I wanna go to Aldi but I heard it's a disorganized mess filled with poor people. Is it true?

I wanna go to Aldi but I heard it's a disorganized mess filled with poor people. Is it true?

The one I go to is pretty chill.

Not really. There's good stuff to be had at a good price (truffle infused salami for example) but the checkouts are a little frantic.

Check outs are literally not a problem if you put your cart in the correct position and don't autistically stack things like it's tetris (like obviously dont squash your bread, but that's fairly easy done without going full autism).

Every single person who complains about the checkouts is just doing it in a way that makes it difficult, either:
Trying to pack bags at the checkout
Not using both hands
Not using a cart/trolley
Putting cart/trolley in wrong position
Being pedantic about how you place your items back in your cart

Like you don't have to mercilessly throw them in but c'mon now, it's literally not even bad

>hurr durr poor people
Oh sorry, I didn't know you were a billionaire

They are not only poor financially but in spirit and class as well.

They sure do attract a lot of ugly people though.
I still shop there for basics but damn, feels like the unemployment center.

Aldi is like a really poor and shitty Trader Joes.
If you make more than minimum wage just go ahead and avoid altogether.

>durrrr other classes don't exist
there's a huge differences between dirt poor, broke, poverty, and 200% poverty, which is the max level to receive any benefits. absolutely 100% serious.

No shit Sherlock, they were founded by brothers, and operate as two companies (but in partnership).

its not disorganised, but it is always full of foreigners, so i guess thats the same as poor people

The one here sometimes has a few kids playing hide and seek and shit. It's still worth going if it's not too far out of the way. The cashier throughput is too high for them to remember you and they're not overly fake-friendly. I usually stop there on my way back from one of the Asian supermarkets.

Bring a box or bag because they don't provide any, and a quarter for the cart. You won't get that specific quarter back because you change carts at checkout. I usually leave the quarter in for the next shopper :-)

Fuckin wut?

Here in Norway, it is almost impossible to step inside the Aldi, due to all of the gypsies blocking the front for change

What are you confused about?

not him, but how does changing your cart at checkout work? don't you put your stuff back into your cart right after paying?

>You won't get that specific quarter back
>:-)
Autism.

I think he may be a moron.

You move your stuff from your cart to the conveyor belt and the cashier has the last person's cart on the end where your stuff goes after scanning. Then you take that cart and the cashier takes the cart that was yours.

That literally isn't how it works. At all. Like even a little bit. Perhaps the people working in your local store are inbred morons? It could explain things.

Enjoy your butt quarters

They have some exposed pallets under the produce bins so you can get a foot stuck, break a hip, and sue them for millions.

where the fuck do you live that checkouts work like that?

this sounds smart, but if one person doesn't use a cart then it fucks the system up

I shopped at the one here for Thanksgiving. I enjoyed the experience and found everything at a good price.

that's not how that works user
>put your stuff on belt
>move your cart to the end of the belt
>put stuff back in the cart, pay and leave
why would anybody add retarded, unnecessary steps to this simple process?

>they were founded by brothers, and operate as two companies (but in partnership).
really?

Yes!

Not But this is how it works at my local aldi's and yeah it does break the system unless the person without a cart can fucking bag quick

That's how mine works too. I'm not sure why they do it that way. I guess it's in case if someone comes without a cart, so the cashier still has a place to put stuff. But that could potentially cause problems too, so I dunno.

It's like one brother is republican (Rich people's store) and the other was a democrat (Down and out people's store)...

the more you know.jpg

What a well-reasoned and logical societal observation.

There's stuff I get a Trader Joe's because it's cheaper than Aldi. But I shop at Asian supermarkets more frequently because they're better and always have something good on clearance. No white people's kids stomping around screaming and the cashiers don't pretend to be my friend :-)

Trader Joe's is for stupid poor people who like to pretend they're not stupid poor people when they go to buy their (((value-added))) poison

I like to go in and look at the random shit in the middle aisle.
I bought a pair of imitation Crocs sandals on Sunday.
They look fucking ridiculous but they'll come in handy when I go fishing and boating.

>when I go fishing and boating.
that's nice, cletus

Are you the idiot who made that thread the other day about how much you love Asian supermarkets because there's no white people, despite being white yourself? The guy you're replying to is cancer, but so are you my friend.

The aldis nearest me is a haven for young black youths with nothing better to do except harass people while they shop. Its the only aldis ive been to though, so go figure.

