Yfw your favorite food place barely rotates out their cashiers and you are such a regular they start smiling when they...

>yfw your favorite food place barely rotates out their cashiers and you are such a regular they start smiling when they see you and already start putting your order before you even walk up

FUCK

that's only annoying if you sometimes want to order something different. The best is when they start giving you free shit or ringing you up for something cheaper than what you order

i want to be invisible, it feels like they are laughing at me for ordering the same thing every time

>favorite work lunchtime food place gets my order started and usually the manager comes to eat with me if he's there, occasionally one of the staff if he's not and it happens to be their break time.

I get why you'd feel that way, but I doubt that's the case. Food workers for whatever reason seem to like the regulars. Even if they know nothing else about you, they know what you like to eat and that's some level of intimacy. They feel like they know you.

>Dropped out of college
>Started drinking
>Started drinking more heavily
>Cashier at my local store and i always banter
>One day ask me if I'm OK, break down crying
>Start therapy, sort my shit out

Nah man, i like it

This. If you're a decent customer, they're more comfortable with talking to you, whereas a new customer might not have ever been to their restaurant and they have to answer a bunch of questions

Better than grimacing when they see you. It sounds like they enjoy your company, user

>Local coffee shop opens
>The decor is nice
>Espresso it's good
>I'm hooked.Jpg
Years later
>The shop has a consistent staff now and I know half of them on a first name basis, they know me too
>The owners know me
>I don't have a regular order, I just usually like stuff with a lot of caffeine
>The staff are always giving me free shit
>I chat with the staff a lot

I really like it user. I can understand just wanting to fuck off and he alone sometimes, but they really do make your time at any establishment better

>qt waitress starts to remember my order
>greets me by name
>makes small talk
>very friendly, almost flirting with me
>"Maybe I should ask for her number"
>last day she works there
>gives me stink eye and goes away without even saying goodbye

WHAT'S THE POINT OF BEING FRIENDLY, I WOULD HAVE LEFT TIPS REGARDLESS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They’re not laughing at you, you’re just projecting the shame you feel onto them.

Because guys will tip more if they wanna dick the waitress

I don't mind this as long as they don't get too chummy (calling me "hun" or "bro", or calling me by my name just because they saw it on my card once).

You don't know that. There's a high chance they are indeed laughing at his fat retarded ass

That is not what projection means.

Pretty much true, but we do tend to think you are a bit weird and wonder how you eat the same thing all the time. Less so if you don't come in often, but in these cases it's almost always someone who shows up at least once a week.

calm down bro

A Chinese food place near me that's family owned is kinda like this. The owner is an elderly Chinese woman that gets mad when people take longer than 5 seconds to decide as she knows people often have limited lunch breaks. She usually memorizes regulars/special orders as well as preferences for carry out or dine in. She counts money faster than anyone i have ever seen and the food is always fresh.
Honestly I have never seen someone work so hard.

MILLIMETERS OF BONE

I'm worried that the Asian skewer place near my home hates me or not

I often go by myself on a weekday although sometimes I've gone with friends. I try not to take up too much space and I don't go by myself if it's too crowded/busy. They have a cheap drinks special so I order a few of those, and some skewers. Probably comes to $20-30 on average. I leave like a 50% tip if I ordered just drinks, and I try to tip generously in general, but idk, some of them stopped smiling.

Relevant because there's only a few regular waitresses. The moreso fobby ones are nice but the rest are generally curt. There was a super-friendly lady but she stopped working there.

how about trying something different you boring cunt

I worked food service, we all like the regulars as long as they're nice. It's like seeing a friendly face like a neighbor or friend. It makes us happy to know people have positive experiences with the restaurant.

what do you order ?

change him back

2 mcchickens, large fries, 2 large dr peppers, 10 piece nuggies, and a chocolate shake to dip them in

FIX HIM! YOU BROKE HIM, YOU BASTARD!

I know a dude who looks like the right image

He's a real jackass

All in your head. A 50% tip is more than enough to be on their good side

But $50 is only if I ordered just drinks,
like it comes to $3 for a pint and if I got 2 I would just leave a $10

But for food+drinks I try to pay over 15%, like a 17% minimum. Also it turns out that people calculate tip before tax, but I just do it after, so I'm apparently paying more than everyone else?

I just had the impression that people wouldn't like people who come alone, order only/mostly drinks, and just alcoholics in general

No

What's wrong hun?

I think this level of neet insanity is hilarious. I would love to be a regular in someplace. I managed it for awhile when I lived in the city, and it was the fucking best. Got free drinks and cheaper food all the time, because I tipped well and was in often.

Yeah I'm sure they are laughing at you. Or maybe they tell themselves oh cool it's that guy at least it's not a nigger or a soccer mom who's gonna ask to talk to the manager. Yeah they're definitely laughing at you OP.

Maybe I'm just a fucking delight to be around but literally every place I go to, the owners/staff and I get chummy. Though, admittedly, I don't have a regular order anywhere, really.

that's pretty nice, to bad i'm to autistic to have a normal conversation with people. how do you do that?

being genetically superior tends to do that

WHY IS HE SO FUCKING UGLY!?

as long as your nice i couldn't give a shit
what this guy said

I just feel ashamed when I go to the same liquor store and they know me

My fiancee and I are on pretty friendly terms with our grocer, butcher, fishmonger, wine merchant, even with some of the guys at the supermarket. Particularly the grocer, we might hang about chatting with whoever's on there for half an hour if it's quiet and we have nothing better to do. It's actually rather pleasant to be on first name terms with the people you buy your food from, and we get cost price or free stuff all the time.

left looks better

>Food truck outside Uni with authentic Thai food
>Fucking love my Thai food
>Become regular
>Chef shouts A16! A16! (the chicken panang) as soon as he sees me. I just nod in agreement.
>Gets my food ahead of others regardless if they were first
>Gets shrimp chips, vegetable rolls, sides, drinks, etc. for free
>Feels so fucking good

Been there. Good for you, user.

Used to be like this at Subway.
I'd go 2-3 times a week while I was in high school.
I got the prime sub every time then they broke the news they weren't serving it anymore.
They also gave me double cheese for free

you just live in the midwest :)