What are your go-to lazy meals Veeky Forums? What do you cook when you can't be fucked putting together a good meal?

What are your go-to lazy meals Veeky Forums? What do you cook when you can't be fucked putting together a good meal?

Other urls found in this thread:

thenovicechefblog.com/2013/02/chocolate-peanut-butter-mug-cake/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's been times when I've taken the ramen block from a ramen packet, smeared it with some peanut butter and just ate it like that.

It's not as bad as it seems.

Cereal mostly
Maybe a sandwich or a smoothie

I tend to do up a lot of chicken marinades and freeze them. Just like, get a ziplock bag, dump in all the marinade ingredients, dump in a chicken breast, and freeze it.

That way when I know I won't want to cook a real dinner the next night I can just defrost one in the freezer, then make some rice or something to go with it and call it a day.

pasta

Air

pesto pasta with cabanosi, takes like 20 mins, its cheap, and i eat it for almost every meal

brownie in mug
nutella on sandwich
water in glass
alcohol
vape

I make a bunch of mango salsa, hummus, chili, clam chowder, baked beans, etc... In advance.
That way i can be lazzy for 6 days out of the week.

Chicken broccoli and rice,
Sandwiches,
Fried eggs + something,
Yoghurt and müsli

instant yakisoba is the greatest thing I've come across.

triscuits straight from the box

Chopped vegetable from the freezer, soy sauce and an egg. Stir in a hot pan. Can literally be done in 5 minutes and is rather healthy.

Bread with hummus sea salt and pepper
Pasta with sauteed onions, garlic, and mushrooms
Lentils w/ mixed vegetables seasoned.
Bag of frozen berries w/ cranberry juice for easy smoothie, or use pineapple bananas and orange juice.
Stir fry with frozen mixed vegetables, chicken, and some korean bbq sauce

Spaghetti or PBJ and as much alcohol as possible, just like Dad used to make.

>put salmon, defrosted spinach/broccoli/peas, creme fraiche and spices in a bowl
>microwave it
>mix with defrosted pre-cooked pasta I have in the freezer portion packed
>microwave a litte bit more
>put hot sauce on it if the spices weren't enough

HERBS FROM GARDEN, OMELETTE, SALAD

TOMATO, ANCHOVY, OLIVE OIL, BREAD FROM BAKERY

WHITE BEANS, TOMATO, ONION, EGG

CANNED MAC N CHEESE, KETCHUP, CHILLI FLAKES

MYSELF, POO, MIRROR, THE PHONE, ANYONE

i have a few...

pan fried hamburger patty, brown rice and microwave, steamed green beans

broiled kielbasa sausage, box of shells and chez with microwave steamed carrots

broiled pork chops, either rubbed with fennel and onion, or slap some bbq sauce on 'em, some knorr noodles and a microwave steamed veggie

a frozen pizza with a salad

This, I've always got a pot of something in the fridge for when I feel lazy.
One of my favorites is minestrone, it's one of the comfiest soups.

Pasta in boiled water for 5-10 minutes then mix in a jar of ready-made pesto.

I just started making burritos in large batches and freezing them. I just made some black bean, spanish quinoa, jalapeno, and potato burritos that weren't bad. First time using quinoa. Would have been better with some rice or farro but more protein with quinoa.

Bruh we had the same dad

I just walked to the corner store and bough pic related and a roll. Heated the stuff up and had a channa masala sandwich. Bretty gud, actually.

i make stir-fries a lot my dude
putting some veggies on boil-in-bag rice is quick, perfectly filling, and impossible to fuck up

dont blame you
its good as fuck if you cook ramen, drain the water, add the seasoning packet, and then stir some peanut butter in to make some cheap ass pad thai

Stir frys, fried rice, chili, or pizza. Things that fall into either "I can make this with some effort in less than 15 minutes" or "I can make this with no effort over an hour or so"

>my dude
Are you a weed dealer?

i make scrambled eggs
>crack eggs into a cup
>mix
>add water, mix again
>pour into pan
>heat, wait a while
>flip over like a pancake, wait a bit more
even make them golden brown too, pretty good desu

Smoothie for breakfast, Alfredo penne with TVP for lunch, bean stew for dinner. Every weekday.