STOP ADDING A POSSESSIVE S

there are two less than a mile from my house and they are both poorly organized messes filled with poor people. a good trip to aldi's for me is defined by how quickly I can find the cheese I want because it's moved around daily and if I can get in a line without anyone trying to use up all their food stamps. I don't mind poor people, just the ones buying an overfull cart that the incompetent checkers will take way too long to get through. Both aldi's have security guards always and janitors never.

Aldi cashiers are supposed to be faster because they pay a bit more than other stores so they get some who give a shit. They're really fast here.

If you go to Aldi for cheese, you are the poor people.

>No white people's kids stomping around screaming

That's surprisingly true of a lot of whitetrash shopping troughs and lower level whitetrash restaurants. Whitetrash simply can't control their kids whereas mud people generally keep a handle on theirs. It's a strange anamoly that needs examination as to causality.

>Whitetrash simply can't control their kids whereas mud people generally keep a handle on theirs.
Absolutely untrue if you've ever been to the Chuck E. Cheese in the Mexican neighborhood.

>Trader Joes
you know trader joes is owned by aldi, right?

No... it's because they have a computer program that spits out the scan times and slow cashiers are fired... Germany has great working standards in Germany because of the law, not because Germany companies are benevolent...

I go to Aldi Nord (that in the picture is Aldi Sud). I don't know how similar they are. What I buy at Aldi

>cheap meats (chicken thighs, pork belly, ground meat, sausages...etc

Never had any problems and from what I can see it is sourced from exactly the same people that Lidl and the more expensive supermarkets get their shit from. I guess this would vary by country.

>dark chocolate

They have some really basic dark chocolate that is good on its own or for baking)

>potatoes and onions

Most of their fruit and veg is sub par compared to other supermarkets the above are the same.

>peanuts

They have Trader Joe's stuff.

>eggs

They are decent.

What I don't buy from Aldi

>bread

It's shit

>fruit

It's often shit.

>cheese

Unless you want huge quantities of super cheap Gouda

>marmalade

I didn't think you could produce marmalade that is so disgusting

There were two brothers that feuded over selling tobacco products and split up the company... (Sort of like the same German family situation that formed Adidas and Puma).

In the Netherlands, Aldi is the only supermarket who employs middle aged cashiers. Every other supermarket, whether "budget" or "high class" all have under-20s working as cashiers, probably because they can pay them way less.

In English, it's Aldi North and Aldi South, North owns TraderJoes...

I bought some blueberry muffins in aldi when I was in the UK and I really liked them. Can I get them from aldi in my country? They don't sell the same stuff ?

I went to an Aldi for the first time last weekend. It seemed like everything was really cheap. I didn't buy much of anything so I don't know what the quality is like though. I'll probably go back.

Aldis.

>i hear aldi is disorganised
I've been to a half dozen locations in four US states. I wouldn't say any were disorganised.

>i hear aldi is full of poor people
While the poor are in no short supply, there's a growing number of middle class shopping there.

The one near my doctor's office recently renovated and started a single lane check-out with up to four active tills. Everyone queues together and when they get to the end, head over to whichever one of the four tills is free. Very fast.
The one near my house has lightning-quick workers manning the tills, so though the queue is long, the wait never is.

So true. There's a Whole Foods directly across the street from another chain supermarket in my area and the WF shoppers are all beautiful while the other place is populated almost exclusively by uggos.

It's how it works at all six US Aldi locations I've been to.

Not sure how it works at all locations but I've noticed that at the Aldi nearest me, if you get to the till without a trolley, the worker puts all of his purchases in the top section of the thing, where mothers strap in their toddlers.
Then, once they start scanning the next customer's stuff, the worker puts them into the larger, bottom part of the trolley. No slow down.

They don't sell the same stuff, no. Even different Aldi locations in the same city don't. The one nearest me sells locally made pierogi because lots of Poles here. The one near my doctor's office sells lots of Mexican stuff for some reason though no Mexicans live in that area. I guess they work as janitors at the university or something.

The only reason they're faster is because they don't waste time bagging the groceries you nincompoops.

The one I went to was always clean and barely any people were in it, which is a shocker to me considering they had really good food for great prices.

many years ago, i bought aldi brand cola and i was surprised at how good it tasted, might even prefer aldi cola over regular cola

Fuck off. Big city education man. If thay wants to use they're speling how thay think do good than leaf them to there own devices.

LIDL Ice Tea is still some of the best I've had. It's kinda nice when these stores sell products that taste as good as the big name products.

No, they track them and scold them for being slow. The store runs with very little staff, that's the way to keep the prices down and profits up...

>“[For checkout operators], you have to scan a minimum of 1000 items an hour,” a former Australian manager told news.com.au. “This is why we scan lightning fast. If you underperform they give you a written warning. Get written up for the same things three times in a month and you get fired.”

