Tea General

Another morning, another pot of Yorkshire Gold. (I won't open my package of Kalami Assam until I finish the last of my Yorkshire )
All things tea here.

Other urls found in this thread:

teaatmorningcranetea.blogspot.com/2017/11/special-teabuy-korea-kim-jong-yeol.html
amazon.com/Strainer-LeafLife-Stainless-Insulated-BPA-Free/dp/B01B68BCO2/ref=sr_1_19?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1512358102&sr=1-19&keywords=tea infuser
youtube.com/watch?v=At9Yi2MBG5U
youtube.com/watch?v=M9YwALw73gY&list=PL352DE825810C2FA2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Philistine here. When not gargling vodka, monster import, Gatorade, vitamin juice, generic zero sugar cola, and cheap vitamin juice....

Earl Grey. Black. 1/2 tsp sugar. Every now and again Darjeeling, the same way. I apologise, but I'm from the colonies. Enough said.

I enjoy Earl Grey and Darjeeling myself, but those are "afternoon" teas for me. And, obviously I don't add milk to those. But my morning tea has to be strong enough to make the spoon stand up, so it gets a splash of milk.
If you like those, you should try Oolong and Lady Grey. Or, if you can find it, "Garden Party" blend.

I drink loose leaf tea, but I fill my own tea bags. I feel like I'm doing something I should feel guilty for.

Colonist here. Fuck off. Go back to /b/ if you want to bait.

I do the same thing. As long as they're big enough for the leaves to expand I think we're good.

You could just get one of these. It holds aboutb3 cups or two mugs worth.

What the fucking fuck is wrong with you?

Hello, I like an english breakfast with lemon and a little sugar, or just lemon, it is how my family drank tea in russia because there was no milk (thanks commies, great economic strategy). I think it is a delicious and refreshing way to enjoy tea!

Please discuss teas taken with lemon, I feel they are underrepresented in these threads compared to teas taken with milk.

OP here. I like my Earl Grey and Garden Party teas with lemon. I also sometimes add lemon to my green teas like Sencha. Lemon is nice in lighter brews, imo. Although, if I order breakfast tea in a restaurant, and they bring me lemon with it, I'll add it regardless, mainly because it's there, and I like lemon. But at home, I don't usually add lemon to my morning tea, just milk. Now I'm thinking about making some Earl Grey this afternoon and adding lemon to it.

I really like Darjeeling

Tea with lemon is somewhat proverbial in our country as cure for flu, but i think i haven't had one for quite some time. I probably should try it again.

>just lemon
>not even any honey, ginger or rum

what

i tried yorkshire gold for the first time today. thought it had almost no flavor compared to the red

did i just not brew it long enough

I started off my tea experience with bagged cheap assam blend with lemon and sugar. currently I moved to unsweetened black, green and pu erh tea. the classic version is still very good though.

I like long jing green tea with some milk and lime juice. Really helps me relax after a long day.

Milk Oolong here. Such a comfy flavor

Just a heads up, Morning Crane Tea is having a special teabuy: teaatmorningcranetea.blogspot.com/2017/11/special-teabuy-korea-kim-jong-yeol.html

These seem to be some unique deals, as I don't think the green tea's are offered to any western vendors. There's also some balhyocha as well, which is kind of like a black tea, but with less oxidation.

Irish breakfast tea is nice
no milk or sugar

you fucking dipshit.
He is referring to the english colonys in america dumping british tea into the sea right before the revolutionary war protesting british rule.

Im new to drinking tea and I want to drink hot tea.

The issue is that I haven't ever drank hot drinks before. The one time I drank hot cocoa it took like 2 hours. Will I adjust over time or is there a way to speed it up

Have you ever tried a London Fog? It's like an Earl Grey latte. It's comprised of Earl Grey (preferably with bergamot and a touch of lavender), steamed milk, and a little bit of vanilla. Really pleasant and very comforting, even if you don't normally add anything to your hot drinks.

Do you mean speed up the cooling down of the drink, or the time it takes to drink it? You can drink it however fast you want, but most people I think would agree hot drinks are best enjoyed slowly and leisurely.

>(preferably with bergamot and a touch of lavender

Earl Grey contains bergamot oil by definition.

Assam TGFOP black, brewed quite strong.

Goddamit I can almost smell it through the picture.

>running out of lapsang
REEEEEE

Yes but most of the time by time I finish it it's very cold. But beyond that's thanks

Return to Reddit, plebean

As a convert from coffee to tea I've become a huge matcha fan. It has less of a buzz than coffee but more than any tea (short of yerba) and the balanced buzz I do get lasts a long time. Seems to make my mood better too.

