Ethnic Vegans are IN

Are there any non-whites here who have a vegetarian or vegan diet? How do members of your ethnic community perceive you? Do you get any strange or rude comments?

I think anything the obesity-suffering American Black community can do to improve their eating habits is beneficial. I think that something like 4/5 Black women are overweight now but don't quote me on that*.

Veganism is a bit extreme for most but healthier eating habits have the potential to really improve the lives of vulnerable minority communities.

nytimes.com/2017/11/28/dining/black-vegan-cooking.html

archive.is/KW66g

*Percent of women aged 20 and over with obesity: 56.9% (2011-2014)

cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/black-health.htm

Man fuck you

There's something vaguely racist about using the word "ethnic" to refer to people who aren't white.

Asian here. I'm not vegetarian or vegan but I'm usually derided as one on Veeky Forums because my diet includes more than just microwave hamburgers and mayonnaise salad like your average shrill flyover. Does that count? Also I am regularly called a "nigger" on Veeky Forums which I am pretty sure qualifies as being intimately familiar with the black experience. I also saw Cornell West give a speech once and he's black.

I would say, offhand I probably know more black vegans than vegans of other races, not really sure why that is.

Asians don't count for this, nigger. Everybody knows you're born liking tofu, asians are the original soibois.

I'm actually having tofu for dinner, but I don't really eat it that much. Maybe 3 or 4 times a month.

Look at that jelly roll she's got goin on

That's true, considering Ethnicity can be applied to any country of origin, I.e French, Italian etc.

Flour, sugar and ethically sourced plant oils are very vegan.

It's literally racist to point out that someone is of a different race. What really matters is the intention behind the racism. Is it wrong to say that someone is an ethnic vegan? I don't think so, unless the context is to make fun of a particular ethnicity, which in this case, doesn't seem to be what their aim is. It's merely trying to illustrate that white people don't season their food, which IS racist, and has ill intention to it, but since its racism against white people, its perfectly acceptable. Because muh privilege.

It must be so hard to be white. I can't imagine how traumatizing it must feel to go on the internet and see people making jokes about how you prefer food without hot sauce

What does racism mean to you? Genuinely curious. Does it mean to make any mention towards race? Would saying Asians are short be racist (even though it is a verifiable fact)? Is mentioning a stereotype racist?

People always say 'that's racist!', but what do they mean by that?

It's not traumatizing, it's just annoying. All sorts of people, from all sorts of walks of life, talk and interact on here daily, and its very interesting to talk to them. But then someone starts being racist and the whole discussion gets derailed. I guess I kind of committed that crime in this particular instance, but at least, it was related to the thread. Sorry.

Racism is differentiating between races. That's literally all it is, but then, the popular meaning is, differentiating in a NEGATIVE way. I will use "safe" racism here (i.e., against white people, as that is PC), "white people can't jump". Not related to cooking, but, if I were to use a cooking related bit of racism, and it's something that has popped up here on Veeky Forums from time to time (albeit obviously bait); "white people can't stand seasoning on their food".

Saying that it's racist to point out someone of a different race, is racist. Saying "that's racist" is just calling more attention to the fact that they are, indeed, a different race. In fact, saying that anything is racist at all is implying that different races exist, which is racist.

So basically, everything is racist?

What is the most racist pizza topping? Least racist? Why?

Pepperoni is the most racist, because it discriminates against muslims, who can't have pork. Otherwise, I dunno. Maybe pork sausage. Least racist? No toppings. Straight margherita. Few people have issues with margherita pizzas.

The KKK topping and the SJW faggot topping

I eat pizza with fried chicken on it to prove I'm not racist. If I was racist, why would I be eating food that niggers like?

Any kind of meat + dairy is anti-semitic

Checkmate atheists

Margherita is a visual representation of colonialism and white supremacy. Beautiful, golden, whiteness sits atop a thick wet layer of blood harvested to obtain money (represented by the green basil). The brown, indifferent plebeian massed crust sits at the bottom, supporting everyone else structurally, but generally getting ignored otherwise.

What does the extra virgin olive oil represent? The Catholic Church?

I thought it was just because you can't risk cooking an animal in its mother's milk? Chicken and milk, for example, should be fine, surely?

>he thinks there's some kind of logic to Judaism
You sweet, sweet child

Non-whites don't experience racism in western countries. They had to make up concepts like "microaggressions" to make up for their lack of experiencing racism to justify why they're still failures in life.
So mean comments on the internet is pretty much the extent of it for them.

