What is the actual reason it's hard to stop eating hummus?

What is the actual reason it's hard to stop eating hummus?

Is it the combination of umami+salty?

starch, fat, salt.
It's the donut effect.
Also, bland.
The blander the food, the more you eat.
(There's a whole research field on it)
It's why chain restaurants. chocolates, processed food... etc taste so shit most of the time nowadays.

UMAYMAY

Hummus has the texture of wet sand

That makes sense.

Still though, it's probably the only food that have to actually use willpower to STOP eating. Anything else is just a "oh that sounds like it could be good, I'll have a little," but with hummus I have to deliberately take the steps to put it away because I'll keep eating it. I don't even snack on it, I just devour it. It's so bizarre to me.

Don't listen to that retard's mom science. Hummus is relatively low in salt and fat compared to many common snack foods and "high in starch" is not something that can be measured. Also, it's not bland at all.

>hummus
>umami
Retard.

Hummus has lots of fat from tahini and extra virgin olive oil.

What I'll sometimes do is water down my hummus to where I can drink it like a milkshake (water tends to separate since it's an emulsification so I do it right before consumption)

garbanzo beans and tahini are both relatively high in glutamates m80

>relatively
Retard.

I don't like hummus

>drinking hummus
>like a milkshake
Stop ruining hummus you infidel

The acual reason is lack of self-control.
You're welcome.

Relative to wet sand ya dingus.

which buzzfeed article did you glean this pile of horseshit from?

ur an odd duck user

sounds like a eating disorder. never thought it was hard to stop eating anything

The human taste buds are geared toward three specific things 1) salt 2) sugar and 3) fat. It's why everyone loves BBQ and if you don't then you're not human. If you put two of those three together, you've got something special. In the case of hummus, salt and fat...also the starchy carb element is tasty to most people.

You're not doing it right.

i fucking love hummus

trick is to buy really small packets of crackers and limit yourself to one packet to eat the hummus with

OP here and it tasted like dirt or shit or dirty shit the first time I ate it

but now I can't get enough. That's why I'm confused. I'm wondering if it actually has addictive properties, similar to the "acquired taste" of coffee

Has anyone tried roasting the chickpeas before and/or removing the skin? Does it make a big difference

Post foods you can't stop eating when you start

>What is the actual reason it's hard to stop eating hummus?
That delicious estrogen

That whole bland thing reeks of bullshit.

Removing the skin makes the end product smoother in texture. Adding 1/2 tsp baking soda to the simmering chickpeas will help get the skins off

>not eating hummus
How does it feel like to be a pleb?

Thanks, reddit