Spam

Why is spam so expensive? Its like $3 for a 12oz can. I can buy two pounds of chicken thighs for just over $2.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_poisoning
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probably has something to do with hipsters.

Spam should be an occasional treat while chicken is something to eat more frequently, so it's not surprising.

Hawaiians.

Agreed. I hate when they sell poverty food at high prices. Same thing with with sardines and american "cheese."

I'm too embarrassed to buy spam.

>spam
>treat

>spam
>not a treat

For the millionth time, kraft is not american cheese

Because it actually takes more work to make a can of Spam than it does a pound of chicken thighs.

>he has never had spam musubi
I feel sorry for u lad

Hence the quotation marks, friend.

Spam didn't become popular because it was cheap, it became popular because it first appeared just before WWII and it didn't need refrigeration so it was snapped up for military use as well as post war relief operations so it became a ubiquitous staple for about 20 years.
It's also part of the reason polynesians are some of the fattest people in the world.

faggot

I see some cans of that shit next to the expensive canned fish old ladies like but I have never seen anyone buy it
Like I could afford a couple steaks for that price plus it just look like some wierd processed hotdog shit and I don't even know if it's raw of has to be cooked
Americans will ear fucking anything jesus

>I don't even know if it's raw of has to be cooked
it is a cooked product but frying it makes it tasty

it does look pretty gross and maybe it's because i grew up with it, but fried spam with some rice and a fried egg is tasty boy

Are your chicken thighs going to last years on the shelf?

they did on your mom

Absolutely rude. Never reply to me ever again.

you cant stop me

spam kimchi fried rice w/ egg. will change your goddamn life

The offbrands here are pretty cheap, makes for some decent lazy food. Like today's lunch for example.

>not having 6 dozen cases of spam in your basement hideout for when it happens

Have fun getting butchered by niggers trying to get your hands on a box of apple Jacks in the future faggot

my nigger. i'm korean so i grew up on that stuff

you got pickled vegetables and rice in that basement too?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_poisoning

Is that john freeman

I used to make them for a living

and you never tried one?

pls give kimchi recipe

Shelf stability.

i've only ever helped my mom make kimchi :( parents moved back to korea so i never get to eat it anymore and store bought just aint the same

Long ago, I walked into a Wal-mart in Hawaii that had a sale on Spam. I've never seen anything like that before in my life.

ask your mom for the recipe

kek so childish

As the ancient Hawaiians used to say I'd rather have spam than green eggs and ham

i could, but i dont think i'd make it. it's a shitton of work and i dont eat much korean at home anymore besides anju when i drink. my roomies are korean too though and one of them has an aunt who lives near us and we get kimchi from her

i missed you uncle tito

>spam
>not treet

is it because you are a boy and kimchi is made by women?
just wear a dress while you're doing it

spam in hawaii and maybe korea is like fried chicken for black people. just a few years ago i thought the general populace in the continental states agreed that spam was low-tier but then hipsters had to hip. that being said, it's fucking awful for you to have it regularly health wise.

t. hawaiian-born mutt in the states

treet is the shit, breh. treet, cubed and refrigerated til its cold, then hot sauced on saltenes. it's so fucking trashy but i love it

>rice
>eggs
>spam
>gravy
It all goes into a bowl in that order. Goodbye to being a skeleton.

>tfw can buy ten plates of rice with vegetable dish at streetside with a price of one imported can of spam
Feelsbadman

>gravy
bleh
fried spam and eggs with rice & some soy sauce is easy and good

>off brands
there's something weird about the way they fry
i like my spam so fried that it's almost burnt because i like the outside to be really crunchy but with the off brand stuff i have to lightly fry it or else the entire thing is just... dry?

Spam is one of those things that doesn't really have a good generic brand.

What's the stuff you put on the rice?

>implying you can buy multiple steaks for $3

furikake

Thanks

Thin skinned soyboy