Who the fuck cares, you mong. Get out of the tea thread.

do you buy in bulk?

No one should feel guilty for enjoying tea the way they like it

Lady grey is my all time favorite tea. I take it with cream and sugar because I'm a heathen.

People should feel guilt for liking things I don't.

When I went off to college, I took an unholy amount of loose-leaf tea with me -- my roommate makes fun of me for the fact that my desk is like half full of tea.

Morning is usually like one or two types of tea, some sort of chocolate / hazelnut mix (ordered it off a site, can't recall the name) and this Nigrili thing I found (probably butchered the name). Darjeeling, Madagascar Vanilla, some cinnamon blend and gunpowder tea for afternoon / evening stuff. Milk and sugar about half the time, depending on how I'm feeling.

Dunno, I'm probably still a degenerate for putting milk and sugar in Darjeeling sometimes. I can't help it.

FTGFOP First Flush Darjeeling. Occasionally maybe some Assam with milk or Chinese/Japanese green tea.

I'm not really knowledgeable about the latter and would like to learn more about it, like what sorts or gardens to look out for.

For anybody in Europe, check out teekampagne. Their first flush darjeeling is great, and very reasonably priced due to direct import.

>My tea doesnt come out this delicious shade with milk
>Comes out looking like the colour of the milk
REEEEE

Use less milk.

Can't find Yorkshire Gold anywhere in the states. Settling for Twinings English Breakfast with milk and sugar in the meantime.

Got a thing for keemun at the moment, the finer the better. Any favorite suppliers?

Brew longer and use less milk

If you live close to a World Market, they sell it there. Also, check specialty stores.

If I want to brew tea in a simple and efficient way, can I just place the tea leaves and water in one cup, let it brew, and then strain it into another cup with one of these?

yes I use a normal kitchen strainer

Any recommendations for rooibos tea? I bought pic related, but it was way too weak for my taste.

give me recommendations on oolong tea please

I recommend drinking it.

I recommend using it like chewing tobacco. Get a great wad underneath your gums.

rooibos is not tea

What tea infuser do Veeky Forums use?
I'm new into tea and was thinking of buying this.
amazon.com/Strainer-LeafLife-Stainless-Insulated-BPA-Free/dp/B01B68BCO2/ref=sr_1_19?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1512358102&sr=1-19&keywords=tea infuser

I use a large finum infuser

What is it with shills on this board and plastic bullshit

What are some other good fog drinks? Place near where I live has a winter fog which is peppermint tea with steamed milk and white chocolate flavoring. I like it even more than London Fogs. I want to try one with Lapsang Souchong. Probably be horrible but I still want to try.

It costs $7 and is the first result when looking for a brewing basket. And more importantly it works.

Morning routine initiated.
Same as it ever was.
But I can't live without my morning tea.
Think I'll mix it up after this pot and make some cardamom tea. It's just assam tea flavored with cardamom.

Do people outside of Germany drink East Frisian Tea?

I drink bagged tea. Don't really care, tastes fine to me.

Pic related actually has chamomile in it too. Green steeped for 2 mins, chamomile for 6.

>Tom Ford frames
Middle aged, favors Charles Tyrwhitt non-iron shirts, most days wears a blue and brown windowpane sport coat over jeans, carries his computer in a Timbuk2 backpack, wears those Cole Haan longwings with the sneaker soles. Wristwatch would be a quartz Seamaster. Favorite shows are Game of Thrones and The Wire. Has been thinking of getting in on that bitcoin thing like his brother in law keeps talking about. Just need to do some research first, don't want to mess up.

How accurate am I, op?

Lol, not even close, in any way, shape, or form. But that was amusing to read. The only part of that blanket analysis that was even close is that I'm getting close to middle aged, but not quite there yet. Everything else couldn't be farther from the truth. And, I've been a fan of Tom Ford for a long time, barring some hits and misses. I was a fan of his 2016 fall/winter collection, most recently. Also, just fyi, I've never seen or read Game of Thrones, not into that kind of thing, and idk what the Wire is.

Also, I was going to ask, what kind of middle aged person carries a backpack??

Damm it. Well it was worth a shot.

You started to see it a few years ago and it's gotten more common than briefcases and man purses these days. I don't know why. It's distressing.

But it's both straps, not like when we were growing up and you just do one.

Ugh. That is awful. No one over the age of 25 should carry a backpack unless they're going camping or hiking.