Aldi’s efficiency keeps costs low for customers, but also puts pressure on the supermarket’s relatively small number of staff, he said.

All levels of poverty regardless of race beget shitty children.

There's nothing wrong with being poor but poor people tend to be annoying and retarded.

>Exchanging your empty cart for someone else's quarter

no
the one i go to is mostly asians buying up all the milk and eggs

Had some coke there once, was surprisingly good.

I know people who are so retarded they add a possessive S at the end of every store.

>hey where did you find this?
>"I got it at Walmart's"

I went to an Aldi's once, and bought a box of crackers that ended up being outdated and stale. Never went back.

they'll refund 200% of your purchase price if you're not satisfied with any item.

in Australia we have a supermarket called Coles.

coles's, colses

ick

>buy 100$ of food
>return it all and get 200$ :^)

yep. you're definitely a nigger

How the fuck is that not abused

i'm sure people try
anecdotal at best, but i bought some taquitos from aldi. they were terrible. i took them back to the store. told the manager why i didn't like them. he refunded double my money. used it to buy take and bake pizza. it was surprisingly tasty

Global Rule #3 no racism outside of /b/...

Mangoes and pineapples are cheaper there than apples anywhere. How is this?

I went to one with my sister last week and it was too bad. But the store's pretty small, so the aisle's can end up being very cramped.

They also got off-brand shit, like pic-related.

In the UK, I would say that Lidl is better than Aldi and around the same price. Up until a few years ago they were very similar but Lidl seems to have gotten much better - nicer products, much nicer meat and yet still maintained its low price.

When I was younger i did most of my shopping at aldi.

Things to buy:
Iced tea
Chocolate
Cookies
Meat
Hot sauce and truffle oils when its a special buy

nigger

I love Aldi. It's a keto paradise

They have cheap
>Cheese
>Cold cuts
>Nuts
>Olives
>Oils
>Butter
>Pork rinds
>Eggs
>Bacon
>Dark chocolate
>sparkling water

Just don't buy the meat or fresh fruits/vegetables

No, you're the retard. That's exactly how it works. They do it like that so they have somewhere to put your stuff if you're still emptying your cart. There isn't any extra counter space after the conveyor belt.

That'll go with my ass pennies anyways.

>disorganized
Bot really but don't expect freshest and cleanest items
>poor people
Yes, this is true. As well as pensioners.

I hate going to aldi, the line always too long (something like ten people on each), not mentioning you need to bag and bring your own bag.
It is always filled with poorpiss soyboys buying cheapest avos, or chinks tourists, or slow ass pensioners.
Fruits are full with brown patches now and then.
The only time you can go there is like early saturday and early sunday where the cashier are still empty.
It is a last resort for me.

Woolworths' Coles'

Your Aldi must be different from my Aldi. I often stop there (because I'm literally already there) specifically for fruit.

they sell tasty sushi and amoroso rolls, so im pretty happy

The one in my neighborhood got updated. Very spacious and a good choice. The lines aren't a problem for me if I go Saturdays at noon

My local Coop has a guy in his 70's...

>Trying to pack bags at the checkout

So much fucking this. People take a fucking cart to put everything in the car afterwards yet they have no common sense to pack their bags at the fucking car holding up the whole line. Especially older people. Fuck them.

I agree. Except for items that must be handled with care, like easily damaged dairy products or raw eggs, you can easily keep up with the speed at which the cashier is scanning.

bump

Best place ever.
But yes, usually disorganised.

They usually have good deals on Bar S products so I go there every so often.

Literally go fuck yourself

The lines are long but they move freaky fast. Bringing your own bags isn't hard, but even if you don't, they have the option of buying plastic or paper bags. You're right about their shitty fruit, though. I never buy produce there because it tends to go bad within 2 days or less.

Not really, I've waited around 20 minutes while I can go to a next store with a self checkout with no queue (although the prices are a bit higher). They only open like three registers at most, and one on opening hours. If you see a chink tourist be prepared of a long wait time because they'll just dump out the coins or fucks up the credit card somehow.
I always bring my own bags because the bags price always get me a shitload of change.
I only buy bananas and apples there, seems pretty fine because the oranges always fucked up.
And bless them for supplying cheese, it's not bad for cooking. (And weird items such as truffles in mini jar that cheapo af)

>$500 worth of groceries
>return them
>$1000
>go to different Aldi’s
>????
>profit

>$500 worth of groceries
Why not $50,000?

Because I would need 50k to begin with user...