
This tho... I go to Dennys since it's the closest thing to my house that is open at 4am from time to time but a random locally run Diner is usually better

Yup. After late night candlestick park game and the traffic was a mess nothing hit the spot like some Mel's food and a hot cup of coffee to get me the rest of the way home. Plus their music is kino af

Are your cousins adopted?

Waffle house is better

>music
>kino
You're a special kind of retard, aren't you?

No.
It's food you get at 3 am after a night of drinking.

Is there a more appropriate /mu/ meme I should be using? I dont browse there it's pretty gay

For the price it's good.

>Americans, is Denny's good?
wtf no stop listening to flyovers
If you want to eat a greasy spoon, fine, but why choose some nasty chain

Well depends if your coming to southern California go to norms food tastes better then dennys and ihop

>is Denny's good?
Good one OP.

This

It's low quality trash. Stick to small local diners.

Black Denny’s = trash
Brown Denny’s = meh
White Denny’s = decent
Asian Denny’s = pretty good
Injun Denny’s = godlike

Waffle House is better

It's the McDonald's of diners, nothing that will excite you or appall you. I would go to waffle house instead.

From my experience, Denny's during the day is shit. Denny's at like 2am is great though.

Come to Canada instead friend :) we too have denny's and other fast food but you don't have to worry about getting shot when you go outside

You do know that waffle House is regional right?

Barely passable, but cheap, breakfast food. If you aren't a cooklet I guarantee you that you can make better breakfast food yourself with minimal effort.

yeah, the cooks that work overnight usually aren't busy at all and really make some good shit. it's comfy af there in the middle of the night too

no, even shitty cheap diners are usually better

I'd say there are probably better breakfast places you can find wherever you're at.

But go to Denny's and get yourself a grandslam if you want a true american breakfast.

It's a worse, less comfy Waffle House for those of us unfortunate enough not to live near one.

By American standards, Denny's is excellent.

THAT'S AN IHOP SANDWICH

kek

It's good sloppy diner trash food, but after knowing 3 people who worked there and told me what the kitchens were like I can't eat there any more.
Fucking horrifying.

Like everyone has said, it's inoffensive breakfast food. I wouldn't do anything to go out of your way to eat there, and depending on where you are in the US, there should be a ton of better options even at 2 AM if you're craving something after drunk. I haven't been in at least five years, and it was baffling when my friends were in Vegas and wanted to go there of all places.

Go to Waffle house

Stuff like their French toast is great. Stuff like their steaks or grilled veggie and sausage dishes are soggy crap.

>Americans, is Denny's good?
It's decent food for stoned people. You go there after a night drinking.

>Go to IHOP instead
DO NOT DO THIS.
IHOP is an expensive meme restaurant. It feels like everything's been rolled out from a factory and sterilized. Not strictly bad, but kind of uncanny. Their coffee is not bad though, and in a McDonalds kind of way their food is basically decent.

Denny's, like many other diners, is best enjoyed in ungodly hours of the night/morning, like when you've just gotten off a late-night bargain flight or need a break from a long study session or something. It is the chillest atmosphere because, being one of the few sit-in 24 hour places, it probably won't be completely empty, but won't be anywhere near full enough that other's conversations bother you. Because there aren't a fuckton of patrons, the cooks aren't rushing through your order and can make it right. You can just kind of glaze over in the cushions of your booth or chair slowly chugging away through your eggs and pancakes. That said, a local diner will almost always be strictly better at all these things in nearly every way. I can only personally vouch for Blue Sky in the Cleveland area, but I'm sure locals around wherever you're going would be willing and able to point you the right way and if not finding a comfy hole-in-the-wall in a foreign place is one of the most kino experiences I have ever had.

Went there a few years back when visiting the States for the first time. Was nothing special. Some people we met later in the trip laughed when we said we'd gone to Denny's. I'd just seen it in movies my whole life and wanted to see what it was like.

Denny's is shit, it's a place you wind up wasted at 2 am. Go to a real diner instead.

Denny’s is decent food for decent money. Don’t expect much. By no means is it terrible. Mediocre at best.

kino just means anything good now, memes evolve user.

Eating at Denny's at 8 at night or 2 in the morning in your pajamas is a staple American experience. Even better if a fight breaks out between a tribe of nogs

It's edible and not offensive. If you aren't from America and just want to experience what we normally eat, Denny's is not an inaccurate representation. I'm not saying we eat a lot of Denny's, but it's typical of what we usually eat. We make that shit at home. Also Denny's is not good, but it isn't that bad. If you want to really get to the heart of American food you should find a Waffle House. Similar concept as Denny's but more real.

The spaghetti is literally a bag of frozen noodles microwaved for one minute then slathered in tomatoes sauce that's been sitting in a warmer for 4 hours.

I wouldn't recommend anything beyond a basic breakfast here, all of which you can easily make at home for a fration of the cost. An user pointed out that the grandslamwich is k, and he is correct.

t. Dennys cook

Just go to a Coney Island.

don't get anything other than any breakfast option it's just not worth it, they hype the breakfasts up for a reason

the breakfast burger is delish. then again, you can put a fried egg on a hard cock and i'll probably still eat it.

It's the chain version of a "greasy spoon" aka the cheap place everyone goes for breakfast. Instead of Dennys ask around about the local real ones people like. It may or may not include the local Dennys which vary widely in quality between franchises.

Niggers, like all communist allies, aren't welcome anywhere in America. Go back to your food desert.

>the food is to die for
The ihop in my hometown got shot up by some crazy and like 4 people were killed during breakfast

just go to mcdonalds instead

No food at a chain diner is "to die for." And this is coming from a guy who loves diners

It's not horrible, it's not great. Diners are pretty ingrained in American culture, but Denny's would be an incredibly milquetoast example our culture. It's like you hear about American obsession with burgers all your life and pick a Big Mac at McDonalds. Check out a place that's local to wherever you're going, or even a more tourist-trappy chain like Mel's Drive-In.

The food is neither horrible nor great. The only people who go out of their way to eat there are high schoolers, drunks, and dude weed lmaos. You won't see an interesting, diverse crowd at one or get to laugh at fatties like you might at Wal-Mart. As I type this, I'm really incredulous that you made such a thread. Is this bait? Where are you from?

Just go, you will anyways if staying more than a few days. Just don't expect to be blown away or even mildly fascinated/amused/entertained/impressed by anything

yeah, you guys just bury your customers in $30 worth of taxes with each meal.

hawaii?

I think i'd prefer that to what we get here, except for the sausage, I need that classic mcd sausage patty

>As I type this, I'm really incredulous that you made such a thread. And yet I continue to type.

I've got fond memories of Denny's because I only ever go there after midnight and before 6am after drinking heavily.
The location I'm at has great seasoned fries.
It's good for this use

I was too far in to delete and not post