Air Fryer

What is Veeky Forums`s opinion on air fryers?

Ineffective gimmick. Just get a deep fryer. They are not only faster, but produce a much better crispy surface.

I'm not even sure why air fryers exist. Is it just people with an irrational fear of deep frying? That's sort of mind-boggling.

Health.

>Is it just people with an irrational fear of deep frying? That's sort of mind-boggling.

That and they have no idea how to do it properly at home. Most countertop deep fryers are absolute garbage that can't keep a stable temperature even if you don't overload it, which is also a super common mistake. Best way is a big pot and a lot oil if you want to deep fry at home if you don't want to spend hundreds or thousands on an actual decent quality fryer. The more oil volume and less overloading, the less temp drop you will have when you drop a bunch of frozen stuff in it which is pretty much the difference between crisp, golden brown, and delious and a soggy, greasy pile of shit. Lid for the pot will also help retain temperature.

fries and tendies machine

people who are actually healthy dont mind eating a junk food meal here and there as long as they stick to their diet. air fryers are for fat people who also buy fat free milk, mayo and ranch.

That's what I mean about the "irrational" part. There's nothing particularly unhealthy about deep-fried food, assuming it is done correctly. If the oil temperature is correct then only trace amounts of the oil get into the food.

Agreed nearly 100%. I'm with you regarding everything except your mention of a lid. Lids are dangerous on fryers because condensation (water) can build up on them if you leave the lid on while you're frying. Then that condensation drips down into the oil and causes potentially severe splatter. Leave the lid off your fryer when you are using it. It's for storage purposes only.

how is this better than an oven?

That's a good point, I actually keep the lid slightly ajar on a very tall but narrow pot only filled like half full so that might be why it hasn't been so bad, but I'm always concious of it and pick it straight up and then tilt it when it isn't over it.

Because I have to clean the fryer when I'm done with it.

Why? Just put the lid back on it and set it aside for next time. You only have to clean it periodically, not every single time you use it.

Or, if you're using a pot of oil on the stovetop then get a dedicated pot for deep frying. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, a cheapo one will work just fine. Done frying? Stick the lid on.

>using the same oil you used to fry chicken to fry veg to fry sweets

Horrid

Every restaurant on earth does that.

All the good ones dont. Hell, even McDonalds seperates them.

Just fuck off. This is Veeky Forums. You want justification for your overpriced piece of shit tool, you fucking tool, go to pinintrest. We cook around here. You Instagram.

uses less power, heats up faster, smaller space for heat to circulate so foods crisp better. Veeky Forums should love it, it won't make mommy mad that they used an entire oven to bake a few strips of chicken

$50
>overpriced

>>Dumb cunt who can't use a saucepan

Spend that $50. That's about the price of a whole boneless sirloin

>>What's boneless sirloin?

Look it up, you piece of shit civillian.

My parents bought one for their house, and let me say its the most useless thing I've ever seen. They said they bought it for health and to save some money on cooking oil, but you might as well just put it in the oven.
constant flipping, can't see the food while it's in (at least the model they bought), basically a microwave

>overpays for a shitty cut of meat

Who's the dumb cunt now lmao

I think your dumb ass is talking about a single steak while user is talking a whole fucking primal that you could cut into many steaks.

>>Never bought a whole piece in a box, let alone broken down a side

Fucking civilian. Smash an avocado, neckbeard. Cos you couldn't do buying, prep and run your own station. Pissant.