My boss brought in some pulled pork!

My boss brought in some pulled pork!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=An9FA6a8dyc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How suspiciously nice of your boss. Check for contaminants.

>so long dental plan

Dumb meme food for wagecucks

Kek

Health code violation. Report his ass.

>"pulled pork" from a crock pot
ishyggydyygy

LISA NEEDS BRACES

This. I hope he at least added liquid smoke or something to give it a somewhat closer flavor to what it should be like.

>This

What's a better way to do pulled pork?

In a fucking smoker.

Smoke it

Ok thanks. But what if you don't have a smoker or can't afford one, is an oven acceptable?

you can build one for the price of a few bricks

I would tell him he's a piece of shit for wasting that pork instead of making carnitas

Fuck off, AB

You can do it in the oven, but it will turn out similar to having it done in a crock pot. The image in OP looks like it's supposed to be BBQ style, which is done best in a smoker and doing it in a crock pot or oven really sacrifices a lot of the great flavor from smoking it. If you were do do a more herbal flavor I'd be inclined to recommend the oven as it will lock the flavors in the juices that pool in the bottom which you can use as a dressing.

enjoy your ramen you weeb

This is possible too. A lot of people build their own smokers. If you have some dedication you can put one together with bricks. A lot of people swear on this because you can customize. Downside is you can break it by throwing a baseball at it.

or, god forbid, the oven

not that it's nearly as good as smoking but holy shit god rest that poor pigs soul having been placed in a slow cooker

>Ok thanks. But what if you don't have a smoker
Turn in your man card, user. And hand over those testicles.

>>or can't afford one
Then you can make one.

>>is an oven acceptable?
Is Trump a good president?

this might be the worst post I've ever seen

At least it didn't have some dumb image posted next to it.

This post may as well mean an oven is thr only acceptable method for pulled pork.

Idiots.
He's using the crockpots just to keep the meat warm. You can see by looking at the pulled pork it wasn't cooked in those, otherwise there would be way more liquid in those pots.
An old boss of mine used to make his own smoked sausage and brisket, and he'd bring it to work in crockpots to keep it hot until lunchtime. How the fuck do you think someone can keep meats warm in an office?

Yea why doesn't he just bring a fucking smoker into an office

Millennials detected. Do you guys think that if you were raised with hands-on experience that you'd be less afraid of the idea of building your own smoker? Problem solving and practical skills seem to be lacking in your generation, wouldn't you agree?

that's it hand in your man card. and your testicles too.

He can smoke it outdoors in advance user, and then bring it in. You're not very good at thinking about stuff, are you?

>if you were raised with
>Problem solving and practical skills seem to be lacking in your generation
So... you're a shitty parent? What point did you think you were making?

>ugh this generation
>so glad i'm a young 20-something posting on an imageboard for degenerates who watch cartoons in 2017 telling off all these youngins

And? Go on, tell us how he's going to keep the meat warm for 4-5 hours until lunchtime? Or do you enjoy eating cold pulled pork sandwiches? Seems like you're not good at thinking things through either.

>What point did you think you were making?
That building a smoker is really fucking simple and it's shocking to me that people seem to think it's somehow difficult or impractical.

I was also insulting millenials, since most people from previous generations would have no problem rigging up a box and sticking some coals inside it.

I happen to be especially frustrated (triggered?) by this since I found out a few moments ago that the new intern I hired--who is a fucking mechanical engineering major right now--has never actually used a hammer in his entire life.

>Go on, tell us how he's going to keep the meat warm for 4-5 hours until lunchtime?
Stick it in a cooler. Insulation works both ways, you know. Or the aforementioned crock pots could be used not for cooking, but to keep the smoked pulled pork warm.

>>Seems like you're not good at thinking things through either.
No, that's just you. You really do seem pretty dumb.

>muh millenials
I'm a millenial and I have no problems building my own smoker. Sorry to shatter your image that all of us are lazy "commies" that you and your reddit buddies shitpost all over /pol/

he has a man card that means he doesn't have to think

Yea he's gonna get up early and bring a smoker to the parking lot to please the foodie leeches like you. Don't think he's forcing anyone to eat the pulled pork

See, shortbus.
Goddamn, you're stupid.

>I'm a millenial and I have no problems building my own smoker.

Good. You're an outlier from your peers.

I just think that if you're going to do a job you should do it right. Why half-ass it when it's not hard to do it right?

So your boss is giving you shit because you hired a retard and you take it out on an entire generation? You deserve not only to be fired, but pilloried nude in the town square for 1 week.

>Stick it in a cooler
So it can be a nice room temperature by lunch time. Great.

No, your perception of my peers is based off of shit like antifa and the LGBTPBBQCPO7 community, which are still a vast minority.

I don't even know what antifa is, though I have seen the term in headlines I skimmed.

My perception of your peers is based on working with them. I manage a machine shop at a major US university. I interact with college students on a daily basis: some of them are my employees (student workers). The others are those who come in and need help on projects or who just need to use the facilities. The dumbing down and loss of practical skills is insane, and it's getting worse with time. I just posted earlier about a guy I recently hired who has never in his life used a hammer.

Practical skills are one thing, the biggest issue is people these days have little sense of pattern recognition and thus, never learn from their mistakes or understand how things work.

It will stay hot for 10+ hours assuming your cooler doesn't suck. How do you think caterers serve hot food to their clients, user?

Why do you keep opening your mouth when it's abundantly clear you have no clue what you're talking about?

>So your boss is giving you shit because you hired a retard and you take it out on an entire generation?
Nope, my boss was the one who told me to hire him. He's related to the department head (my boss). That's just a single example though, I can think of countless others. Would you like me to list more of them? I could go on for ages, but frankly it's not really on topic for the board.

Unless you're 40, you are a millennial, you retard.

This is probably the most reddit thing I've ever seen on this board.
Please go back, tourist.

You need to stop spazzing out on this Taiwanese basket-weaving forum, user.

What if I turn 40 next month?

Are you really this stupid? Coolers are only used for transport in catering. No respectable caterer serves out of fucking coolers. They have warmers for hot foods, idiot.

Pulled pork from a crock pot isn't ideal but isn't bad either. It's quite good for tacos if you put in a bunch of spices and lime juice and let it cook down.

>not putting pulled pork in ramen

I'd want tender fatty chashu pork belly in ramen before some dry-ass pulled pork.

Smoke it, but if you must do it in a slowcooker it’s absolutely vital that you marinate and sear the pork first, and that you use liquid smoke.

>is an oven acceptable?
Sure. Before you go to bed when you have the next day off, just set your oven to 250, season the pork butt, put it on a rack in a pan to catch the drippings, and toss it in the oven to cook over night while you sleep. It'll take like 12 hours to cook, and once it's hit 190 internal temp, toss it in a cooler and rest it for another hour. Then you can make a sauce with the drippings, use a standard BBQ sauce, or whatever, and then pull it apart after the rest. It'll be fine.

Fuck all these idiots crying about not having a smoker, slow roasted pork is great no matter how you do it.

Just use an oven you galloping edgelord vaginal eruption.
youtube.com/watch?v=An9FA6a8dyc