White people had to make up garbage criteria like "cultural fit" to explain why they needed to start ignoring GPA and test scores when we started crowding them out of the admissions game

Luckily there were lots of other non-whites to blame when this backfired

Test scores don't really tell the whole story, right? Except when it was only you vs the blacks and hispanics in which case they're proof that whites are the master race

It's funny how ignoring test scores is fine when it benefits blacks but bad when it hurts Asians. It's basically impossible than the races have equal genetic potential for intelligence. Whether or not whites are at the top of this doesn't bother me - it makes sense for any group to want to put their own interests first.
I'll put it this way - non-whites don't experience racism in white countries, but they should until they leave.

No whats really annoying is getting blamed for niggers killing people, destroying cities, raping everyone, robbing everyone, and taking advantage of the welfare state that we provide, among (many) other things, and then having all brown skinned people blame us for it while voting for the same politicians that create the situation in the first place. Thats whats annoying to me.

>Whether or not whites are at the top of this doesn't bother me
>I-I'm not really m-mad, baka!

>But at least we're not black!

Niggers eat vegetables instead of processed sugars/fat.
What a priceless bit of information my life has improved 10 fold since i read this post.
I can only express gratitude because that is all i feel in regards to your efforts put towards enlightening me on such an interesting topic.

I'm really not. The 3-5 IQ gap between whites and east Asians isn't that big of a deal and even if it was I'd put my race's interests first. That's all there is to it.

nigger

honestly nothing could be better for the black community and america in general than black people becoming vegan and the family unit being restored.

If anyone here has lives around niggers, you know damn well that they love they meat

>AYE YO WHAT KINDA MEAT U GOT?
>YE YE I WANT DAT EXTRA MEAT.
>WHAT KIND MEAT COME ON DAT?

Do you leave your chicken and pork bones directly on the table instead of the plate like a filthy fucking chink?

pepperoni is the least racist because it contains some meat that offends each religion. a tomato pie is least racist. and if you're having it in new england also some of the best pizza you've ever had.

10/10 troll take notes kids

Ethnic, in this sense of the term, is generally implicit to mean "of non-mainstream western culture"

It has nothing to do with race.

>It's literally racist to point out that someone is of a different race.

No its not, look up racism
I can point to a black man and say hes black, do you think that's racist?
If i hate him solely for being black, that is racist.

What do they teach millennials these days?

>Me at Six Flags

you're conflating the terms "racist," "prejudice," and "stereotyping"

There's a vegan place here in a black neighborhood and it's regularly at 100% capacity.

you rayciss, muhfugga

Minorities don't understand white man's burden.

Subways chicken is already like 40% soy
I donut black Americans eat any real meat unless they are having wings or pork drenched in so much barbecue sauce you would guess it's a stew

>i donute

It's funny how you can tell the races of people by how they respond to this.

Nigger.

White SJW.

>Implying culture is upstream from race

I wonder what's going through his head at that moment.

>bix nood muthafucka

That or a hollow point

>t. soymonkey

i'd love to see these picaninnies waltz around africa asking pic related for "vegan, gluten free tacos."

>not leaving bones on your table
>not showing to other skeletons what you to do skeletons who try to fuck with you
that's why skeletons keep coming back to your house

No, we don't spit sunflower seed shells all over the place either

I think you might have gotten asians and black people confused. It's a natural mistake, we're very good at distinguishing members of our own race but other races all kind of blend together. For instance, you look pretty much like blacks to us too

If she's vegan why is she so pudgy? I tried it once and I couldn't keep the weight on if I tried.

YAAAAAAAAAS QUEEEEEEEEEN SLAYYYYYYYY

it must be so hard being black, I can't imagine how traumatizing it must feel to have retarded rednecks that don't matter say "duuh dey is monkey". grow a spine, racism is bad universally, but you'd have to be completely incapable and mentally handicapped to be traumatized or even really hurt by it. It's besides the point, the real harm is racial tension, and both create it

why do you define yourself by race when there are many thousands of variables that define you? it seems so primitive to me.

really enjoying the fact that the nytimes article's pic is of an overweight black vegan hahahahaha

SUGAR HAS BONE MEAL ADDITIVES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

She looks healthy to me.

Race is a breeding population you evolved with to fit an environment. In that way it's like an extended family much more than other races are. This also means you shouldn't expect equality in the frequencies of any traits between races.
Just because white people have suppressed their in group-preference doesn't mean others have (and they haven't) or will in the future.
Culture is harder to separate from race than people like to act it is.
I just like the world being racially diverse.
Etc. Etc.

She's definitely fat.

"ITAL IS VITAL" is nothing new in the Rastafarian community

Not all of them moron

>"ITAL IS VITAL"

Meaning what?

I'm sure google can help you with that.