Wassaht mate - cup of tea? Yeah PG Tips for me, nice and strong and a bit a milk please

I was offered instant tea in a first class GWR train this morning. I nearly broke the emergency stop alarm.

I mix Tang and generic black tea.
No guilts felt.

Fine mesh and large. Ticks all the right boxes.

From Germany, but not as far north. What's the special thing about it? Assam plus Kandis?

Pine needle tea is stronger than rooibos.

Though I do think rooibos brew tastes good, too.

Easy, Tiger.
I'm 43 and use a backpack mainly because I have to use public transportation and have a lot of things to carry with me throughout the day.

But I do use both straps, unlike Bill Bixby's David Banner. That'll date me about right.

>MATCH CLOSE

My girlfriend came back from Norfolk to the US and got me hooked on PG Tips. Whenever I find them here in this backass town I purchase the whole lot.

>Bill Bixby's David Banner

I remember when that show first aired, I was very, very young, and when his wife was killed in the first episode, it scarred me for life, I couldn't listen to "You Light Up My Life" on the radio after that without feeling impossibly sad.

My favorite.

What the fuck else are you supposed to carry your stuff in, then?

Oh, and these were my previous frames, which I still have and plan to put reading lenses in later on.

Wanted to delve more into oolong so I order a Tiguanyin from Adagio.

I haven't seen it since it aired. I remember it being one of the best things ever to hit television (that, and Battlestar Galactica). If I saw it now, it'd probably be silly. Like Wonder Woman or Dukes of Hazzard.
Shazam was pretty cool, too.

What's the tea that is super smoky? I got a tin of it once (Twinings, I think) and it was horrible.
Lapsang souchong, maybe? I might like it now but at the time, i wasn't expecting it to be so strong so it suprised me.

"The Lonely Man" is the best credits/show closer of all time.
youtube.com/watch?v=At9Yi2MBG5U

What kind of tea is used for Thai iced tea? Is it just normal black mixed with sweet milk?

I always feel ill if I drink tea without milk on an empty stomach.

i make sweet tea with pic related, and mix it 50/50 with mtn dew every morning to get me through the day

Ha! Just last night I mixed cold tea and ginger ale and it wasn't that bad.

You're steeping it for too long. I used to have that problem too.

What are your options on Celestial seasonings? I like it as a cheaper tea and some of the flavors such as Sleepytime are maximum comfy.

green tea best tea

Red Zinger, Madagascar Vanilla (really rooibos), Apple Cinnamon, Mandarin Orange spice, I think they had a blueberry one once that was really mild but smelled out of this world... weak taste, though. I like their minty varieties.

The herbal ones are good when I'm up late writing and doing shots of vodka straight from the bottle. They make for a nice chaser.

Still, they're no black tea or Earl Grey. The thing I like bests about tea is that it helped me quit smoking. At least in my head, anyway. In reality it probably got me more wound up...

That picture is maximum comfy!
Bear's got the fire going and a cat nearby.
I'd bet that radio's got Art Bells talking well into the night...

*Bell*

>Art Bell
Hi dad!

I prefer Joe Frank for relaxy time but unfortunately he's only an hour

Holy crap! How did I not know about this guy, already?

youtube.com/watch?v=M9YwALw73gY&list=PL352DE825810C2FA2

And yeah, I'm probably old enough to be your dad.

Joe Frank is great, hope you enjoy

My dad is 80

Looking at his website now.

...OK, we're probably the same age, then. Heh.

>Came for the lolis, stayed for the tea.

Fully stainless steel basket infusers are under $10. I actually see a few selling for less than that one.

Though I sometimes use one that's completely nylon with no hard plastic touching the water.

Another daily bump for all things tea. Today I broke with tradition and made a big mug of the Noir Litchi, but I'm not satisfied. Yes, it's nice, but I'm going to have to make a big mug of either Yorkshire or Assam after this. I need that bracing brew in the mornings.

I normally have an Assam TGFOP first thing, but lately I've been drinking Kenya GFOP. The dryer woody taste is tickling my fancy these days.
Waiting on an order of Golden Lily Jin Xuan oolong from Taiwan Sourcing to come in. The shop I work at sells Guangzhou Milk Ooolong which isn't flavoured by our blender, but commonly had milk, cream, eggs, or fish parts added to the fertilizer to create a creamy flavour, so I'm interested in trying the original "Milk Oolong" tea plant.

Is Tieguanyin a good oolong for aomeone new to oolongs to start with?

Any oolong is good to start with! Just start drinking oolongs and figure out which kinds you like.

How do i make good milk tea?

drinking peppermint before I fall asleep