/tipping/ general

What the "correct" way to tip?

Whenever I get food delivered or got to a restaurant I often tip based on the price of the meal before taxes/delivery charge. 15% base, 20% for good service or if I have something delivered that's on sale. My friend complained that I'm being too tight-fisted but I don't see why I should tip based on taxes and additional charges.

Am I being too jewey? How do you tip, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MrQwN8JorDk&t=1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tipping threads aren't about food and cooking - they are an obvious invitation to bigoted
>am I being too jewey
and /int/ernational shitposting
enjoy your cancerous, idiotic thread

>My friend complained that I'm being too tight-fisted
FUCK that guy. I wouldn't be surprised if they're a food service or a former food service worker with a serious entitlement complex.

It's related to food services.

I didn't mean to offend. I should have said;
>Am I acting like a gyp?

0 dollars and 0 cents.
If they complain, video related.
youtube.com/watch?v=MrQwN8JorDk&t=1s
>BUT
You willingly signed a contract saying you get optional payment. Too bad. Why give away money when you don't need to? Even millionaires spend small amounts wisely.

10% of the total, or for example, if the total is $48.75 I tip $1.25 so I could just flat out the grand total

you're perfect, tipping on non food charges (tax, delivery)would be retarded
i start at 10 for showing up, and go up to 20 for great service

It's not optional payment, it's a possible bonus.
Delivery and waiters will A L W A Y S make minimum wage, and that's federal law. If you're such a shit employee that you make under minimum, the business makes up the difference.
Anyone crying about the "$2.13 cash wage" is either lying, retarded, or both.

depends on if theyre white

15% of the pretax value is the correct amount, more if you were particularly happy

I tip 5 bucks no matter what. fuck math.

I always tip 20% then add a few bucks on top. unless it was bad service then they get like 10-15%

I don’t believe in tipping.

>order pizza
>estimated time is 40 min
>1 hour, 20min later
>teenager delivery boy arrives with my pizza
>total is $16.31
>give him the whole $20
>ask for change
>"oh sorry i dont have change"
>"oh that's alright then"
>call up pizza place and ask for my change back
>they make the pizza boy drive all the way back to give me $3.69 in change

Entitled little fucks.

instead of not tipping, i don't even go to restaurants . They don't my money , and they don't get a tip.

leave a scrap of paper that says "get a better job". that's a good tip, right?

Which pizza place?

At Pizza Hut they make all drivers carry 15$ (One 5 and ten 1s) as a bank for tips with most of it being given back at the end of the shift minus the reimbursement for gas money depending on how many deliveries they made. No coins though.

So most likely yeah, the kid was lying through his teeth unless he just didn’t have any small bills left after giving change for like every other delivery he made that day, which is rather unlikely

I don't, what with living in a country that pays service workers an actual wage instead of forcing the customers to compensate for the owner's cheapness. Tips are reserved for exceptional service.

>That'll be 3 bones, plus treat!

Three dollars as long as it's not a huge order. More if you get $50 or more worth of food. Delivery drivers make plenty as long as they do their job right.

>people tipping precentages to the guy who gets paid to drive food to you like they are waitstaff
No. They get cash rounded up from the bill to the nearest 5 or whatever.

These days 90% of businesses are paying their drivers in addition to whatever tips they make. Some also cover gas money.
Driving 1 bag of fried rice and wonton is the same amount of work as 2 bags of fried rice and wonton.
They are not entitled to a percentage.

at least 10% tip, nothing below that except i'm really short on cash, which is never really the case. i have worked in customer support years ago and i know how shit people can be to service staff. if they try and are nice, on tip, etc, i tip. if the service is shit, that also means no tip.

just think about how you'd hate to be somebodies bitch, walk around, get food, get treated like you don't matter, not being appreciated because "it's just a/your job". life's hard as it is, a bit of appreciation can be rewarded with a few bucks, because i certainly wouldn't be capable of keeping my shit together, being nice and all that.

Yes I always tip. Closer to 20%, sometimes less

This
Paying any waitstaff a percent of the bill is retarded unless your order makes their job significantly harder. You don't deserve more money because you carried a glass of expensive liquor out rather than a glass of water.

You realize they separate the alcohol on the bill for a reason right?