SoFu

>The style (Soul Food) of cooking originated during American slavery. African slaves were given only the "leftover" and "undesirable" cuts of meat from their masters (while the white slave owners got the meatiest cuts of ham, roasts, etc.).
>slaves were given only the "leftover" and "undesirable" cuts
>"leftover" and "undesirable"
>top kek

Is food preference genetic?

Other urls found in this thread:

niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-statistics/overweight-obesity
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Since a person's genes affect their senses then there must be some genetic component to a person's sense of taste, and therefore some foods might taste better or worse to different people. For example, the well-known genetic difference that makes cilantro taste like soap to some people.

just funny how i only see a certain race eating these yard clippings....gotta be genetic

soul food is just southern cooking that blacks brought out of the south

Also there are food preferences that are found to be genetic like cilantro, but many preferences are learned through environment while growing up.

White person here. Collards are my favorite veggie, both more tender and more nutritious than kale. I srsly don't get the kale fad.

so over every other vegetable, carrot, onions, peppers, snap peas, edimame, etc; you say your favorite "veggie" is this bitter yard leaf?
this is bullshit.

>Is food preference genetic?

Yes. Yes it is.

/thread

Scandifag here. I'm not the guy you're replying to, but collards are fucking god-tier when cooked properly. Calling them a "bitter yard leaf" sounds like childish nonsense. If the dish is bitter then someone cooked them wrong.

Ah the old nature vs nurture question. Bit of both would be my answer

so you love your table scraps? sorry im not on your level, pleb.

>Is food preference genetic?

Is it racist to say it IS or is it racist to say it ISN'T?

To say it is implies blacks have no self control and choose to be obese.

To say it isn't implies blacks are just obese & diabetic cause they have poor genetics.

I can't tell anymore...

holy shit...

If 70% of our men were all obese and 80% of our women were fat sacks of shit, I'd be angry all the time too...

>bitter yard leaf?
You fail at cooking.

Collards have a delicate flavor, they play well with most other foods, and take well to seasoning. Most of the veggies you listed are much more situational and dish-specific.

>he can't into collards
stay mad bichboi

maybe i'm not into eating compost

>but any food can be composted
ur pwning urself at this point

compost = shit
all food turns to shit.
some foods require no process to become shit, like collagrees

Of course you'd think so, you don't know how to cook collards. Also please learn how to spell.

Black communities are overweight because they don't have the education required to realize you can't live a healthy life eating tombstone frozen pizzas and takis every fucking day. Why do they have bad education? Fuck if i know, they get really aggressive when they're stupid so it's probably one of those things that get's more difficult to fix the longer you leave it, like shitting your pants.

How the fuck do you even get fat. I eat a ton and I look like skeletor.

wrong, well partly wrong.
they're fucking fat because they get literally $600-$1000 a munf fo dem foostampz. Now im a tad overweight and I only spend $150-$200 a month on groceries. I cannot imagine what a fat piece of shit I'd be eating $1000 worth of frozen pizzas, takis, hot pockets, and cheeseballs every month.

Nice fake unsourced chart. Now here's the facts from NIH. Consider yourself btfo, retard.

niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-statistics/overweight-obesity

>Lol what is reading comprehension
I'm not saying his chart is correct, but your chart only includes obesity, not obesity+overweight
Knowing that 50% of black people suffer from obesity, how many others in the remaining 50% are just overweight?

Lol sorry, I meant to say your chart shows 60% of black people being obese

>what are food deserts?

A nonsensical concept, that's what. Live in an urban area with few markets that sell ingredients? Mail-order. Delivery.

Spotted the NEET shutin.

What makes you say that? I spend most of my time outdoors, and I travel a lot for work.

Isn't that just the obvious solution? If you can't get something you want locally then fucking order it.