I used to just cook 4 eggs for dinner but eating that many eggs by themselves has the texture of snot. Now I make pasta carbonara minus the meat so basically spaghetti and eggs. Seasoned with some salt, black pepper and red pepper.

Cured meat, bread, and hard cheese

Gnocchi with boscaiola for company. Under 10 mins. On my own, Roo snags with salad. About 15 mins, but you only have to get up when the singing from the pan changes.

rice, greens, bacon, eggs. cover it with chili garlic or whatever you want.

so, an omelette

what spices

For me, it's the McChicken.

I just put some broccoli and fish fingers in the oven for dinner just then. Drowned it in tartare sauce.
Was OK

i used to live of off nesquick chocolate powder and milk when i was broke and toasted cheese n ham sandwiches. barely eat/drink either these days. now it's salad with tomatos and mozarella with bread, every once in a while a blt or a bacon sandwich and of course cereals

I mix a raw egg into hot pasta and then grind on some black pepper. If I have cheese laying around I throw that on there too.
It's like carbonara but for the REALLY poor

and a dry one at that

For lazy situations I usually just grab leftovers. Alternately I'll grab some soup, gumbo, chili, etc out of the freezer and nuke it. Another option would be to make a fry-up of whatever I happen to have in the fridge. Fritattas and omelets are nice too since you can load 'em up with whatever you have on hand.

The rice cooker is also great for lazy meals. Put rice in it as usual, then put other foods on top and run it. As long as the ingredients you add aren't too large or thick they will steam as the rice cooks.

I'm pretty wealthy but I still eat low effort trashy food. I'm not sure if that makes you feel any better.

how do you into mug cakes? I can never get the texture right but have only tried 4-5x. Tell me mug wizard

I'm not poor, I'm lazy.
Thanks.

nah my dude

Ground chuck, taco seasoning, chunky salsa, habanero.

Whatever I happen to have at home. Salt, pepper, ground onion, ground garlic, sweet or smoked paprika, herbs, chili, fennel, even saffron can be good. And some lemon or lime juice often helps as well.

greek yogurt smoothie

I use this recipe but I don't really keep vegetable oil other than olive oil in the house so I just sub in a pat of butter, which probably makes it better anyway.

thenovicechefblog.com/2013/02/chocolate-peanut-butter-mug-cake/

Ziplock some rice at the start of the week. Canned chicken, leftover meat, whatever. Add vegetable. I like, spinach, corn, or peas. Throw it in a pan with butter, and a good sauce, broth, or gravy from another meal. Takes 5 minutes, can result in a lot of food, isn't garbage for you, and I shit you not I've cried from some of these meals before.

a big ass glass of milk

Get some duck soup from a pho place and use the broth in ramen, on rice, or anything that would be upgraded by a heavy broth. Works for 3-5 meals and fixes low tier meals into mid tier ones.

Lazy man’s enchiladas by Jack Scalfani

Ham or turkey, favorite cheese, and a flour tortilla wrap. Wrap it up, it's better tasting than as just a bread sandwich

Matzo brei, mac n cheese or (prepackaged) fondue on the stove

racist

No mention of the potato.

Cut it up real small and nuke it for 3 minutes. Then throw them in a hot pan with some oil until they brown.

Or the lazy way. 7-8 minutes in a microwave, cut open add butter or if no butter olive oil and salt.

Pickle and cheese sandwich.

Rice with soy sauce and mayo if I'm on the cheap.

today i made soup out of clamato and macaroni

Frozen salmon with frozen spinach and some carbs I have arround. Usuall y some penne.

>fry onion and ground beef in oil
>add frozen spinach
>feta cheese if you want

spice how you like serve on pasta